By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The user reviews of Destiny are proof that Metacritic needs to go away

User reviews are bullcrap. People will give popular games shitty scores without even playing them for 15 minutes of fame.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

Metacritc doesn't have to go. The practice of displaying user scores in the same scale right next to actual critics as if they would carry the same weight has to go.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If they treat No Man's Sky... the same way i might have to...denial of service Metacritic...

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Metacritic user scores always were laughable.

Some of the reviews can be very funny though. Check out this 10/10 review for The Sims 4:

Fantastic! Every body, EA did that again! After the great success of reboot in Sim City, fans of simulation games are wondering what the next simulation title will be launched by EA. I can't imagine how bad the gaming industry will become if EA doesn't exist in this world. For starters, EA is currently one of the best simulation developers in the world, and in general it is the leader in trends of development of various games around the world.

Sim City has already drawn so much attention and become a legend of simulation games in modern era. Today, another legend has born, which is this wonderful game.

Sims 4 has significant improvement over its predecessor. It has an improved UI, which is more user friendly. Its graphic is superb and oustanding. On a technical side, the optimization is perfect, the game is running extremely smoothly. The game play elements also bring the simulation of life to a new level. It has a lot of elements added, and offers a great variety of game play choices for players. Also, it is very realistic, which is an outstanding life simulator.

All in all, the game has a lot of innovative and creative improvement, which is a must-have for all fans of simulation.

I am already looking forwards for more DLCs to come. Please do not release expansions again like the old-days, as this takes too much time for development. Fans want new contents as soon as possible. Developers, please try to release more and more DLCs on a weekly, or if possible, on a daily basis. Fans are eager to pay for more FUN! ;)

Every one, please join me to celebrate the great launch day of such fantastic title!

NiKKoM said:
No TurkishCritic?

His last review was over a year ago!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

reminds me of ryse: sone of rome

Never trust Metacritic user reviews. Absolute garbage.

Why is this suddenly news? You guys act as if this never happened in the past how many years..?

User reviews can stay, just cut the numbers. Simple.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I never looked at user reviews and when I look up for some reviews to read, always looks for sites I don't know anything about it, less popular sites. These sites normally tend to be less bias than popular sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc.