By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Mathematical Reason to why Mario Kart DLC Bundle is worth 11.99 US$

Do you think the DLC Bundle Price is worth it?

Yes 96 80.67%

No 11 9.24%

Yes for US maybe but not ... 4 3.36%

See Results 3 2.52%

Kappa 5 4.20%

Total:119

All content should have been part of the game from day one. If they do not release a complete version with all DLC included, I will not buy the game.

Around the Network
etking said:
All content should have been part of the game from day one. If they do not release a complete version with all DLC included, I will not buy the game.

You know that would have delayed the game for months, don't you?

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

JazzB1987 said:
t3mporary_126 said:

If you don't think 16 new courses for 11.99 US $ is a good deal (along with six characters and two more vehicles) then I'm happy to make you realize it can be with some math problems.

Normally Mario Kart 8 costs 59.99 US $ for 32 courses (16 Nitro and 16 Retro). If we calculate the cost per track, it would be around 1.8749 or $1.87 per track. However, if you pay 11.99 US $ for 16 more tracks, the cost per track now decreases to 1.4995 or 1.5 US $ per track. Of course the game will now cost $71.98 US $ (plus tax if you bought in store or get taxed for digital software in your state) but if you really want the most tracks in your game for a good price per track, you would want to buy the Mario Kart 8 dlc bundle for 11.99 US $.

Unfortunately, I'm not good with exchange rates for other currency so someone else will have to do a different thread for those.

Does this mathematical reason show why Mario Kart dlc bundle is a good deal?

Its obviously worth 12 bucks BUT you forget something.  The game does not only consist of tracks but also of an engine etc. The engine is done already and likely paid with the release of MK8 that engine should  not be considered in the pricing of something that comes later  IMO.

Developing an engine costs much more than just optimizing it or adding some little things to the game like new skybox new texture etc.

MK8 "dlc" is one of the best 3 ones available in terms of value but its not really DLC (in its current meaning.  In its original meaning it is tho)  even Nintendo calls it addons.

it is in no way 50% extra game for 12 bucks or well even 30% extra game for 12 bucks but its def worth 12 bucks.

The game engine amounts to very little in terms of the content gamers will experience when they get this DLC.  It all boils down to:

1. Before this DLC, you had access to a certain number of racers, which could race on a certain number of tracks.

2. After the DLC, you have access to a certain number of racers, which can race on 50% more of the tracks you could before.  You're adding 50% to the content of the game.

What you're talking about is the return on investment, while to the end user that is irrelevant.

Ninsect said:
well you're not only paying for the tracks when buying the game. You're also paying for the game itself.

True, but isn't the content what players most care about?

That's certainly an awesome deal! I haven't seen anyone say otherwise though.. :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
LazerGuy said:

In the UK the bundle costs £11 which is about $18 so it's not as good of a deal here but I'm still going to get it.

but the game itself costs £60 right? so is te same in the end

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
LazerGuy said:

In the UK the bundle costs £11 which is about $18 so it's not as good of a deal here but I'm still going to get it.

Officially its £49, but generally we pay £39 for new games.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

etking said:

The content wasn't ready for day 1. This is a great deal and Nintendo does an excellent job with DLC. If you feel so strongly about what you just said, then don't buy the game. Nobody cares. Most people think that MK8 is a great game and that the DLC deal is incredible.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

CladInShadows said:
You're getting 50% more game for 12 bucks. I don't see how it's not worth it.

While this is a good deal as far as DLC goes let's not overexaggerate.  You're not getting 50% more game you're getting 50% of one aspect of the game.  The driving mechanics, powerups, balancing of those things, and general engine for the game are already there.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Skidmore said:
EricFabian said:
LazerGuy said:

Officially its £49, but generally we pay £39 for new games.

oh, so yes. Is not a good deal in the end

Click HERE and be happy