By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Microsoft bought Mojang, would they ruin it like they did with RARE?

you can't possible ruin a company that has made one game as much as one that has made many classics.

Around the Network

Mojang would be better off being under the MS umbrella....just like Nokia is and Skype is......u believe me, rite?

I love this misconception that gamers seem to have about the Rare acquisition. If Rare was doing so well, why did Nintendo sell their stake allowing them to be acquired.  are was nearing a liquidation, so who knows if Rare would even still have a name if not for being bought by Microsoft. I just find it hilarious when people say give Rare back to Nintendo, when Nintendo basically sold them off.

Let's see how many people ignore this comment, as they want to stick to the MSFT killed Rare narrative.

In terms they if the deal goes through, MSFT is buying the Minecraft brand which will be a staple with the younger generation for many years.

Both Mojang and Retro are painfully overhyped.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I don't get how it could be a good buy for them. Mojang is completely focused on Minecraft (which is on everything except Nintendo now). They don't really do anything else and nor do they need to. Hopefully it will be like Nokia where very little changes

Also i wish big corporations like Microsoft could just fuck off and stop buying smaller companies. It has a monopolising effect.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Wow, for a moment I thought I made this thread! That's exactly what I was thinking!

your an explodingblock alt confirmed?

bananaking21 said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Wow, for a moment I thought I made this thread! That's exactly what I was thinking!

Weird situation! Explodingblock is a male, but Sony Girl is a female!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

There is nothing that Microsoft can ruin in an overrated 1hitwonder studio at all. The community made minecraft great not notch or the studio. Notch just stole ideas etc. The community made Minecraft great.

Notch will leave anyway.

AZWification said:
bananaking21 said:

Weird situation! Explodingblock is a male, but Sony Girl is a female!

You're, not your. And of course I'm female! It's on my name. And when I said I thought I made this thread, I meant I had the same idea for a thread.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

please dont compare these two companies its a SIN.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.