By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Mathematical Reason to why Mario Kart DLC Bundle is worth 11.99 US$

Do you think the DLC Bundle Price is worth it?

Yes 96 80.67%

No 11 9.24%

Yes for US maybe but not ... 4 3.36%

See Results 3 2.52%

Kappa 5 4.20%

Total:119
platformmaster918 said:
CladInShadows said:
You're getting 50% more game for 12 bucks. I don't see how it's not worth it.

While this is a good deal as far as DLC goes let's not overexaggerate.  You're not getting 50% more game you're getting 50% of one aspect of the game.  The driving mechanics, powerups, balancing of those things, and general engine for the game are already there.

To the end user, you now have 50% more game to play.  Not sure why everyone's having a problem with this concept.  Sure I can see the powerups and maybe racers affecting this number.  But stuff like engine and game mechanics won't affect it.

All things being equal, if it took you 100 hours to master the game before, it will now take you 150 hours to master the game after DLC.

Around the Network

I think the people who doesn't have mk8 are the one who's saying its a bad deal.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I think it's a great deal, and I like the approach they took announcing the dlc. Instead of announcing it at or before launch (as many publishers do), they waited until Kart 8 was out and well established, which gave a couple of million users plenty of time to play the game, and then announced the dlc. This obviously isn't content that Nintendo held back from the main game, it's something extra that's priced reasonably and is quite exciting: non-Mario franchises coming to Mario Kart!

It's well priced, well communicated, and rarely for dlc, it seems well-intentioned on Nintendo's part. I don't doubt it's easy money for Nintendo, but they aren't using dlc to gouge their users.

Unless those 16 new courses included classic battle mode arenas, I would not be interested.

Vini256 said:
Well, here in Brazil the DLC is super worth it, after all, the game costs $100 here, so the DLC price compared to that is almost nothing =P

The situation is less bad around here.

Around the Network

mario-nintendo dlc are always a good deal to me

Switch!!!

It is definitely a great deal. Even for my fellow UK residents.

Lol @ etking. Thats some grade A misunderstanding how game development works....and is a entitled viewpoint.

I think that $20 price would be decent, price of $12 is very very good deal.

Remember guys, in the UK we have 20% VAT. So in addition to 16 new courses, we're also getting the NHS.

But OT, this is great value. I've not bought it yet, as I don't see the point of preordering digital products, but as soon as the content arrives I'll be buying both packs. How could you not.

Nintendo seems to really understand DLC in that it should be optional and reasonably priced. Even the Fire Emblem DLC that people whinged about was good; it didn't detract from the main game and it was cheap, if you fancied seeing your fave characters in swimwear, or fancied having an easy source of xp, then it was there, toehrwise, you could play the game without touching it and your experience would be none the worse for it.

2Ultra said:
Unless those 16 new courses included classic battle mode arenas, I would not be interested.

I am still buying the package, but I don't understand why they don't have a classic battle mode. Why Nintendo? Why?

I hope in future DLC releases, they will address this issue!