By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Super Smash Bros Wii U doesn't come out this Holiday, will it cripple the Wii U more?

Vena said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:

All I'm saying is that there's been LOTS more emphasis on 3DS Smash release and little on the Wii U's. What do we know about it? Will it have a story mode? New Features? The characters? Hell if it wasn't for the leak about 2 weeks ago we'd still be in the dark about it. Where as a game like Bayonetta is constantly being promoted and we find out new things about it every week.

Only thing we know about it is the  Gamecube controllers.

I'm not saying it's a certainty it will come out next year, just a strong possibility.

Its called release priority as well as user-base size. I hope you never go into marketting if you think their prioritizing the 3DS version, which is sooner to release by two months and on a bigger user base, is a bad. After the 3DS version launches they will have an entire two months of advertising time for the WiiU version. What reason would they have of doing any more than they already have now? Does it serve any purpose to supercede the 3DS ads with WiiU ads when one comes out months before the other? (Bayonetta releases in two weeks, and needs all the ads it can get to be a good venture for Nintendo.)

In the dark about it, about Smash WiiU? What? We've literally seen the game live and in action on multiple venues at this point. You'd only be dark about the game if you'd kept your eyes closed since and including E3. These are meaningless hyperboles.

I understand that it's release priority, but we've heard TONS of advertisement on all the other Wii U games besides Smash. Isn't that a little odd?

I used Bayonetta 2 as an example of a game that's we know a plethora of info about... We know it will have a co-op mode, it will be released with a special package in certain regions,  will include a version of the prequel for the Wii U, we have a Full trailer for the game, we know about the weapons, bosses, characters etc. it's all here...

http://nintendoeverything.com/bayonetta-2-details-cover-bosses-weapons-and-more/

Hence, we know little about Smashes characters, weapons, stages, game modes, its online social capabilities etc... All we have are some screenshots stringed together, and a few videos on some characters. And supposedly they are just a month apart. If a game if so complete like you say it is, why not inform us of it what's done already? Will it really hurt Smashes 3DS sales? They can still keep suspense up by telling us more about the stages,weapons, modes, etc. In fact I think it will sell smash more if they disclose this info. Unless it's not yet complete already and they don't know.

One possibility is that they are using mystery to hype the game up, and they want to keep it secret so the 3DS Smash will sell w/o ANY distractions. But this still doesn't add up. It will sell on the 3DS regardless of anything we know about it on Wii U. Hell, maybe if they tell us how having both Versions of the game would make your gaming experience better, it might even sell more.

I hope it comes out this year, I am a die hard Nintendo fan since the SNES days, but Nintendo has pulled crap like this before (Spaceworld 2000 Zelda Gamecube demo anyone?). I really hope a week or two after Smash 3ds is release we heard a plethora of info solely on the Wii U version. If not, they can kiss 2nd place in this gen GOODBYE!

Around the Network

Im thinking maybe summer/fall 2015

I hope it gets delayed, I will be having so much fun while boycotting Nintendo for treating us as second class gamers.

It will be disastrous if it gets delayed to next year, that's for sure.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

What worries me is both Watch Dogs and Sonic releasing Nov, 18th.

It would be too close to smash for their safe, unless they know something. But now i hope Smash comes Nov, 21.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:
Im thinking maybe summer/fall 2015

of course you do homie

Click HERE and be happy 

no way OP!

Watchdogs will save the wiiu.

You all are crazy thinking it wont come out this year after all we have seen. This is like Nintendo's Watch_Dogs. They were focusing on the 3DS version and once it is released they will shift focus fully onto Wii U. Sakurai said this himself. It is coming November for sure.

Well if it's delayed it's for a good reason... unlike other developers...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

LiquorandGunFun said:
no way OP!

Watchdogs will save the wiiu.

That interactive map is a game changer ...