By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU Overtracked on VGC? ioi (Confirmed Overtracked)

JayWood2010 said:
DerNebel said:
DevilRising said:

What is that even supposed to mean?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6646778

Yeah, I thought it was something like that.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
CDiablo said:

Here is the thing.  I think VGC numbers are great.  I look at them as a great source and its one of two reasons i still visit this site.  I know theyre estimates and isnt going to be 100% accurate, but i feel that numbers should be adjusted once more official numbers comes to be as accurate as possible.  I personally feel he did a great job with PS4.  I mean that was adjusted in a few weeks.  But WiiU has been overtracked for about 3 months now.  I feel it should have been fixed by now

This goes for seece as well.

That 20k on shelves does make sence, but on its own is not definate proof. Right now what you are saying is that something might be wrong so its up to ioi to figure out where the error was made. If you had some proof, other then speculation then it might be taken into account. Like if you knew from where the overtracking was made, or if you knew an error some trusted information gave then fine, but you dont.

Look at this thread that got the x1 adjusted down: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189226&page=1

There it shows with real proof where the overtracking was done and ioi changed it almost right away. Do you, or anyone for that matter has anything of the sort to suport that argument? No. They just keep coming with the same excuse that its imposible for only 20k to be available. Untill some real unrefutable evidenc rises up, I think you people should shut up about the same argument, since ioi is not taking it into account and thats all that matters. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

fleischr said:

Is it really though? The MK8 boost anyway you look at it is pretty incredible and took many retailers by surprise I'd imagine.

Though that doesn't change the fact many retailers stayed pretty cagey on stocking more Wii U &  Nintendo undershipping a product isn't a uniquely new. This entire year, I very seldom see a retailer stock any more than 3 Wii U at a time. So to me, a small number on shelves end of June, in the midst of a MK8 frenzy, makes sense.

Based on Nintendo's current high inventory levels and overall bad sales of Wii U, retailers have some leverage against Ninty. And even for as good MK8 has been, at the end of the day retailers know the Wii U product line to be pretty slow moving and don't want to massively outpace stock to demand just based on stronger than usual sales for a 2-4 week time frame.

This argument doesn't really hold up when you look at the actual numbers.  Q1 was the biggest shipment of Wii Us outside of the holiday quarters.  That shipment was also heavily tilted toward the Americas and Europe/other.  VGC shows Japan having 75% of the units on shelves, yet Japan accounted for less than 12% of that quarters shipments (compared to 28% of shipments LTD).  Japanese shipments were actually down YoY.  Americas shipments more than quadrupled, and Others were up 17x (it was only 10k last year).

So Japanese retailers seem to be the ones more cagey about taking on Wii Us, yet they have 60k on shelves.  The West on the other hand took on more units than any time outside of the holidays, and they only have 19k on shelves.  Yet despite having the channel so dry, within 5 days they were able to get enough Wii Us out there to sell 58k in the West.  They were able to do this so quickly and so evenly that European sales were virtually unchanged that week, and US sales actually went up.  There also must be basically zero older bundles left on shelves considering they would have had near complete sell through of every Wii U ever shipped in the west at the end of June.

eva01beserk said:
JayWood2010 said:

There is support all across this thread so if you want to hear why then read the comments.  Im not going to explain what has already been explained.

JayWood2010 said:
eva01beserk said:
JayWood2010 said:

There is support all across this thread so if you want to hear why then read the comments.  Im not going to explain what has already been explained.

I have read this thread completly and you might have noticed since I comented continuosly. Not just this thread there have been others wich I also participated in and its always the same argument with the same participants that offer no real information except for "it must be ovbiuos, I cant see how you dont see it". This amounts to nothing in the real world. This needs to come to put up or shut up.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:

That 20k on shelves does make sence, but on its own is not definate proof. Right now what you are saying is that something might be wrong so its up to ioi to figure out where the error was made. If you had some proof, other then speculation then it might be taken into account. Like if you knew from where the overtracking was made, or if you knew an error some trusted information gave then fine, but you dont.

Look at this thread that got the x1 adjusted down: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189226&page=1

There it shows with real proof where the overtracking was done and ioi changed it almost right away. Do you, or anyone for that matter has anything of the sort to suport that argument? No. They just keep coming with the same excuse that its imposible for only 20k to be available. Untill some real unrefutable evidenc rises up, I think you people should shut up about the same argument, since ioi is not taking it into account and thats all that matters. 

ioi's taking a lot of things not into account that is posted in the forums. That has nothing to do with them being right or wrong.
You've been a member here for 3 months, most of us here for several years. 6 years in my, Torillian's and Seece's case.
Seriously we know how it's working. We've seen multiple comparisons of actual reported sales and shipments in the past. We know what ioi himself said on numerous occasions with the same exact topic (just with other consoles/handhelds).
For a piece of hardware, 20k (60k with Japan) that is selling ~60k a week IS impossible.
There are too many stores, there have to be at least some in stock in each of them. No retailer would order "1" WiiU to put it on shelves.
They can't correctly predict how many WiiUs are going to be sold in what parts of a country, so there have to be some in stock in EVERY smaller region.

eva01beserk said:
JayWood2010 said:

I have read this thread completly and you might have noticed since I comented continuosly. Not just this thread there have been others wich I also participated in and its always the same argument with the same participants that offer no real information except for "it must be ovbiuos, I cant see how you dont see it". This amounts to nothing in the real world. This needs to come to put up or shut up.

It's called logic and experience.

I could counter your point pretty easily with your own (kind of) logic:

Nintendo lies with their shipment numbers. In reality they shipped 1.5 million to people and sold only 1 million.
They also bribed all of the trackers, so that it appears that they sold close to 7 million.

You can't know if that's wrong, unless YOU in person visit every household that there is and count all of the WiiUs that are sold.

Logic tells us, they aren't bribing anyone. The competitors would love to know that and pay a lot of money for such info or someone would've called them out due to a personal ethical conflict. Furthermore they are not lying with their shipment numbers either since they would get in a lot of trouble from shareholders.

Barozi said:
eva01beserk said:

ioi's taking a lot of things not into account that is posted in the forums. That has nothing to do with them being right or wrong.
You've been a member here for 3 months, most of us here for several years. 6 years in my, Torillian's and Seece's case.
Seriously we know how it's working. We've seen multiple comparisons of actual reported sales and shipments in the past. We know what ioi himself said on numerous occasions with the same exact topic (just with other consoles/handhelds).
For a piece of hardware, 20k (60k with Japan) that is selling ~60k a week IS impossible.
There are too many stores, there have to be at least some in stock in each of them. No retailer would order "1" WiiU to put it on shelves.
They can't correctly predict how many WiiUs are going to be sold in what parts of a country, so there have to be some in stock in EVERY smaller region.

I dont deny anything your saying, but in the end all of your experience amounts to nothing if you cant solve the problem and just say something must be wrong, someone else fix it. Saying that is imposible means nothing unless you can say why, where or how. Im sure they cant predict how well a product will sell, but considering that it was selling like garbage before one is to asume it will continue to.

eva01beserk said:
Barozi said:

I dont deny anything your saying, but in the end all of your experience amounts to nothing if you cant solve the problem and just say something must be wrong, someone else fix it. Saying that is imposible means nothing unless you can say why, where or how. Im sure they cant predict how well a product will sell, but considering that it was selling like garbage before one is to asume it will continue to.

It's not our job to know where it's overtracked, and we don't need to know where it is overtracked, all we know is it IS overtracked.

I mean, would you be saying the same if it was 30k ore undertracked (i.e sold > shipped).

Barozi said:
eva01beserk said:
JayWood2010 said:

It's called logic and experience.

I could counter your point pretty easily with your own (kind of) logic:

Nintendo lies with their shipment numbers. In reality they shipped 1.5 million to people and sold only 1 million.
They also bribed all of the trackers, so that it appears that they sold close to 7 million.

You can't know if that's wrong, unless YOU in person visit every household that there is and count all of the WiiUs that are sold.

Logic tells us, they aren't bribing anyone. The competitors would love to know that and pay a lot of money for such info or someone would've called them out due to a personal ethical conflict. Furthermore they are not lying with their shipment numbers either since they would get in a lot of trouble from shareholders.

This is in no way the point Im making. Are we acusing nintendo of lying about the shipments? No. people are acusing ioi, a person not afiliated at all with nintendo to not even be stuborm, bribed or anything of the sort, just that he made a mistake. Even if he agrees that a mistake was made but does not know where or how to fix it, you with your experience, what do you supose he do? Cave to complaints and ramdomly take a number and subtracte from the total? Or find the problem, or if someone actually knows where the problem lies to tell ioi so he can adjust the numbers?