By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Today's Apple iPhone event is important for gaming, and more bad news for Nintendo

Euphoria14 said:
eva01beserk said:
I wonder how many kids who really like gaming will go for an $600-$800 phone to play angry birds, or a $130 3ds to play real games. This is something that they have to get clear, they are not gamers, a real gamer will not play games on a phone unless is for like 5min. So anyone who really wants to play games will always opt in for a dedicated gaming console.

What a disgustingly elitist post. 

Oh yeah, iPhone doesn't cost $600-$800. Buy with contract costs $200 and unlike the 3DS you don't get charged $30+ for a game.

It has better online too w/ friend challenges, achievements, friend lists, high scores, etc... via Gamecenter. Games are priced better too. Squids costs less on iOS (1/3rd the price), Ace Attorney Trilogy HD costs less on iOS (Half the price).

So stay elitist and enjoy being left behind as the rest of the world moves forward. No amount of your terrible attitude will change it.

Not even with a contract is the iphone 6 going to cost $200. DOnt kid yourself.

Dont know about ace atorny, but the rest are a bunch of shovelware that you can find anywhere. Why dont you mention a game like The world ends with you, that last time I chekd it cost $20. Because they will always charge the same for quality games that play similar on the other devices. I saw another post you mentioned some jrpgs you had, wich where all old as hell and would never charge a lot for that, since they can be hacked and goten for free, although that means nothing since dedicated consoles also get hack.

Do you really think big publishers will release big games and sell them for $5 dollars on iphones? No. They will releaae old ports and shovelware. I cant find the study that said people dont like paying more than $10 on a game on phones or tablets. And the majority of games that sell well dont cost even $5. That means that for them to breach the market they will have to make games tha will sell for $5 and will have to sell more then 8 times then what they sell on 3ds to be sucsesfull. Considering that most people that play gammes on phones dont really care for story, or anything important since they play 5min at a time they will only play little games that dont cost much to make and are awfull to someone that came from a console and knows what a real game is. Thas the reason why ports sell for so chap on phones, cuz people dont pay for them, so publishers port really old games that are done and wont cost them to develope just port.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

I feel like the next Nintendo (Fusion) portable will be quite powerful shifting away from the DS/Wii era design philosophies, without breaking the bank per se.

They will drop the second screen/3D screen elements of the 3DS to save money/costs and invest in a better quality single screen setup, but that will give them adequate budget to really go with a powerful mobile GPU/CPU I think that will scale down in cost quickly.

It will be powerful enough to handle Wii U ports, maybe even XB1/PS4 ports depending on the game (scaled down at a much lower resolution of course, maybe 960x540 at 30 fps).

I could see things like Kingdom Hearts III, maybe even Final Fantasy XV getting a Fusion release as such.

That Tegra K1 tablet is $299.99 today, by spring 2016 something like that will be pretty outdated. 

Such a system should do very well in Japan, well in North America, and decent in Europe, but Nintendo needs to make sure it launches with an incredible launch lineup. Mario Galaxy 3 and the next Animal Crossing should be moved over to it, wasting them on Wii U is a losing cause. 

If you could launch day 1 with Animal Crossing and then have Mario Galaxy 3 say two months post launch that would rectify the big problems with 3DS and Wii U launches had (post lanch lull). 

eva01beserk said:
Euphoria14 said:
eva01beserk said:
I wonder how many kids who really like gaming will go for an $600-$800 phone to play angry birds, or a $130 3ds to play real games. This is something that they have to get clear, they are not gamers, a real gamer will not play games on a phone unless is for like 5min. So anyone who really wants to play games will always opt in for a dedicated gaming console.

Oh yeah, iPhone doesn't cost $600-$800. Buy with contract costs $200 and unlike the 3DS you don't get charged $30+ for a game.

It has better online too w/ friend challenges, achievements, friend lists, high scores, etc... via Gamecenter. Games are priced better too. Squids costs less on iOS (1/3rd the price), Ace Attorney Trilogy HD costs less on iOS (Half the price).

So stay elitist and enjoy being left behind as the rest of the world moves forward. No amount of your terrible attitude will change it.

Dont know about ace atorny, but the rest are a bunch of shovelware that you can find anywhere. Why dont you mention a game like The world ends with you, that last time I chekd it cost $20. Because they will always charge the same for quality games that play similar on the other devices. I saw another post you mentioned some jrpgs you had, wich where all old as hell and would never charge a lot for that, since they can be hacked and goten for free, although that means nothing since dedicated consoles also get hack.

Do you really think big publishers will release big games and sell them for $5 dollars on iphones? No. They will releaae old ports and shovelware. I cant find the study that said people dont like paying more than $10 on a game on phones or tablets. And the majority of games that sell well dont cost even $5. That means that for them to breach the market they will have to make games tha will sell for $5 and will have to sell more then 8 times then what they sell on 3ds to be sucsesfull. Considering that most people that play gammes on phones dont really care for story, or anything important since they play 5min at a time they will only play little games that dont cost much to make and are awfull to someone that came from a console and knows what a real game is. Thas the reason why ports sell for so chap on phones, cuz people dont pay for them, so publishers port really old games that are done and wont cost them to develope just port.

You are full of misinformation.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone6

Don't try to tell me what iPhone will sell for. I own one and am buying this one too. I know what the cost will be as they announced it today and it is the same price it has always been.

Not even going to bother with the rest of your post. You can talk shit all you want and continue to spread the FUD, iOS is still a fantastic gaming device with great games, but go ahead and think everything is either old or a flappy bird clone. S-E also has little issue selling games for $15+. It sells if the quality is there. Also if a game sells for cheap it can still make money through IAP and/or ad banners.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
eva01beserk said:
Euphoria14 said:

You are full of misinformation.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone6

Don't try to tell me what iPhone will sell for. I own one and am buying this one too. I know what the cost will be as they announced it today and it is the same price it has always been.

Not even going to bother with the rest of your post. You can talk shit all you want and continue to spread the FUD, iOS is still a fantastic gaming device with great games, but go ahead and think everything is either old or a flappy bird clone. S-E also has little issue selling games for $15+. It sells if the quality is there. Also if a game sells for cheap it can still make money through IAP and/or ad banners.

Well why dint you mention it before? Theres nothing I like more than being interupted in the midle of a game to buy some other games, microtransactions, adds, asking donations, future plans and other amacing game chnaging propaganda.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

iOS is still a fantastic gaming device with great games,

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it but don't try to pass that off as fact. Especially on a gaming site.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network
wick said:

iOS is still a fantastic gaming device with great games,

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it but don't try to pass that off as fact. Especially on a gaming site.

Same goes for you calling the games "Cheap, enjoyable in small doses, shit".

Metacritic also agrees with me too. Unless we have some excuse for why they don't count there.

I guess Dragon Quest IV, VIII, Final Fantasy III, IV, V, VI, Tactics, TWEWY, Chaos Rings, Hearthstone, Plants vs Zombies 2, Sorcery, Bastion, etc... aren't great games based on fact. Unless they automatically and may I say "magically" go from great to "shit" when they leave DS/3DS and go to iOS.

Judging by this site, I am sure I know the answer. No big deal though. I know good games when I play them. Been gaming since the 80's.

By the way, I have a fairly long list of real good games on iOS already and the developer support grows each year.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

eva01beserk said:

Well why dint you mention it before? Theres nothing I like more than being interupted in the midle of a game to buy some other games, microtransactions, adds, asking donations, future plans and other amacing game chnaging propaganda.

I said banners, meaning the small little ad on the very bottom on the screen that does not block your view what so ever.

None of my games use them by the way. I pay to remove them. Usually costs $.99.

Nice to see you ignore my link though. Guess it's tough to admit you were wrong huh?

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
eva01beserk said:

I said banners, meaning the small little ad on the very bottom on the screen that does not block your view what so ever.

Nice to see you ignore my link though. Guess it's tough to admit you were wrong huh?

Tough? Ill tell you if it happens, probably wont bother me much.

I told you on another thread about the minimun wage thing, it ok if you dont remember me. But I told you, I used to work for sprint customer service. So I know what "starting from" means. That the highest plan available for the least expensive company for 2 years gets you that price. I remember how they made me memorize the best plan and the competitors so I can use it to get them to switch. Since it was last year that I worked  there the price was $110 for unlimited everything. And a cheaper one if you got friends or family wich was called unlimited my way. Does paying that much money a month really saves you alot of money? Thas 3 brand new games on a 3ds, or a bunch of ds games, or an insane amount of virtual consoles and they are all real games with better gameplay, story, graphics and its just one month. Imagine what you could do with 2 months worth of it. Thas like what I spend on gaming a year, real games, or new games when you compare it to ancient ports.

eva01beserk said:
Euphoria14 said:
eva01beserk said:

Tough? Ill tell you if it happens, probably wont bother me much.

I told you on another thread about the minimun wage thing, it ok if you dont remember me. But I told you, I used to work for sprint customer service. So I know what "starting from" means. That the highest plan available for the least expensive company for 2 years gets you that price. I remember how they made me memorize the best plan and the competitors so I can use it to get them to switch. Since it was last year that I worked  there the price was $110 for unlimited everything. And a cheaper one if you got friends or family wich was called unlimited my way. Does paying that much money a month really saves you alot of money? Thas 3 brand new games on a 3ds, or a bunch of ds games, or an insane amount of virtual consoles and they are all real games with better gameplay, story, graphics and its just one month. Imagine what you could do with 2 months worth of it. Thas like what I spend on gaming a year, real games, or new games when you compare it to ancient ports.

You're full of it again and i'll tell you why. I have AT&T, got an iPhone 4S and Galaxy S3. I have the cheapest plan possible which is $49.99, then I add data and all the other garbage I want. I paid $199 for each phone. Now, if they initially sign you up for a more expensive plan you can bump it down afterwards, although they ask you right then and there what plan package you wish to sign up for. 2-year contract does not negate you from being able to customize your plan afterwards. I get 2 phones w/ unlimited text, 6GB data and more minutes than I know what to do with and it costs me $140/month (Just paid my bill yesterday actually, it was $143.06 to be exact) . $110/month for one phone is a joke.

Don't bother responding unless you wish to stop with the false claims. I have multiple friends who work for AT&T, not to mention I have been a customer for over a decade. I know full well how the contracts and prices work. Maybe Sprint is just terrible. I have a couple of guys at work who use Sprint and they don't seem like fans of it, but they stick with it for some reason because they worry about being grandfathered in with unlimited data. You don't need to sign up for the most expensive plan to get the $199 price, lol. The "starting from" in the iPhone 6's case is because the 16GB is $199, 64GB is $299 and the 128GB is $399.

I am going to renew my contract and get 2x iPhone 6 next week on Friday and it will cost me $399.98 + tax and activation, just like it always has been. Plus I will have that cheap plan, which they don't advertise in store. You need to call up and ask about it.

I'm not a dumb customer. I know what i'm doing.

Currently playing:

If you are really into the complex and demanding, esp fast paced, twitch, games then touch screens simply don't cut it. I think phones are a gateway device for gaming. Lots of people will be satisfied with the limited gaming capability that touch screens can provide, but many people will not be satisfied and will want the greater sophistication, depth, range and subtlety that buttons and analog sticks can provide.

It does mean, however, that there is little incentive for casual bejeweled, temple run etc type gamers to buy a handheld console ever. If all they want is something to amuse themselves on the subway or in the loo then all they need, and all they'll get, is a phone, Apple or Android doesn't matter. And that's why any announcement of a new iPhone is largely irrelevant to gaming because there is far more to smartphone's effect on the casual end of gaming than the annual Apple upgrade.

So the handheld market is smaller now han it was, but it will be pretty stable long term, because there will always be enough people wanting what handheld consoles can only deliver.

PS Now on the Z3, with DS4 (or purpose built attachment that is less cumbersome than DS4), I think is more of a threat to dedicated handheld consoles than any iPhone. Esp if that gets extended to any sufficiently powerful Android phone (Galaxy S6/7, HTC, LG). Sony won't care as long as they get their PS subs the hardware on which the games are played won't matter to them. I could see them making a Vita "skeleton" that allows different sized phones to be slotted in to where the Vita screen would normally be.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix