By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 30 Aug hardware up

Zoombael said:
mornelithe said:
StarDoor said:
It looks like VGC has 73,750 Wii Us sold in USA for August, while NPD has roughly 59,500 sold. That's not good.

North America isn't just the US.

It is not? You're shattering worldviews man. Not cool man.

Which is even more crazy since the 73,750 is JUST US when the 59,500 is all of north america.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
arachnid15 said:
Aura7541 said:
PS3 absolutely crushing the 360 and X1 in Europe :-O

I know, right? The PS3 may not be the be the freak of nature beast that the PS2 was, but it is pretty beastly just the same. Still plugging along. :) 

Yeah, Playstation systems are known for their longevity. The PS3 recently had a pricecut in Japan at the end of last month. I wonder if Sony will cut the price everywhere else.

Oh, I did not realize there was a recent price cut for the PS3 in Japan. Must have missed that. Go to know. I was sort of surprised that Sony did not announce a price cut in the US for later this year in time for the holidays. Since they have been so silent on it to this point, however, I guess that is not happening. I think it would be a good idea and really boost US sales this holiday season but it appears they feel it is doing fine at the current price point and want to wait for another time. Would have loved to see what it could acomplish in Nov. and Dec. with a price cut for sure. 

StarDoor said:
mornelithe said:
StarDoor said:
It looks like VGC has 73,750 Wii Us sold in USA for August, while NPD has roughly 59,500 sold. That's not good.

North America isn't just the US.

Um, yeah, I know that. Why on earth did you assume that I was using the North American VGC numbers versus the US-only numbers of NPD? On VGC's Hardware YoY tool, it says that 73,750 Wii Us were sold in the United States during August.

NPD is North America. Which makes the overtracking worse.

jlmurph2 said:

Oh. I thought you were making the opposite point.

...Well, that makes this even worse than I imagined.

StarDoor said:
jlmurph2 said:

That wasn't me, the guy who quoted you was trying to make a slick jab, but ended up looking ignorant himself

Around the Network

Healthy numbers.

Poor nintendo. Wii U sales are really bad after the mario kart 8 magic is over. 3ds is also below 100k.

jlmurph2 said:
StarDoor said:

That wasn't me, the guy who quoted you was trying to make a slick jab, but ended up looking ignorant himself

Oh, oops. I got confused by the quoting.

Well, I guess I can empathize with not wanting the Wii U to be overtracked, in any case.

jlmurph2 said:

If you're saying that the 59,700 that was leaked was NA numbers, that's incorrect. While NPD does track other countries, we only get US numbers, so 59,700 IS US.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

daredevil.shark said:

Poor nintendo. Wii U sales are really bad after the mario kart 8 magic is over. 3ds is also below 100k.

3DS is like, less than 500k for being 100k