By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DQ Producer: Dragon Quest XI will see some sort of western release

Speaking of the North American market, do you think we’ll see Dragon Quest XI come to the West?

[Miyake] We’re pretty sure that Dragon Quest XI will see some sort of western release. We would have loved to have released X as well, but in that case because it’s an MMO the operation part of it is very difficult to manage between regions. But yes, we’re hoping XI will be available in the western regions.

Dragon Quest began as a console based series, and has since gone on to appear handhelds and now the mobile platforms. Where do you personally feel the series is most at home?

[Miyake] So the concept of where or what platform Dragon Quest lies is actually based more on the fact that we’d like Dragon Quest to be played by as many people as possible, so we’d put it on the most popular platform of its time. Nowadays people are sort of scattering to different devices, and we want to branch out to those platforms as well. So it’s not a concept of what singular console or platform the series is most at home on, but that we want to go to the people.

The Dragon Quest series has had such a wonderful relationship with Nintendo in the past, but in the current climate do you think you’ll have to look elsewhere to bring the next game?

[Miyake] The potential is definitely there to look into other platforms, like for example Dragon Quest VIII was on the PlayStation 2 originally. There’s always opportunities, so we’d like to keep an open mind.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/09/06/dragon-quest-producers-talk-nintendo-mobile-whats-next-for-series/102483/

Around the Network

Smells like PS4 version to me.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

"some sort"? What the hell kind of answer is that?! That wording concerns me actually...

I know Square Enix is not a very bright company, but not localizing DQXI would be way too much even for SE standards!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Dragon Quest always goes to the next big console. The next big console just happened to be portable last gen. This gen it's the PS4. Yes, Japan is very handheld oriented now days, but Japan will follow wherever their favorite series go, handheld or console, the western world won't, so putting it back on console will get them a lot more sales.

Around the Network

Go Mobile Release!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

YES! Dragon Quest XI will be for PS4 and it's coming here. There's nothing else that could make me happier right now. I really didn't care about DQX anyway. The monsters games and VII kinda ticked me off but I can get by knowing that this game, first HD traditional style DQ, will be mine.

Could become a multiplat.

I would personally release DQXI on the 3DS and then DQXII on the PS4.

StarOcean said:
"some sort"? What the hell kind of answer is that?! That wording concerns me actually...

Probably psn only version might get released.