By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 30 Aug hardware up

...and look at that PS3. Scrappy little sucker. :)

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:
For the first time in a long time, Mario Kart 8 has finally fallen to way below Wii U sales.

15k is enough to get you in the Top 10, apparently.

Nice week for both PS4 and XBOne (outsell Wii U globally in the US!). Wii U will most likely stay sub-60k till end-October.

You know that's actually correct wording if you put a comma in there.

So perfect.

PS3 going incredible in Europe... Vita was doing alright there too :/ what happened

Wii U's baseline in August could have already been as low as 40k as I doubt Europe+ROTW are that far ahead of the US in terms of sales.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

mornelithe said:
StarDoor said:
It looks like VGC has 73,750 Wii Us sold in USA for August, while NPD has roughly 59,500 sold. That's not good.

North America isn't just the US.

It is not? You're shattering worldviews man. Not cool man.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

PS3 absolutely crushing the 360 and X1 in Europe :-O

Look at the Wii U and 3DS go! Those drops just keep coming.

Aura7541 said:

I know, right? The PS3 may not be the be the freak of nature beast that the PS2 was, but it is pretty beastly just the same. Still plugging along. :) 

arachnid15 said:
Aura7541 said:

I know, right? The PS3 may not be the be the freak of nature beast that the PS2 was, but it is pretty beastly just the same. Still plugging along. :) 

Yeah, Playstation systems are known for their longevity. The PS3 recently had a pricecut in Japan at the end of last month. I wonder if Sony will cut the price everywhere else.

mornelithe said:
StarDoor said:
It looks like VGC has 73,750 Wii Us sold in USA for August, while NPD has roughly 59,500 sold. That's not good.

North America isn't just the US.

Um, yeah, I know that. Why on earth did you assume that I was using the North American VGC numbers versus the US-only numbers of NPD? On VGC's Hardware YoY tool, it says that 73,750 Wii Us were sold in the United States during August.