By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One Is Going To Be Just Fine. Playstation 4 Will Not Dominate The Market In The Long Run.

Jega said:
gabzjmm23 said:
to be honest, the numbers or the console market gaming would shrink a bit, especially due to Japan being more into handheld/mobile gaming rather than console ones. which hindered more sales for PS4 and Wii U.
that 120million estimate for PS4 and 80 million for XBOX one. 75 million to PS4 and 50 million to XBOX 1.

The biggest gap sony can hope for with the ps4 this generation is 10 million, but I predict the current gap will close to half the

current gap of 5 million to around 2.5 million by holiday 2016.

They pulled a 5 million gap in 8 months, what magic will stop that from continuing.

Gap will be +++++20m by holidays 2016 hell it might be that in the next xmas, one dude on here has really good old projections that have been coming surprisingly close to bang on and it show gap only growing.  As any logic show it will as it continues month after month.

Around the Network
Jega said:
gabzjmm23 said:
to be honest, the numbers or the console market gaming would shrink a bit, especially due to Japan being more into handheld/mobile gaming rather than console ones. which hindered more sales for PS4 and Wii U.
that 120million estimate for PS4 and 80 million for XBOX one. 75 million to PS4 and 50 million to XBOX 1.

The biggest gap sony can hope for with the ps4 this generation is 10 million, but I predict the current gap will close to half the

PS4 is ahead of x1 this week in the US again, most likely x1 was over tracked lasty week so no x1 is not winning the US.

Jega said:
Zanten said:
Jega said:
Zanten said:

Okay, let's try this. Domination is a pretty... Vague term. 2:1 ratio is pretty dominant, but not as dominant as, say, the PS2 was. So, end of generation, what do you think the global gap between the two will be? What, for you, would dominance be?

If ps4 is the leader at the end of the generation, I see no more than a 10 million gap between the Ps4 and Xbox One.

.....and I consider a 20 million lead dominating not a 10 million lead.

But what if the Xbox One sells, say, a hundred million, and the PS4 a hundred and twenty? Are you saying that would be more dominant than if the Xbox One sold five million, and the PS4 sold twenty? The larger the install bases get, the less the 'gap' matters, which is why the current numbers are pretty worrisome for Microsoft. They're not just concerned that 'Oh, Sony sold five million more than us.' They're concerned that 'Shit, Sony's selling them twice as fast as us.'

But let's assume that the lower-end console, in this scenario the Xbox One, sells the same as the Xbox 360, 80 million. To reach that 20 million gap, the PS4 only has to outsell it by a ratio of 1.25:1, which is WAY lower than it's been outselling it since launch. So even if at the end of the generation, the Xbox 360 sells 80 million consoles, and the PS4 sells 100 million, then we can say it's dominating, even though it's technically outsold the Xbox One much, much slower than it has this year?

It also brings us back to the last thread you made. When you theorized that the reason the PS4 was selling more was because PS3 owners were more bored with their seventh gen consoles, and Xbox 360 owners were more satisfied. Kind of figure that's why you expect the Xbox One to catch up, you think all the Xbox owners are just so darned happy with their 360s, and all the PS3 owners are desperate for something new. Before I start picking at that, I'd just like to ask if that is still your position, or if you've since changed your mind about that.

I still hold that position, here is the thread I said that in for a quick reference: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189097&page=1

Yeah, but you never explained WHY Playstation users would be more bored than Xbox gamers. O.o The only guess I can think of is 'Xbox gamers mostly play Call of Duty and Halo multiplayer, and therefore don't really need to get new exclusives, because they don't play as many games.' I don't even think that's correct, but it's the only possible reason I can think someone might give.

Because you're right, it does boil down to games. And the Xbox 360's library of new, exclusive content dried up considerably during the last four years for anyone who doesn't partake in Kinect games. =P If it hadn't been for 4 PC ported titles, the number of non-Kinect Xbox exclusives since the Kinect came out wouldn't even hit double digits.
So, again; why are Playstation owners less satisfied with the PS3, when it's the 360 that had a lot less to satisfy with?

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

CGI-Quality said:
Jega said:
CGI-Quality said:

And you continue to avoid any explanation of how you expect this. It's already a 5 million unit gap. How will this happen? In what regions? With what price point/game(s)/strategies?

Here are some of my reasons, like I said I stated them before, in this thread and this one:http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189097&page=1

It's a broken record, though. And, beyond that, it probably won't come to pass.

I am just glad I somewhat answered your question.

Zanten said:
Jega said:
Zanten said:
Jega said:
Zanten said:

Okay, let's try this. Domination is a pretty... Vague term. 2:1 ratio is pretty dominant, but not as dominant as, say, the PS2 was. So, end of generation, what do you think the global gap between the two will be? What, for you, would dominance be?

If ps4 is the leader at the end of the generation, I see no more than a 10 million gap between the Ps4 and Xbox One.

.....and I consider a 20 million lead dominating not a 10 million lead.

But what if the Xbox One sells, say, a hundred million, and the PS4 a hundred and twenty? Are you saying that would be more dominant than if the Xbox One sold five million, and the PS4 sold twenty? The larger the install bases get, the less the 'gap' matters, which is why the current numbers are pretty worrisome for Microsoft. They're not just concerned that 'Oh, Sony sold five million more than us.' They're concerned that 'Shit, Sony's selling them twice as fast as us.'

But let's assume that the lower-end console, in this scenario the Xbox One, sells the same as the Xbox 360, 80 million. To reach that 20 million gap, the PS4 only has to outsell it by a ratio of 1.25:1, which is WAY lower than it's been outselling it since launch. So even if at the end of the generation, the Xbox 360 sells 80 million consoles, and the PS4 sells 100 million, then we can say it's dominating, even though it's technically outsold the Xbox One much, much slower than it has this year?

It also brings us back to the last thread you made. When you theorized that the reason the PS4 was selling more was because PS3 owners were more bored with their seventh gen consoles, and Xbox 360 owners were more satisfied. Kind of figure that's why you expect the Xbox One to catch up, you think all the Xbox owners are just so darned happy with their 360s, and all the PS3 owners are desperate for something new. Before I start picking at that, I'd just like to ask if that is still your position, or if you've since changed your mind about that.

I still hold that position, here is the thread I said that in for a quick reference: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189097&page=1

Yeah, but you never explained WHY Playstation users would be more bored than Xbox gamers. O.o The only guess I can think of is 'Xbox gamers mostly play Call of Duty and Halo multiplayer, and therefore don't really need to get new exclusives, because they don't play as many games.' I don't even think that's correct, but it's the only possible reason I can think someone might give.

Because you're right, it does boil down to games. And the Xbox 360's library of new, exclusive content dried up considerably during the last four years for anyone who doesn't partake in Kinect games. =P If it hadn't been for 4 PC ported titles, the number of non-Kinect Xbox exclusives since the Kinect came out wouldn't even hit double digits.
So, again; why are Playstation owners less satisfied with the PS3, when it's the 360 that had a lot less to satisfy with?

I based it of the library of exclusives coming out which is pretty dry in my opinion. So I figured ps3 owners wanted something new.

Based on the library I would have wanted something new, give me new games or a new system I say.

People say xbox 360 had no games that might have been true. But Microsoft is still showing support for the xbox 360 with games

like titan fall and forza horizon 2.

Around the Network
Jega said:
gabzjmm23 said:

no more than 10 million in US right?, WW it will be more than 10 million.  There's already 5 million without any price cut nor system seller to drive the console.

Angelv577 said:
Jega said:
gabzjmm23 said:

no more than 10 million in US right?, WW it will be more than 10 million.  There's already 5 million without any price cut nor system seller to drive the console.

I am talking about worldwide not US.

Jega said:
Angelv577 said:
Jega said:
gabzjmm23 said:

I am talking about worldwide not US.

You sir are going to be very dissapointed.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Angelv577 said:

> No system seller

>Watch Dogs

> InFamous

>Killzone

>Destiny

>Any Big Multiplat Game

>Bloodborne

>Order 1886

top kek

Inb4 goalposts moving and hasty downplaying

Jega said:
Zanten said:

I based it of the library of exclusives coming out which is pretty dry in my opinion. So I figured ps3 owners wanted something new.

Based on the library I would have wanted something new, give me new games or a new system I say.

People say xbox 360 had no games that might have been true. But Microsoft is still showing support for the xbox 360 with games

like titan fall and forza horizon 2.

Okay, the fact that you said 'might' have been true suggests you're not entirely on board with the idea that the Xbox 360 didn't have many exclusives. Allow me to provide evidence that it is, indeed, the case. ^^ Keep in mind, we will be excluding both Playstation Move Required and Kinect Required games, as well as Sony Wonderbook titles, as we're comparing core gamers here, and neither device gobbled up enough marketshare to be considered a very widespread or extensively adopted peripheral. And we will be including any games coming from PC, (which works to the 360's benefit, as they had more of them.)

Looking at games released from November 2013 onwards that aren't available on the competitor's console at any time, the PS3 had Gran Turismo 6, Drakengard 3, and The Witch and The Hundred Knights. I believe you mentioned the Xbox 360 had Titanfall and Forza Horizon 2, correct? I did a quick check, can't find any other Xbox 360 games released in the past year or so that weren't (even if eventually) on PS3, but feel free to point out any I missed. So right now, we have three PS3 exclusives, and two Xbox 360 exclusives. Not really a big difference.

But let's start backtracking a little.

From January 2013 to the release of the Xbox One, the Xbox 360 had 2 exclusives. The PS3 had 18.

In 2012, the Xbox 360 had 4 games. The PS3 had 21.

In 2011, the Xbox 360 had 5 games. The PS3 had 17.

So kinda hope you understand my incredulity about the idea of Xbox owners being more satisfied with the exclusives lineup. The 360 didn't have much of one for its latter third or so. =P And yet that didn't keep it from an overwhelming NPD win streak of over 30 months, did it? It's essentially why the console has the reputation of being a dudebro shooter box; first party Kinect-free contributions from Microsoft during that period of time consisted of a Fable port, four Shooter games, and two Racing games.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.