By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Access is a system seller.

Vasto said:
DonFerrari said:
Vasto said:
RenCutypoison said:
That's just psplus for fifa/madden fans ...

So yeah system seller.

I have EA Access and dont play Fifa or Madden.

When have you been agaisnt anything MS have and Sony don't?

What does this have to do with Sony?

The only reason why EA access is brought up is because Sony said no and it's not on their console. If it was on both consoles, everyone including Xbox One users would be saying how terrible it is. Some people think it's a +1 thing for Microsoft, I think.

Around the Network
Vasto said:
DonFerrari said:
Vasto said:

What EA access have to do with Sony besides not being in their console??? But yes, I could have taken Sony out of my post and asked when you publically said anything bad about MS or a proposition from them??? How did you felt about 24h check+DRM+No used games?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Vasto said:
DonFerrari said:
Vasto said:

What EA access have to do with Sony besides not being in their console??? But yes, I could have taken Sony out of my post and asked when you publically said anything bad about MS or a proposition from them??? How did you felt about 24h check+DRM+No used games?

Only thing missing is the Family Sharing.

Jazz2K said:
Captain_Tom said:
Jazz2K said:

Yep so two of my friends that were still undecided whether getting a X1 or a PS4 decided to go with X1 because of EA Access. You get ridiculous value when you enter the new gen with EAA for 30$. Even I wasn't planning on getting it before late next year but with the addition of Need For Speed I think I will take the plunge. I think this deal with EA might help MS a little. Now do the same Ubisoft.

LOL it is a massive rip off.  They rotate the games out every month, and then you can no longer play them (Even if you have downloaded them).  Also they offer some pretty insultingly old games...

@bolded: Source? 

Playstation Prop... so you really think they'll offer every new games at release for 30$/year? Are you that... hmm... optimistic?

-Apparently EA "says" they aren't going to eliminate games, but in the contract you agree to it says they have the power to do this, Sony and Games for Gold do not.

-New games?  LOL get used to really old ones.

-Do you really want to pay $30 on top of $60 a year?  Most of the games you wanna play can be OWNED for less money.

Vasto said:
DonFerrari said:
Vasto said:

Only thing missing is the Family Sharing.

Sorry I forgot them... all good things MS done or hoped to do.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Useless Jazz. Sony told them it wasnt good value(lol at that bullshit) so, a lot will roll with and defend that no matter what.

DonFerrari said:
Jazz2K said:

Yeah the OP is a stretch I agree but the reasoning behind their purchase made me think other people will think the same way. 

Isn't Sony releasing a similar product where you can play Playstation games after you subscribe? But you still have to pay for every games and for a limited time... if this is better for you then good, I think subscriptions will help publishers get more recognition and gamers will be able to acces more games than by buying them separately.

Well, some users love anedoctal evidence... And IF I were a big EA fan and had no prefference towards any of the 3 manufacturers I could see this program being a good value for me and deciding for MS because of it. That may be a small number of people, but there certainly enough to rise sales... Now about people who already plan on getting an X1 this can make they decide faster (well I can buy MCC, TF and have this 5 "free games" for 500...) so that is enough games to jump in.

But regarding the risks of all pubs doing it and how they can start making the program less interesting with time we can't deny the existence... Just hope things don't get too crazy.

I fully understand how bad this could get if publishers decide to make the program less interesting. Like they could lock some content in games for those who did not subscribe and release the locked content like 1 year later. But that practice is already happening, subs have nothing to do with it. Just like releasing a game exclusively to EAA members. That again, no need to look specificaly at subs. Then again, what prevents either Sony or MS to penalize gamers for not subscribing to XBLG or PS+/Now? You already have to pay to play online. I don't see all the doom and gloom around this... except for last gen when only MS had you pay for online play and have access to apps etc.

Captain_Tom said:
Jazz2K said:
Captain_Tom said:

LOL it is a massive rip off.  They rotate the games out every month, and then you can no longer play them(Even if you have downloaded them).  Also they offer some pretty insultingly old games...

Playstation Prop... so you really think they'll offer every new games at release for 30$/year? Are you that... hmm... optimistic?

-Apparently EA "says" they aren't going to eliminate games, but in the contract you agree to it says they have the power to do this, Sony and Games for Gold do not.

-Do you really want to pay $30 on top of $60 a year?  Most of the games you wanna play can be OWNED for less money.

Speculation... you don't know at all... you have no sources and yes go read the TOS of both XBLG and PSN+/Now and they state they can deal with the games they put however they want.

So old games are instantly undesirable? Like I have time and ability to play every games at release.

TheSting said:
Useless Jazz. Sony told them it wasnt good value(lol at that bullshit) so, a lot will roll with and defend that no matter what.

You are totaly right haha spending a lot of energy for nothing. Should've known better. 

I never heard or saw anyone mentioning EA access.System seller?I don't think so.

Captain_Tom said:
Jazz2K said:

Old games? All the games in the vault are fairly recent games. Most of the games in the vault can be owned for less than 30 bucks? please provide me a link and I'll cancel my sub right now.