By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More than 5 million active PSPLUS subscribers on PS4

Ninsect said:
sully1311 said:
cpg716 said:

My point was most people who buy a console in the first 10 months a release are pretty heavy gamers.. so surprsied they arent playing online..

Good point.

Well PS4 appeals to the masses. It's selling like hotcakes because casuals are buying it too.

Not really.. Most casual gamers don't even know the X1 or PS4 is out..         and the PS4 is still selling behind the Wii.. So not only is it NOT selling like hotcakes.. it is NOT selling like Wii's..  

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network
cpg716 said:
Ninsect said:

Well PS4 appeals to the masses. It's selling like hotcakes because casuals are buying it too.

Not really.. Most casual gamers don't even know the X1 or PS4 is out..         and the PS4 is still selling behind the Wii.. So not only is it NOT selling like hotcakes.. it is NOT selling like Wii's..  

Riiight...not sure what it has to do with the Wii but I have first-hand experience. Hell, there were multiple casuals lining up for the PS4 when it released.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
cpg716 said:
Ninsect said:

Riiight...not sure what it has to do with the Wii but I have first-hand experience. Hell, there were multiple casuals lining up for the PS4 when it released.

Umm.. I don't think you know what a "Casual Gamer" is..  A casual gamer would NOT be at LAUNCH of ANY game system.. If they were.. they would NOT be a casual gamer..   

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

When i got my PS4 last November, it was the first time that i subscribed to the service, never did so with the PS3. I waited til black friday and bought 2 of the 1 year subscriptions, since they were only $30 each rather than $50. I'll probably buy another 2 on this black friday, if they're the same price again. It's nice getting 6 free games every month between my PS4, PS3, and Vita. Great value for the money.

Teeqoz said:
toastboy44562 said:
Thats good for Sony. Im sure its the same for Xbox One. I bet a higher percentage of Xbox One owners have live

But fewer in total

In fact there are more people with PS4+PS+ than Xbox One owners with/without live.

Around the Network
cpg716 said:
Ninsect said:

Umm.. I don't think you know what a "Casual Gamer" is..  A casual gamer would NOT be at LAUNCH of ANY game system.. If they were.. they would NOT be a casual gamer..   

But that isn't true. Plenty of people stand in line for the latest version of the yearly franchises. I don't understand why this is hard to understand.

Also, I thought the PS4 was tracking ahead of the Wii.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

cpg716 said:

I didn't say the poll wasn't legit..  Just saying.. It in NO way proves a SINGLE X360 owner switched to PS4.  Not one single person.. Because the question asked WHAT consoles they had right at the moment..   If someone said X360 and PS4..   or Wii and PS4..    all it told was what people who owned a PS4 also owned a Wii or X360..  NOT THAT THEY SWITCHED CONSOLES.   Because they could have EASILY SOLD THEIR PS3 and purchased their PS4. I sold my X360 when I got my X1. I didn't sell my PS3 cause I used it for Blu-Ray on another TV.   But again.. the pull did NOT prove that people switched to a NEW console from X360/Wii..  and again.. even if SOME of those 33% did.. We don't know how mnay were Wii owners or X360..  so again..   We do NOT have all the information to make the claim that ANY X360 or WIi owners converted to PS4..      and also.. the X1 and PS4 have been out for LESS then 10 months..   we can't make any sort of sweeping judgment claims about this generation in 10 months..  either way/

Well, if it helps you, I know for sure that at least ONE X360 user who was paying for XBL Gold has switched to PS4 and is now a PS+ subscriber.

Myself. I don't need a poll to know that. 

And there are many many more, believe me. You can bury your head in the sand in front of cold hard facts, but people are recognizing superior quality along with a better value proposition and are moving away from XBox every single day. 

I believe weekly, monthly and annual.sales figures are enough to show that. 

PS+ will continue to attract new subscribers, as well as many XBox converts. XBL Gold is losing fast, and will continue to lose.

Next week, there will be an entire new batch of subscribers joining with their copy of Destiny in hand...

I simply cannot imagine any sensible consumer choosing XOne over PS4, unless they are a die hard Halo fan. And those are getting to be fewer and fewer as the time goes by.

you don't need to subscribe for video unlimtied,they must just be talking accounts

don't know the exact numbers but only 2-3m ps plus on ps3,no way 30m + users

5m on PS4 is good news for sony of course there may be a lot of 90 day users,doesn't mean it is all yearly unless they actually state it i guess

Above & Beyond

That's why online gaming costs now on PS4. Sony could never manage to get a great number of people to pay for PS+ on PS3 and they realized that people will only pay for it if they have to. Many people want to play online so that they have to pay for it now.

The free games which Sony implemented to increase PS+ numbers drastically didn't really manage to achieve it so that they had to take money for online even if they tried to avoid it. Otherwise they would still see a very low number of people who would pay for PS+ and with that much worse finnacial numbers for the company. 

I can care less about online play for most games, personally.