By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Access is a system seller.

Nicklesbe said:
Jazz2K said:

So according to you any kind of subs is bad and will lead to "kill" the industry? You know that PS+ and XBLG offer you random games for one month while EAA you get access to games in the vault. I'd rather know what I'm getting than not.

I will act like it's not happening right now. I'm not attached to consoles as much as some of you are. I want to play games that's all and if a service allows me to play games at a decent price then why not? If I don't see value in a service I don't subscribe that's all. No need to speculate about how bad it could become. I could instead speculate how good it is right now.

That's not what I'm saying at all, however your lack of understanding explains a lot. Read the TOS if you can't see that this is a push for new DRM that will put access to major portions all the games from that publisher behind a subscription wall like the two of the biggest console platforms have done with multiplayer, then you are likely blinded by bias.

"attached to consoles as much as some of you are" I own every console from last gen and this gen except for a ouya and a steam machine. I care about games before anything else and this will only hurt games. You are obviously overly attached to the XB1 because you are desperately trying to find a reason to support it and set it apart. Using anecdotal evidence from a negligibly small group of people in order to try and say that this sells consoles and will lead to Xb1's eventual success. Which at best is unsubstantiated.

Ok so I did go read the TOS... where I think you have a problem with is these lines 

"EA may revise these Terms at any time in its sole discretion."

"EA reserves the right to change and update the EA Access Services, and the EA Content offered through the EA Access Services without any liability to you. In particular, Vault Titles are subject to change and may be removed, and the online services for certain Vault Titles may be discontinued. In the event that EA changes the EA Access Services, including the removal of Vault Titles or discontinuation of online services for certain Vault Titles, we will provide thirty (30) days advance notice to you by posting a notice onhttp://www.ea.com/eaaccess."

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/terms.html

Then I went on reading other TOS just to compare. It happens every TOS I read said basically the same. All of them can change their policy at any given time (I imagine it's for legal purposes). Y read Xbox Live, iTunes, Netflix, PSNow.

As for your last comment... I get that sometimes I tend to defend Xbox more than any other consoles. The thing is I don't care about the stupid war I care only about the games where ever they are. Last gen I had all three platforms and played mostly on Xbox. Gen 6 and before that I also had almost all of them and couldn't care less about people's constant bashing other consoles. This gen I recieved a X1 from a friend, a gift and while I think it's a great console I couldn't stand the constant bashing for no reason. I don't think EAA will lead MS to some unrealistic hight numers but I think it will help them just like it did with two of my friends.

I will eventualy get both a WiiU and PS4 later this gen and I don't think going back to gen 6 PS2 domination is good, especialy when you think about PSNow and that Sony want to provide gaming without a console for next gen. Competition is good, and currently it shows.

Around the Network

they say a sucker is born at every minute right?

Is this place full of trolls or what? EA access a SYSTEM SELLER? EA access isn't a good value and is a way for EA to drain every penny from you.

Hiding demos that were free in the past to create false value is a system seller?

there's this bridge I want to sell the OP and his 2 buddies... it's quite the bargain really

setsunatenshi said:
there's this bridge I want to sell the OP and his 2 buddies... it's quite the bargain really

You're just saying random stuff that doesn't even mean anything. How about you actually contribute something to the thread instead of trying use sly insults.

Around the Network
Playstation_prophet said:
Is this place full of trolls or what? EA access a SYSTEM SELLER? EA access isn't a good value and is a way for EA to drain every penny from you.

Hiding demos that were free in the past to create false value is a system seller?

Yep it's full of trolls that's a given.

Explain how it isn't a good value and will drain every penny from you exactly?  And how are they hiding demos behind EA Access exactly? Educate me please!

Probably been pointed out but NFS:Rivals is free on PC. It's a heavily loaded micro-transaction version of other NFS's so for me personally, how is this an enticement?

No it isn't.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
No it isn't.

Playstation_prophet said:

How does saving $114 dollars the first day you sign up for EA Access not a good value?    The USED pricing (Gamestop) for all the titles you get in the Vault is $144.99..  USED.. not NEW..        and you pay $29.99 for one full year of access..   plus get 10% off new purchases ($5.00 savings each game) and FREE PREVIEW access to Games BEFORE they come out.. (for limited peiod)  ..        There was no Madden demo at all..  so it was "hidden"   EA Access got 6 hour free preview access before release.. there is a NHL 15 avilable to EVERYONE now..  nothing to do with EA ACCESS.  

People who keep saying it is not of VALUE seem to be confused as to what EA Access is.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m