By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The user reviews of Destiny are proof that Metacritic needs to go away

that first one sophia something... men, that one alone just proves what the internet is yelling for ages, "Sony fans are the worse."

now on a more serious note... this ain't news at all. people are by nature, very stupid, evolution had been fighting that for millions and, stupidity, still here, damn difficult thing to kill. Games with high hype has Destiny build for it self will always have a bunch of haters. Will have much more if it ends to not be up in quality as hyped. don't like popcorn, i would be eating it if i did.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

People xD I'm more interested in the critics. Meta critics user ratings are always low cuz of idiots

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Considering how many user reviewers have just two scores, 10/10 or 0/10, the value of user score averages does diminish quite a bit, but comments accompanying the ratings usually aren't without merit, even if they don't match the scores given.

But yes, "This is the Best Game Ever! 10/10" or "This is the Worst Game Ever! 0/10" ratings do need to go away. Unfortunately Metacritic does not have a clever way of filtering these worthless assessments out of the mix yet.

I agree that it should just be a user comment section and not offer an option to score. No legit reviewing there and these people don't know what the hell a score of 0 or 10 even means.

4 ≈ One

Some of these trolls giving the game 0/10 could atleast do a better job!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
If they treat No Man's Sky... the same way i might have to...denial of service Metacritic...

You wouldn't do that.... would you?

Desperation drives us to do the unthinkable.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I never look at user reviews. Only the extremes go to rate the game on metacritic. People who really loved it and people who really hated it. And people will usually put their rating on in the first hour of playing the game. The quality of a game doesn't determine it's user review score, it's how much hype the game got. Games with a ton of hype almost always get lower ratings.

People like this can't be taken seriously but otherwise i find metacritic useful. It's nice to have the reviews (a little professional and user) in one place

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Those read more like a 6/10 or maybe 7/10, so if you take the mindless 10/10 into account the score actually kind of fi......... bahahahaahahah, I can't finish this. Maybe if everyone were completely honest with their critique you could use the "Even Out" logic, but this right now is just trolling

kinisking said:
People xD I'm more interested in the critics. Meta critics user ratings are always low cuz of idiots

"Reviewing the reviewers" has been essential since user based reviews became commonplace. 

It also applies to paid for reviewers; you really have to have reviewers whose opinions you trust rather than looking at index score reviews these days.