By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How would you feel if Microsoft released Rare and Rare made games for the Wii U?

Tagged games:

It would....

make my cry because Rare is crap nowadays . 43 45.74%

make me hope that they'r... 51 54.26%

Total:94

everyone that made rare great is gone. The only thing i'd be happy about are the ip's that could be brought back, like perfect dark, killer instinct, banjo kazooie, the miniscule chance that a proper mondern goldeneye could be made, and most hopefully of all.... conker2 bigger badder furrier. Looking at the list, nintendo was a fool of a company to let go of all that ip.

Around the Network

Everyone halfway talented left Rare a long time ago. They haven't made anything worthwhile since Kameo like 8 years ago.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Nintendo could dismantle put Rare and Retro to work together like Sony Santamonica works with other studios to put out nonstop hits. I would say yes, because MS has no creativity at all. MS could keep Killer Instinct because Rare isn't even working on that game. 

I'd be...sad.

Some people from Retro could probably plug the holes, but the ship has already sunk.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

lord_of_flood said:
I would rather have Nintendo buy some of Rare's more prominent IP's (mainly BK and Perfect Dark), then contract at least some of the individual studios that Rare's old talent belong to in order to provide creative input while you have another capable studio (preferably a UK studio) cooperate with development.

This. Nintendo Sold Rare. Who cares about the company anymore. They can't make anything good. Buy the franchises back. Not them.

Around the Network

Old Rare no longer exists and present day Rare does average to mediocre games. I think Nintendo wouldnt have much use for them.

Only if the devs that left came back, I would jizz my pants!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

MoHasanie said:

I don't care which system they make games for, I just want them to finally make some good one's again.

This. I'd buy their games on Xbox 360 if they weren't boiled feces. 

A lot of the original Rare talent left Rare and quite a few have voiced that they prefer working with Nintendo to other developers.

archer9234 said:
lord_of_flood said:
I would rather have Nintendo buy some of Rare's more prominent IP's (mainly BK and Perfect Dark), then contract at least some of the individual studios that Rare's old talent belong to in order to provide creative input while you have another capable studio (preferably a UK studio) cooperate with development.

This. Nintendo Sold Rare. Who cares about the company anymore. They can't make anything good. Buy the franchises back. Not them.

NIntendo never owned Rare. They had a controlling stake in the company. Microsoft came in and bought it out in it's entirety