By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Access is a system seller.

RenCutypoison said:
That's just psplus for fifa/madden fans ...

So yeah system seller.

So NFS, Battlefield, and Peggle are Fifa and Madden? 

Around the Network
Vasto said:
RenCutypoison said:

So yeah system seller.

I have EA Access and dont play Fifa or Madden.

When have you been agaisnt anything MS have and Sony don't?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RenCutypoison said:

So yeah system seller.

How about Peggle, Battlefield 4, NFS and the other games that will be added?

Jazz2K said:

Yep so two of my friends that were still undecided whether getting a X1 or a PS4 decided to go with X1 because of EA Access. You get ridiculous value when you enter the new gen with EAA for 30$. Even I wasn't planning on getting it before late next year but with the addition of Need For Speed I think I will take the plunge. I think this deal with EA might help MS a little. Now do the same Ubisoft.

LOL it is a massive rip off.  They rotate the games out every month, and then you can no longer play them (Even if you have downloaded them).  Also they offer some pretty insultingly old games...

I love when crappy services become good because people have agendas. The games that are given free are last years installments. Sales for the titles are dead. You can pick up all of them for $30.00. New Battlefield is coming out so everyone moves on. New Need For Speed is about to be announced. Last years installment free, etc.

To each his own, I guess.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
From the definition of some people if it sells one console it is a system seller... so maybe this is as well...

The only publishers I would get this kind of deal (if enough games were there) would be Ninty and Sony... no 3rd party have enough games to make me sign.

Yeah the OP is a stretch I agree but the reasoning behind their purchase made me think other people will think the same way. 

Isn't Sony releasing a similar product where you can play Playstation games after you subscribe? But you still have to pay for every games and for a limited time... if this is better for you then good, I think subscriptions will help publishers get more recognition and gamers will be able to acces more games than by buying them separately.

DonFerrari said:
Vasto said:
RenCutypoison said:

So yeah system seller.

I have EA Access and dont play Fifa or Madden.

When have you been agaisnt anything MS have and Sony don't?

What does this have to do with Sony?

This is EA were talking about. Do you think EA made this service to make friends or they like you? No, its to squeeze every penny they can outta you.

EA games are what I call "AAA" shoveware.

Captain_Tom said:
Jazz2K said:

Yep so two of my friends that were still undecided whether getting a X1 or a PS4 decided to go with X1 because of EA Access. You get ridiculous value when you enter the new gen with EAA for 30$. Even I wasn't planning on getting it before late next year but with the addition of Need For Speed I think I will take the plunge. I think this deal with EA might help MS a little. Now do the same Ubisoft.

LOL it is a massive rip off.  They rotate the games out every month, and then you can no longer play them (Even if you have downloaded them).  Also they offer some pretty insultingly old games...

@bolded: Source? 

Playstation Prop... so you really think they'll offer every new games at release for 30$/year? Are you that... hmm... optimistic?

Jazz2K said:
DonFerrari said:
From the definition of some people if it sells one console it is a system seller... so maybe this is as well...

The only publishers I would get this kind of deal (if enough games were there) would be Ninty and Sony... no 3rd party have enough games to make me sign.

Yeah the OP is a stretch I agree but the reasoning behind their purchase made me think other people will think the same way. 

Isn't Sony releasing a similar product where you can play Playstation games after you subscribe? But you still have to pay for every games and for a limited time... if this is better for you then good, I think subscriptions will help publishers get more recognition and gamers will be able to acces more games than by buying them separately.

Well, some users love anedoctal evidence... And IF I were a big EA fan and had no prefference towards any of the 3 manufacturers I could see this program being a good value for me and deciding for MS because of it. That may be a small number of people, but there certainly enough to rise sales... Now about people who already plan on getting an X1 this can make they decide faster (well I can buy MCC, TF and have this 5 "free games" for 500...) so that is enough games to jump in.

But regarding the risks of all pubs doing it and how they can start making the program less interesting with time we can't deny the existence... Just hope things don't get too crazy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."