By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Today's Apple iPhone event is important for gaming, and more bad news for Nintendo

Euphoria14 said:

Hard to tell on these forums with all the ridiculous elitism and mobile gaming hate.

It would also be impossible to tell sarcasm from non-sarcasm in your post. If it was indeed meant to come off as sarcasm then it was poorly done. This is why most people end with a or /s. So to prevent misunderstanding like this next time I suggest making it somewhat obvious. Just a suggestion.

Using emoticons brings me back to my early days on the Chartz. I'd rather not that happen.

I most definitely wasn't serious, though. In the other thread about the iPhone 6 I was defending it and even said I would get it. I currently have an iPhone 5 now. (I edited my post before this to reflect that it might be hard to sense sarcasm, seems I was too slow.)

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Euphoria14 said:

Hard to tell on these forums with all the ridiculous elitism and mobile gaming hate.

It would also be impossible to tell sarcasm from non-sarcasm in your post. If it was indeed meant to come off as sarcasm then it was poorly done. This is why most people end with a or /s. So to prevent misunderstanding like this next time I suggest making it somewhat obvious. Just a suggestion.

Using emoticons brings me back to my early days on the Chartz. I'd rather not that happen.

I most definitely wasn't serious, though. In the other thread about the iPhone 6 I was defending it and even said I would get it. I currently have an iPhone 5 now. (I edited my post before this to reflect that it might be hard to sense sarcasm, seems I was too slow.)

Then use /s. If not then misunderstandings will continue.

Glad to know your post wasn't serious though. This place is very unwelcoming for anyone who actually enjoys gaming on a smartphone. To be completely honest, in regards to trying to discuss or report mobile gaming news, this place is a cesspool.

It is why I frequent VGC less than I did before and now spend a ton of time on GAF.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

OH BOY IMA GONNA SPEND 600$ ON A PHONE WITH A CRAP BATTERY SO I CAN PLAY SOME SH!T MOBILE GAME I PAYED 0.99$ FOR
Srsly though, the gaming I EVER do on my phone is with emulators of console I don't have
Oh well another Nintendo doooom article its the internet you can't stop em :/

Euphoria14 said:

Other genres may be born too.

I love JRPG too and they work so unbelievably well on smartphones, so I am happy about that.

Other than that I agree with much of what you said.

I won't lie; I'm hoping that this can happen, and I really hope we end up with something truly amazing, but I wonder if anyone can actually visualise this right now. Everything is so derivative that we might just end up with microgenres (more on this fracturing of genres from a music perspective).

I must admit I have yet to try a mobile JRPG, because I am still waiting for a definitive version of ActRaiser or a localised Bahamut Lagoon to happen. I'm so patrician, it HURTS.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Pfffft.

I've said this many times.

Mobile phone gaming is like fast food.

Cheap, enjoyable in small doses, shit.

Why eat a happy meal when I could dine on s steak?

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network
wick said:
Pfffft.

I've said this many times.

Mobile phone gaming is like fast food.

Cheap, enjoyable in small doses, shit.

Why eat a happy meal when I could dine on s steak?

Because analogies are the happy meals of logic.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I always love articles about how many "Phones" are sold each quarter and compared to gaming consoles.

Like those 35 million iphones sold in one quarter are ALL NEW consumers and not for the most part people who are just upgrading from a prior Iphone.

Wondet what would happen if The New 3DS had a simple card slot.....

ExplodingBlock said:
OH BOY IMA GONNA SPEND 600$ ON A PHONE WITH A CRAP BATTERY SO I CAN PLAY SOME SH!T MOBILE GAME I PAYED 0.99$ FOR

Come down from your high horse, the battery life of the 3DS ain't better than the battery life of most smartphones when playing similar games.

XanderXT said:
Wondet what would happen if The New 3DS had a simple card slot.....

We'd all be talking about how we could have over 128Gb of storage for little more than 60 English Dollaria, but I guess we can't boast about forwards compatibility.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3