By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why isn't Israel heavily sanctioned? (Double Standards!)

mai said:

I hope you did before commenting? I promise to read yours thouroughly if you come up with smth.

Fine then.

ISRAEL vs PALESTINE

Israel doesn't have a moral right to be there. They came and pronounced the land to be theirs. So I complezely understand where the Palestinians come from.

But then I still support Israel and most of the world does, too. Why? Because people in the west subscribe to Christian or humanist morality systems and these clearly identify the Palestinians as evil. They use human shields, they commit atriocities, they carry out and condone terrorist attacks. Even though initially they were in the right, they are clearly a threat to all non-Muslim people on this planet and it is in our best interest to support their enemies, no matter if they're right or wrong.

It's that simple. Either you support the Palestinens because they're losingthe land that's rightfully theirs or you support Israel because they're a vestige of civilization surrounded by a monstrous and bloodthirsty culture.

RUSSIA vs UKRAINE

Russia and their allies say: Righfully elected Ukrainian leader V. Yanukovych has been deposed by an illegal coup and replaced by enemies of democracy and Nazis. We must protect our compatriots living in Ukraine against persecution, therefore we send soldiers there. Oh and also, Crymea wanted to join us. Really, guys!

Ukraine and their allies say: V. Yanukovych, known for forging election results and being a Putin's puppet, doing what Kremlin wants even to the detriment of the Ukrainian people, has been deposed in an uprising by heroic protesters, so the Ukrainian people can move to restore freedom and democracy in the conutry and to integrate with the EU... unless the Russians invade their sovereign territory... oops. And yeah, people in Crymea voted to join Russia... when they had Russian rifles aiming at their heads.

I subscribe to the latter version, personally. But honestly, I'm not even very mad at Russia. They are not acting outright evil, they're just acting like a superpower. I assure you, if an anti-American regime overthrew the Mexican government, US marines would be marching in the streets of Mexico City "liberating" people in several hours, too. That's just how it goes. If you have a strong military, you can do basically whatever you want.

Satisfied?

Around the Network

You guys need to understand that the terrorist group in Palestine is just that, a group. You can't label an entire religion a terrorist otherwise you'd have to put in account all the bad things other religions and nations have done to others..

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
You guys need to understand that the terrorist group in Palestine is just that, a group. You can't label an entire religion a terrorist otherwise you'd have to put in account all the bad things other religions and nations have done to others..

But the people of Palestine are hostile towards the jews as well. They throw rocks!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Kyuu said:

LOL I'm pretty sure there is more to it than that. But claiming the entire culture surrounding Israel is monstrous and bloodthirsty is ignorant and pathetic.

From our perspective, it is. Maybe political correctness mandates claiming all cultures are equal and stuff, but... hey, I'm not big on being PC anyway.

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

But the people of Palestine are hostile towards the jews as well. They throw rocks!

Wouldn't you if a neighboring country invaded yours and occupied your territory and then went on to surpress you? I'd be throwing rocks as well! Neither side is "gooder" or "eviler" than the other in this conflict.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Unless you're joking.. there's a bit of a difference between an Israeli soldier illegally roaming Palestinian lands, and an israeli civilian minding his own business.

But go on.. keep misinforming people with your bullshit.

How is he misinforming anyone? They don't throw rocks? As far as I'm concerned, he left his comment open to interpretation. Unlike you. Or me.

Psychotic said:

ISRAEL vs PALESTINE

Israel doesn't have a moral right to be there. They came and pronounced the land to be theirs. So I complezely understand where the Palestinians come from.

But then I still support Israel and most of the world does, too. Why? Because people in the west subscribe to Christian or humanist morality systems and these clearly identify the Palestinians as evil. They use human shields, they commit atriocities, they carry out and condone terrorist attacks. Even though initially they were in the right, they are clearly a threat to all non-Muslim people on this planet and it is in our best interest to support their enemies, no matter if they're right or wrong.

It's that simple. Either you support the Palestinens because they're losingthe land that's rightfully theirs or you support Israel because they're a vestige of civilization surrounded by a monstrous and bloodthirsty culture.

Should have warned you beforhand probably, that I'm not an expert on Israel vs Palestine affairs, so doubt I could offer you anything but generalized opinion on the matter rather than real understanding. Nevertheless, a few words: a) I don't view the situation in such kulturtrager'istic way like you: civilized world vs barbarians -- partially because I'm not alien to Muslim ancestry, partly because I'm not really a fan of "civilized world" in general and its deeds; b) Israel does have moral right to be here, they just way outreached the lands, which they have all not only moral but legal rights to be on as per resolution 181 if we rewind back to the very beginning, even though Arab Legaue at the time were doing more or less the same, it just lost the conflict; c) with that being said I doubt resolution 181 is a realisitc option, so compromise lies somewhere at Green Line if it even exists.

Will address another part later...

The big difference is that Israel has been under attack ever since its creation in 1948, and Russia hasn't been attacked by Ukraine but invaded anyways.

The Israel-Palestine conflict is a whole lot messier and more complicated than the Ukraine crisis, and that's mostly because it's a lot older of a conflict.

I've seen a lot of misinformation in this thread it's pretty scary.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Thread has run its course and people are getting too emotional.

Locking it up before people end up getting themselves banned for something stupid.

Kyuu said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Unless you're joking.. there's a bit of a difference between an Israeli soldier illegally roaming Palestinian lands, and an israeli civilian minding his own business.

But go on.. keep misinforming people with your bullshit.

Go to 12:20 in this video... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1eph4q_bbc-louis-theroux-ultra-zionists-pdtv-xvid_tech

I expect an apology and thank me for informing you.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)