By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU Overtracked on VGC? ioi (Confirmed Overtracked)

TROLLING thread! Maybe MODS ban the person who posts this?

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated. Also, Irony.

-Smeags

Around the Network
Seece said:
Nem said:

Thought thats what you meant when you mentioned shops. Either way, its obvious that something is fishy, but it doesnt necessarely mean its on VGC's side. All the sources need to be double checked. I can also think of more reasons why it could happen, but its speculation.

I'm sure Nintendo will eventually give official numbers and then we'll know for sure.

So you suppose Nintendo have got it wrong? Their financial reports which have to be entirely honest and factual legally?

And yes they will, and unless they ship 1m~ then we have another situation on our hands like we do today.

Just to put it out there, they did 510k during MK Q.

I didnt mean Nintendo, though i dunno the details of the info, if what is beeing said is actually what they said. I believe Nintendo, i just dont believe everything i read on the internet.

Either way i meant VGC's sources for numbers.

padib said:

It's possible that I don't grasp the figure of twenty thousand. 

Why does everything have to be crazy or excuse? You really need to cool down on that antagonizing.

I am not convinced just because you are saying that others will scream overtracked at another number.

We went over the figures earlier, you said that 10k is like 190 U's per american state. Is that too small a number to you? What is your opinion on warehousing and surplus stock, do you have any? Or are you just using peoples' feelings in the past to justify your logic? You know that people can get emotional about these things (especially when it came to PS3 vs X360), so I don't think it's super-reliable an argument, to me at least.

Walmart has over 4000 stores in the US
Gamestop ~4500 stores in the US
Best Buy over 1000 stores in the US

Adding all other consumer electronic retail chains,
self-employed retailers,
Amazon and other online-only shops,

you'll come to the conclusion that in every single US store, there's less than one WiiU (probably closer to 0.5 WiiUs) in stock on average.
An incredibly unrealistic scenario.

Barozi said:
padib said:

It's possible that I don't grasp the figure of twenty thousand. 

Why does everything have to be crazy or excuse? You really need to cool down on that antagonizing.

I am not convinced just because you are saying that others will scream overtracked at another number.

We went over the figures earlier, you said that 10k is like 190 U's per american state. Is that too small a number to you? What is your opinion on warehousing and surplus stock, do you have any? Or are you just using peoples' feelings in the past to justify your logic? You know that people can get emotional about these things (especially when it came to PS3 vs X360), so I don't think it's super-reliable an argument, to me at least.

Walmart has over 4000 stores in the US
Gamestop ~4500 stores in the US
Best Buy over 1000 stores in the US

Adding all other consumer electronic retail chains,
self-employed retailers,
Amazon and other online-only shops,

you'll come to the conclusion that in every single US store, there's less than one WiiU (probably closer to 0.5 WiiUs) in stock on average.
An incredibly unrealistic scenario.

Is it really though? The MK8 boost anyway you look at it is pretty incredible and took many retailers by surprise I'd imagine.

Though that doesn't change the fact many retailers stayed pretty cagey on stocking more Wii U &  Nintendo undershipping a product isn't a uniquely new. This entire year, I very seldom see a retailer stock any more than 3 Wii U at a time. So to me, a small number on shelves end of June, in the midst of a MK8 frenzy, makes sense.

Based on Nintendo's current high inventory levels and overall bad sales of Wii U, retailers have some leverage against Ninty. And even for as good MK8 has been, at the end of the day retailers know the Wii U product line to be pretty slow moving and don't want to massively outpace stock to demand just based on stronger than usual sales for a 2-4 week time frame.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

This site is hillarious. Vgchartz shows Sony doesnt have 10 million PS4 shipped at the end of June(on the boat shipping to retailers which wont get to retailers for a month/August) then announces 10 million sold to customers "Bleh, ioi update the Sony they sold 10 million they know whos hands its in!"(we only had like a dozen threads like this in the beginning of August). Wii U 6.68(on the boat for sale in the beginning of August) "Bleh!, ioi fix the Wii U numbers we dont know how many they sold or shipped in the past month"

For the record I think the real sold through numbers are closer to the 6.7 million point at this point. The U is doing okish now but I cant imagine a shipment that went on sale in August selling completely through as they probably keep 200k on shelves(for August) and most likely did not sell much more than that in August. We will know once the financials are out.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

Yes, it's all one huge conspiracy to make Xbone look bad.

Really.

DevilRising said:
Yes, it's all one huge conspiracy to make Xbone look bad.

Really.

What is that even supposed to mean?

CDiablo said:

Here is the thing.  I think VGC numbers are great.  I look at them as a great source and its one of two reasons i still visit this site.  I know theyre estimates and isnt going to be 100% accurate, but i feel that numbers should be adjusted once more official numbers comes to be as accurate as possible.  I personally feel he did a great job with PS4.  I mean that was adjusted in a few weeks.  But WiiU has been overtracked for about 3 months now.  I feel it should have been fixed by now

DerNebel said:
DevilRising said:

What is that even supposed to mean?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6646778

JayWood2010 said:
CDiablo said:

Here is the thing.  I think VGC numbers are great.  I look at them as a great source and its one of two reasons i still visit this site.  I know theyre estimates and isnt going to be 100% accurate, but i feel that numbers should be adjusted once more official numbers comes to be as accurate as possible.  I personally feel he did a great job with PS4.  I mean that was adjusted in a few weeks.  But WiiU has been overtracked for about 3 months now.  I feel it should have been fixed by now

Ironically ioi has adjusted the Wii U in the last couple weeks, he adjusted it up to meet official german numbers, unfortunately he seems to have ignored the shipment data when making that adjustment thus just making the Wii U even more overtracked worldwide. (And the PS4 is still not fully adjusted, imo, but that's not for here)