By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

Conegamer said:

One of my role powers means I wasn't around last night to be attacked, but people could still try. Theprof00 claims to know something and this is the only thing I can think of, but he couldn't find me.

If it ain't that, then I've no clue. It's the only possibility I could think of, but that would make him scum ofcourse. 

Depending on his role, he may not have necessarily attacked you.

Around the Network
padib said:
Mr Khan said:
TruckOSaurus said:
padib said:

I've already shared so much. You basically know everything about my character except its name and 3rd skill. Anyway, my character is Alexei Stukov, I'm an infested terran who was released from the control of the overmind and am on the planet as aid to the terran base being seiged by the protoss who are under the leadership of some dude named Amon. I'm paraphrasing but that's the flavor I got. I don't know anything about the ghosts.

@bold. Then I invite the tracker to watch me tonight. I am not the nuker. I have skills that are not Ghost skills and that can be checked. I have and continue to invite your side to follow my game. At any given time between toDay and day 5 I will have performed a variety of night actions that can be checked against.

I'll be responding to your post in two parts since it's two separate subjects.

Your character does fit with the hints you mentionned earlier but I'm still very uneasy about your whole story. 

First, you're the only one thus far who's a character rather than a unit. 

Second, your role is very flavor heavy. I find it odd that WoW would feed you with a backstory and the identity of our attackers.

Third, if your Psionic Blast targets all Protoss wouldn't a tracker following you return with nothing since you don't actively target anyone?

Finally, even if your ability does take away Protoss shields on Night 3 the next time we'll be able to test you out is on Night 4 a.k.a. the last Night before we all die.

Now i understand why it was such a good idea to kill you quickly last time. You're good at this.

Tonight someone will track me, either that or you will see the results of my night actions in the killings. You will understand that I can attack units and am somewhat powerful in combination with my skills. At that point you will undertand that I would have killed him a long time ago if I were on the other side of the game. By toMorrow this idea that I am a Ghost and that I cannot attack at night will be thoroughly discarded.

(Not to take away from his mafia skills in any way, I agree Trucks is awesome )

It better or I will personnaly kill you.

padib said:
@Trucks. For point 4, I misread it, then read it right, then when I answered it I returned to my first interpretation. The shield blast happens toNight and I will be attacking as well so a tracker would know toMorrow if all is in order. That should settle this point.

So your ability from last Night will be triggered and you will be attacking also? Did I get that right?

Signature goes here!

padib said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Wright does seem to have a focus on the Nuker and the whole incident about non-Terran = scum with Carl does point to him being apart from the rest of town. He's a likely candidate, after you.

One thing, I know for sure is that toDay I want to focus on finding the Nuker. I will not believe that we weren't given tools to find this guy because asking us to find a lone Ghost in 4 Days in a 17 players game, is just not balanced. Right now, I can't shake the feeling that your that guy but I'm willing to look at other options.

I just don't understand underlined. You suspect me over Wright because I've fully revealed nearly absolutely everything about my character, except my only unused skill, while Wright has yet offered nothing.

Seems fair.

Wright has the whole PM situation playing in his favor, you while very open (which I am thankful for) have a story so convoluted it makes it hard for me to believe it. I'm currently wrestling between pushing hard for your lynch toDay or letting you live to prove yourself toNight.

Signature goes here!

Carl2291 said:
Conegamer said:

One of my role powers means I wasn't around last night to be attacked, but people could still try. Theprof00 claims to know something and this is the only thing I can think of, but he couldn't find me.

If it ain't that, then I've no clue. It's the only possibility I could think of, but that would make him scum ofcourse. 

Depending on his role, he may not have necessarily attacked you.

Quite possibly, but it's all I can think of.

Do you have any other ideas maybe, or is theprof00 just winding me up?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

Quite possibly, but it's all I can think of.

Do you have any other ideas maybe, or is theprof00 just winding me up?

He could have scanned you and seen that you went to visit TruckOSaurus.

He could have scanned you and got a "Zerg" or a "Protoss" answer.

He could have been fucking with you.

Lots of possibilities. Those are just a few.

Spurge, show yourself. Time to see what you really think/are.

Radish, you too.

Wright said:

Spurge, show yourself. Time to see what you really think/are.

Radish, you too.

I second that. Now do it.

padib said:
Wright said:
padib said:

Thanks Wright, this alleviates my suspicion of you a lot. My notes in underlined.

I'd like to hear more of prof on the matter, but to be honest, I don't even know where to start drilling. He doesn't seem to be here now, also. I asked him about why voting Cone back then, but he didn't reply.

I'll give you some of my thoughts.

• Last game prof was wrong on every vote he placed. Suddenly in this game, he gets every vote right. He was in japan. Was it his intuitive skills that suddenly flared while he was in Japan, with barely the time to read the thread? For example, he didn't know after all this time and many repeats that I was in a second town faction.
  • His playstyle is much more careful than any other game I've played with him. I can understand him wanting to change pace and him being in Japan, but it is still a valid observation.
  • Both Nickels and Hylian were murdered on Night 1, after humiliating prof last game. prof swore to get back at them end of last game.
  • prof was quick to suppose that people who had voted for Nickles on day 1 were possibly mafia. Doesn't that sound just too convenient? Kill a player, player flips town, then point at anyone who voted for said player.

Or perhap's he's just self-moderating his own playstyle due to how unpopular it proved with us newbies last game?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

(1) Conegamer - theprof00
(1) impertinence - WhiteEaglePL
(1) Wright - padib

(10) Not Voting - Carl2291, Conegamer, EricFabian, impertinence, Mr Khan, radishhead, spurgeonryan, TruckOSaurus, Wright, Wonktonodi

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Countdown to Night 3: http://itsalmo.st/#night3

Please PM Words of Wisdom or myself if there's an issue with the vote count.