By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Review Thread - 77 meta

I can't wait to see Polygon Xbone, and PS4 Destiny review.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
I can't wait to see Polygon Xbone, and PS4 Destiny review.

Do they normally review a game on more than one platform?

PS4 has better graphics confirmed...

Go to twitch and you find literally every site playing it, I was following gametrailers pretty funny with Kyle playing it :).

NavyNut said:

Uhh, what?

Around the Network
celador said:
bananaking21 said:
celador said:
bananaking21 said:

if you are talking about quarter to three, then yeah, those whores are nothing but click baiting bitches. i have NO idea how metacritic even takes their scores. 

Infamous two stars.  Super Mario 3D World three stars.  Yup

I think I am right in saying that Metacritic weight publications differently depending on some criteria.  I would imagine that Quarter to Three are at the bottom of the pile in that respect

they still use them as a publication, which is shit. i once posted on article here written by a site that says a 1080p update might come to the xb1. that right now xb1 just has a 720p and 4k output, but a 1080p might be coming, which will put it in a position to best the ps4 which has just 1080p and 720p, but no 4k, which also might come into an update. but of course, that we should take this with a grain of salt, because its just a rumor. 

metacritic takes that websites review score. which is laughable. metacritic is a shitty way to base a quality of a product. 

Lol, that's incredible.

As for metacritic, I have mixed feelings about it.  I think it is good on the lower level scores, as in if a game gets crap reviews across the board and has a meta of 45 I know there is no reason to bother with it.  The higher the score goes the more murky it becomes, and you have to use your own judgement more.  

Marvel Heroes got 58% meta (with the 2015 update its now got 81%) yet ive now put in over 1645 hours playing it, just because a bunch of reviewers don't like a game does not instantly mean the game is crap, another game that got a low score was Mad Tracks, one reviewer gave it just 30%, the total critic score was just 62% yet the user score was 8.3/10, you can use review scores as a guide sure but just cause a game gets a low critic score does not mean there is no need to bother with it, yes there are crap games out there but with most reviewer becoming biased to a certain franchise of genre some games will just recieve low scores regardless of how good or unique they are.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

NavyNut said:

stating what everone has known since both consoles were unvieled last year before E3.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
celador said:

Lol, that's incredible.

As for metacritic, I have mixed feelings about it.  I think it is good on the lower level scores, as in if a game gets crap reviews across the board and has a meta of 45 I know there is no reason to bother with it.  The higher the score goes the more murky it becomes, and you have to use your own judgement more.  

Marvel Heroes got 58% meta (with the 2015 update its now got 81%) yet ive now put in over 1645 hours playing it, just because a bunch of reviewers don't like a game does not instantly mean the game is crap, another game that got a low score was Mad Tracks, one reviewer gave it just 30%, the total critic score was just 62% yet the user score was 8.3/10, you can use review scores as a guide sure but just cause a game gets a low critic score does not mean there is no need to bother with it, yes there are crap games out there but with most reviewer becoming biased to a certain franchise of genre some games will just recieve low scores regardless of how good or unique they are.

I'm sure there are games with low scores that are well worth playing, but there are so many other games to play I don't know whether I would personally ever try them out unless they were on sale.  

r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
NavyNut said:

stating what everone has known since both consoles were unvieled last year before E3.

:D

Still hoping for a 90+ but my expectations have dropped to it getting mid 80's to high 80's (85-89)