By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 30 Aug hardware up

And 3DS may fall more thanks to the New 3DS announce.

I know... my English sucks.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
StarDoor said:
mornelithe said:

North America isn't just the US.

Um, yeah, I know that. Why on earth did you assume that I was using the North American VGC numbers versus the US-only numbers of NPD? On VGC's Hardware YoY tool, it says that 73,750 Wii Us were sold in the United States during August.

NPD is North America. Which makes the overtracking worse.

WHAT??? So why does every NPD thread only show the USA numbers for VGC?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

The PS3 is above the Wii U! Europe is doing a great job at keeping it afloat. The PS4 is also tracking nicely.

binary solo said:
jlmurph2 said:
StarDoor said:
mornelithe said:

North America isn't just the US.

Um, yeah, I know that. Why on earth did you assume that I was using the North American VGC numbers versus the US-only numbers of NPD? On VGC's Hardware YoY tool, it says that 73,750 Wii Us were sold in the United States during August.

NPD is North America. Which makes the overtracking worse.

WHAT??? So why does every NPD thread only show the USA numbers for VGC?

My mistake then, every NPD article I searched for only said North America. But then again they didn't really give numbers. Apologies

arachnid15 said:
Aura7541 said:

Yeah, Playstation systems are known for their longevity. The PS3 recently had a pricecut in Japan at the end of last month. I wonder if Sony will cut the price everywhere else.

Oh, I did not realize there was a recent price cut for the PS3 in Japan. Must have missed that. Go to know. I was sort of surprised that Sony did not announce a price cut in the US for later this year in time for the holidays. Since they have been so silent on it to this point, however, I guess that is not happening. I think it would be a good idea and really boost US sales this holiday season but it appears they feel it is doing fine at the current price point and want to wait for another time. Would have loved to see what it could acomplish in Nov. and Dec. with a price cut for sure. 

Yeah, it'll be nice if Sony cuts the price before holiday kicks in. The PS3 got a price cut because the internals got replaced with smaller and consequently, cheaper parts. I'm theorizing that Sony doesn't want to take away any of the PS4's thunder because holy moly, is it taking September by storm!

Around the Network

Interesting stuff. I'm assuming we'll see noticeable drops next week.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Aura7541 said:
arachnid15 said:
Aura7541 said:

Yeah, Playstation systems are known for their longevity. The PS3 recently had a pricecut in Japan at the end of last month. I wonder if Sony will cut the price everywhere else.

Oh, I did not realize there was a recent price cut for the PS3 in Japan. Must have missed that. Go to know. I was sort of surprised that Sony did not announce a price cut in the US for later this year in time for the holidays. Since they have been so silent on it to this point, however, I guess that is not happening. I think it would be a good idea and really boost US sales this holiday season but it appears they feel it is doing fine at the current price point and want to wait for another time. Would have loved to see what it could acomplish in Nov. and Dec. with a price cut for sure. 

Yeah, it'll be nice if Sony cuts the price before holiday kicks in. The PS3 got a price cut because the internals got replaced with smaller and consequently, cheaper parts. I'm theorizing that Sony doesn't want to take away any of the PS4's thunder because holy moly, is it taking September by storm!

They'll drop PS3 price at the same time aas they drop PS4 price IMO. That way attention won;t be taken off PS4. And why would you cut the price of an 8 year old, last gen system that's still selling over 50K per week? Might as well squeeze as much late gen profit out of PS3 as possible to reduce that 7th gen loss as much as possible when the final PS3 is sold and all the numbers are tallied.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

are those xone numbers for adjustment?

Kinda pointless to get data this late, after we already found out most of the numbers from more reliable sources.

The PS3 showing that it has the BEST legs of its generation, (as any other PS console).