By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
celador said:
Why would X1 go down next week? Tier two launch should give it a boost to over 100k comfortably. With a free game promotion, Destiny, China and the rush of big games that start soon I think this may be X1's last sub-100k week until the new year

The boost wouldn't be very big except for Japan, as XB1 is launching in most Tier 2 countries on September 23.

Around the Network

Wonder what Yusuf Mehdi makes of the PS3 stomping on X1 and 360 combined in Europe. Guess people are more than satisfied to go PS3. Lol

jlmurph2 said:
binary solo said:
jlmurph2 said:
StarDoor said:
mornelithe said:

North America isn't just the US.

Um, yeah, I know that. Why on earth did you assume that I was using the North American VGC numbers versus the US-only numbers of NPD? On VGC's Hardware YoY tool, it says that 73,750 Wii Us were sold in the United States during August.

NPD is North America. Which makes the overtracking worse.

WHAT??? So why does every NPD thread only show the USA numbers for VGC?

My mistake then, every NPD article I searched for only said North America. But then again they didn't really give numbers. Apologies

It is not. We only get US NPD numbers, not from Canada.

Out of curiosity why is VGC once again estimating the XB1 above PS4 in NA? Didn't they get caught with their pants down in last month's NPD?

Poor Wii U.
I don't even see it improving until Smash. :S

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

Wii U's sales are worrying, but it was to be expected since there hasn't been any important release in the last few months. Things won't get better until Smash.

^ Not really. Wii U only went up in sales because of Mario Kart 8. In fact, it`s doing way better than it did last year from May to today.
http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_yoy.php?reg=Europe&start_year=2011&end_year=2014&console=WiiU

But in the end, it`s still one game. And without a single meaningful release since May, it`s only natural to see Wii U sales decline.

What will happen to the Wii U in 2015?

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Panama said:

Out of curiosity why is VGC once again estimating the XB1 above PS4 in NA? Didn't they get caught with their pants down in last month's NPD?

No, last months NPD was on point while this month the main one that isnt on point is Wii U overtracked. For the last week of August Xbox One did outsell PS4. Just not the whole month. 

jlmurph2 said:
Panama said:

No, last months NPD was on point while this month the main one that isnt on point is Wii U overtracked. For the last week of August Xbox One did outsell PS4. Just not the whole month. 

Thanks for the clarification.