By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Wii U games are you buying for the rest of the year?

DarthMetalliCube said:

My list is very different that most. Mostly because I'm going to be getting stuff that's been out. I'm still catching up with the library as someone who jumped on board over a year after it launched with little $.

Batman Arkham Origins - enjoyed the first two and it's only going for 20 bucks. I feel like the gamepad would work well for this game with all the weapons and accessories at your disposal.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - One of my favorite franchises ever

Wonderful 101 - Really enjoyed Pikmin 3 so I figure this game will be similar, and it's also very cheap. - play the demo if it's still available because this game has very little in common with Pikmin other than there being a bunch of characters on screen.  I don't think the demo does a great job of showcasing the game but you'll still get some idea. Still a great a unique game as far as I'm concerned but not necessarily everyone's cup of tea.

Smash Bros - Do I even need to explain?

Watch Dogs - though probably well after it launches and the price plummets, since the game will likely bomb.

Steam World Dig - I've been following the game pretty much since it released on 3DS (which I no longer own). Love the style, looks somewhat Terraria-esque which I love.

Maybes:

Zombi U - another very cheap game (are you sensing a theme here?) My friend who is a diehard survival horror guy raves about it, and again, looks like it utilizes the gamepad well.

Assassin's Creed 3 - only 13 bucks, and I'm loving AC4.

That's about all I'll need until the big blowout of games that is to arrive early next year..

See my comments above re W101.

Definitely: Smash, Bayonetta and Captain Toad.

Maybe: Hyrule Warriors, Trine? (didn't even know it was coming) and I'll be on the lookout for a couple of good eShop games, been a while since I got any, not even sure what's coming though.

Around the Network
hsrob said:

Trine? (didn't even know it was coming) 

There's no release date yet, but Frozenbyte have confirmed its coming this year.

Smash and Bayonetta 2

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Do note, this is what happens if, and only if, I decide to get a Wii U instead of a Vita this holiday.

Guaranteed:
>Mario Kart 8
>Super Mario 3D World
>Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
>Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (if this doesn't get released this year, I'm not going to buy a Wii U.)
>Bayonetta 2
>The Wonderful 101

Interested in:
>Child of Light
>Shovel Knight
>Hyrule Warriors
>Pikmin 3
>Nintendo Land

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

curl-6 said:
hsrob said:

Trine? (didn't even know it was coming) 

There's no release date yet, but Frozenbyte have confirmed its coming this year.

Cool, I enjoyed Trine 2 very much so that will be one of my purchases.

Around the Network

Definitely getting Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 1&2, and Smash. About 80% certain I'll get Sonic Boom. About 50% for Captain Toad. Watch_Dogs is of unknown percentage because Ubisoft have to reconvince me, at this point, to be interested.

Bayonetta 2,

Maybe Smash bros

Have:
MK8

Definitely:
Bayonetta 2
Bayonetta 1

Maybe:
Pikmin 3
Smash Bros U.

Bayonetta 2 and Sonic Boom are in consideration.

I got the new WoW exapansion to that has been consuming most of my free time. The only games i am sure to buy for the rest of the year are Dragon Age 3 and Tales of Hearts R.

No Yoshi, No Toad, means No sure retail purchase for the rest of the year. Maybe Smash Bros purchase, just depends if it has an Adventure mode or not. In the eShop side of things, Affordable Space Adventures could be a possibility, and so could Chariot, Stealth Inc. 2 or Swords & Soldiers 2.

Here is my maybe eShop list:
Affordable Space Adventurees
Art of Balance
Assault Android Cactus
Chariot
Crosscode
Hyper Light Drifter
Oliver & Spike
Rex Rocket
Stealth Inc. 2
Shiftlings
Wild Season