By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why isn't Israel heavily sanctioned? (Double Standards!)

Kratos said:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1eph4q_bbc-louis-theroux-ultra-zionists-pdtv-xvid_tech

I recommend people to watch this documentary from Louis Theroux. People who pretend that Israel only consists of saints are dead wrong.

Im not condoning Hamas or hating on Israel. Im just saying that both sides have extremists and both sides are to blame for what is happening in Gaza. The real victims here are the innocent civilians from Israel and gaza.

This basically. While I'll support Israel and Ukraine in their wars, they themselves are far from saints as well.

Around the Network

Hypocrisy and double standards is, and has always been, one of the "the west"'s most characteristic properties.

As Samuel Huntington is explaining in his well-known book "Clash of civilizations", these properties are inevitable side-effects of "universalistic principles" (like believing that "western style" democracy, human rights etc. would ultimately be the best for everyone).

As Huntington further explaines, these fatal universalistic attitudes are based on the west's cultural religious background, christianity, with it's inherent deep belief in some kind of the "divine" right to (christian) mission, of forcing one's own beliefs etc. onto others, even by force.

That, by the way, is also the main reason why Huntington predicted upcoming conflicts especially between christian and islamic cultures: Because both religions are very similarly extremistic in their universalistic attitudes, in their belief of having the superior system/ideology, and their belief in a kind of "right" to force it onto others.

Didn't Israel offer Hamas many opportunity for a ceasefire and yet Hamas keeps refusing it? And AFAIK Israel is doing the knock on the roof thing to give people inside the building 5-10mns window to escape, +phone calls and leaflets as a warning to leave the area... They didn't have to go to all that trouble if they just wanted to eradicate the local populace.

On the other hand, Hamas is launching missiles indiscriminately to whatever parts of israel. Its a good thing that Israel has that iron dome to intercept the missile.

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah

Israel is defending it's borders, while Russia is attacking a weaker country simply because it can. I can;t even say much more without completely losing my shit in this thread.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Zarkho said:

I'm impressed by the immense ignorance of people posting here.

They say that Russia attacked Ukraine first, bombed Ukrainian civilians, annexed Crimea and even shoot down the Malaysia Airlines plane... Are you kidding me?

(..) more pro-Russian skewed facts (...)

Hehe, I see the Russian propaganda machine is as strong as ever

Around the Network
Psychotic said:
Zarkho said:

I'm impressed by the immense ignorance of people posting here.

They say that Russia attacked Ukraine first, bombed Ukrainian civilians, annexed Crimea and even shoot down the Malaysia Airlines plane... Are you kidding me?

(..) more pro-Russian skewed facts (...)

Hehe, I see the Russian propaganda machine is as strong as ever

But you're all on this forums are so clever and strong that you don't fall to it and know exactly that all the evil on the earth comes from Russia.

Sharu said:

But you're all on this forums are so clever and strong that you don't fall to it and know exactly that all the evil on the earth comes from Russia.

So you deny that Yanukovych being pro-Russian and the new people being pro-EU makes the Russian people a little biased?

How do you explain their supposed "truth" perfectly suits the interests of Russia? What a coincidence!

How do you explain that they aren't willing to even acknowledge that the events can be interpreted differently?

Psychotic said:
Sharu said:

So you deny that Yanukovych being pro-Russian and the new people being pro-EU makes the Russian people a little biased?

How do you explain their supposed "truth" perfectly suits the interests of Russia? What a coincidence!

How do you explain that they aren't willing to even acknowledge that the events can be interpreted differently?

I believe the comment was about you thinking too much of yourself, when claiming Zarkho fall under someone's propaganda machine, at the same time assuming your mind is free of any influence, of course. Well, maybe he is, maybe he is not, maybe he is just giving yout another side of the story, which is always good, isn't it?

On a side note, that was pro-Russian Yanukovich mind you who was about to sign EU association agreement.

this whole mess is a large pile of poo.

CIA Director James Woolsey told a Senate Government Affairs Committee that Israel had been selling U.S. military secrets to China for about a decade. Meanwhile US sends Israel billions of dollars every year.

I'm sure Russia wants to get Ukraine back. Whats next.. Alaska? lol, just imagine that.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
mai said:

I believe the comment was about you thinking too much of yourself, when claiming Zarkho fall under someone's propaganda machine, at the same time assuming your mind is free of any influence, of course. Well, maybe he is, maybe he is not, maybe he is just giving yout another side of the story, which is always good, isn't it?

On a side note, that was pro-Russian Yanukovich mind you who was about to sign EU association agreement.

I'm thinking too much of myself? Well, that's certainly the case. Still, my original repsonse wasn't that big a deal, was it? I just react badly to representing complex issues very one-sidedly.

And don't mind Shaku, I know him from another thread, he's a little... unwilling to admit the Russian government may not be a club of selfless heroes who are solely interested in promoting freedom and democracy in the world