By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Microsoft bought Mojang, would they ruin it like they did with RARE?

ikki5 said:
How can you ruin a game with already bad coding... for consoles they'll probably ruin it... though consoles is not that great as is but for PC, hopefully the coding and such will be greatly improved.

This is not about the coding at all? What does the coding have to do with it? It's about the game itself. Microsoft may charge for new updates or whatever, which would ruin the game for a good part already.

Around the Network

Yes they're only good for Minecraft and aren't worth 2 billion

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Squeezol said:
ikki5 said:
How can you ruin a game with already bad coding... for consoles they'll probably ruin it... though consoles is not that great as is but for PC, hopefully the coding and such will be greatly improved.

This is not about the coding at all? What does the coding have to do with it? It's about the game itself. Microsoft may charge for new updates or whatever, which would ruin the game for a good part already.

Huh

Hopefully they do ruin them.

D-Joe said:
Squeezol said:
ikki5 said:

Huh

If Microsoft is going to ruin Minecraft, they might do it by charging people for updates. For example, 10 bucks for a few new features. Since the release of Minecraft updates have always been free, but I'm sure Microsoft wants to make money off of Minecraft, or else they wouldn't have payed this enourmous amount of cash. I wouldn't bee surprised to see them charging for updates.

Around the Network
Slade6alpha said:
I hope they don't go through on the buy.. 2 Billion MS? Are you serious?

What a waste if this ends up to be true.

Well you can breath a sigh of relief, they didn't buy them for 2B, apparently its 2.5B :P

Squeezol said:
ikki5 said:

yeah, the coding of the game was pretty crap with Mojang, maybe with Microsoft, the coding may be improved in further updates. That's what I am getting it.

With Phil Spencer, I think there fine :)

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Just saw Phil Spencer's video on YouTube and MS is going 3rd party with Minecraft. Good man, Phil

yes