By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Access is a system seller.

What about Titanfall? That is an EA game, but it is not listed as one of the games in EA Access

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Man please stop trying to spin what I said... I said that IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF they decided to cycle, but kept the same value no one would complain and the value would still be the same, because you won't need FIFA 14, 15, 16, 17 on the vault when Fifa 18 cames in (and of course EA can decide to keep all of them). What I said is that they could do that, and that they could take out value from the access (or add value there by taking value of other products putting them behind paid wall), but yes... you can keep spinning and distorting to make your point.

And again, PS+ users expect 72 games a year fo 50 bucks, so 5 games for 30 bucks isn't the value they are used to get. But yes you can keep spinning on saying sony or myself said EAA have no value instead of less value than what PS+ already give... and just in case Crysis and other EA games were on PS+ before so by having EAA besides that would mean that what before costed you 50 will now cost you 80... but yes that aint less value.

I'll wait to see you bashing MS for their bad PR and other BS... since I haven't saw you done that yet, altough with your low post count maybe I just haven't saw you in any other thread... but haven't saw you on DRM and kinect forced bundle.

Stop saying if to make a point when there is a statement saying otherwise. I remember keeping MLB '04 for the longest time because it was the only game that still had the Montreal Expos. Gamers will find value in one version of a game over another.... they could play Fifa 14 just because of one player that's not on the roster of a newer version. So there is always value to older games. I have cousins that are part of the minor league roster in the NHL '07 & '08.  

Sony used to not charge for their online service in order to charge customer they brought in a new service called PS+. This service was amazing giving access to full retail game for a very cheap low price of $50/year. I never owned a sony console but I know that PS+ is great value and I would love the service.

Having said that now ignore PS+ and look at what you’re getting for Ea Access.... $30.year or 5$/month..... You get five retail games. Fifa 14, Madden25, Peggle 2, Battlefield 4 and Need for speed rival. If none of these game interests you and you don't want to take part of the trial. You don't buy EA Access and you haven't spent a penny **GREAT VALUE- cost you nothing**. But, If you were interested in anyone of these game how much would you have to spend at retail to buy it? Certainly more than 5$.... you can play the heck out of Need for speed rivals for a month and never give EA further money. You've gotten plenty of VALUE.  If you're like me and interest in more than 3 of these games, love the 6-hour trial of games... I'm getting insane amount of value out of 29.99$ .. Heck I though the service should cost $49.99/year and still think its great value.

I think I've made my case on DRM.... I love DRM ... I can't wait to get away from our reliance on Retail and the useless need for disc. I don't like reselling my game simply a waste of my time, discs are vulnerable to damage and clutter my living space, I much prefer digital. Because of gamers reliance on disc based and their ability to resell game ... console sell game digitally at a premium and  I would much rather do away with disc entire and bring down the overall cost of digital games.

I own the Kinect you don't... you probably haven't really spent much amount of time with it. By now we know that Microsoft is charging around 50-100$ for the Kinect (Early adopter paid $100, new bundle get a free game worth around $50) I got the Titan fall bundle..... (399.99 Xbox one, Titanfall Digital $50 and $50 Kinect) Great value.....  What is the Kinect and what does it offer. As a game controller it's good enough to replace the controller but it's great for game like Just dance and fitness games other not too demanding input games. What makes it important is it comes with a camera (needed for twitch, skype, in game features), Kinect enable voice command - these features actually enhance the experience on the xbox one creating shortcut and easy navigation that is far superior to just having the controller. Kinect as seamless face recognition.... I have three xbox one profile and not once did I need to logging under my name because of the Kinect face recognition.    

We all agree that the original Xbox One bundle at $499 was overpriced compare to PS4 when it first release because of the Kinect and there was a $40 mark up compared to the PS4. But now that they included a game in the bundle they have reach price parity with the PS4.  What's $40 for a console that you will own for 5-6 years?

yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:

Man please stop trying to spin what I said... I said that IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF they decided to cycle, but kept the same value no one would complain and the value would still be the same, because you won't need FIFA 14, 15, 16, 17 on the vault when Fifa 18 cames in (and of course EA can decide to keep all of them). What I said is that they could do that, and that they could take out value from the access (or add value there by taking value of other products putting them behind paid wall), but yes... you can keep spinning and distorting to make your point.

And again, PS+ users expect 72 games a year fo 50 bucks, so 5 games for 30 bucks isn't the value they are used to get. But yes you can keep spinning on saying sony or myself said EAA have no value instead of less value than what PS+ already give... and just in case Crysis and other EA games were on PS+ before so by having EAA besides that would mean that what before costed you 50 will now cost you 80... but yes that aint less value.

I'll wait to see you bashing MS for their bad PR and other BS... since I haven't saw you done that yet, altough with your low post count maybe I just haven't saw you in any other thread... but haven't saw you on DRM and kinect forced bundle.

Stop saying if to make a point when there is a statement saying otherwise. I remember keeping MLB '04 for the longest time because it was the only game that still had the Montreal Expos. Gamers will find value in one version of a game over another.... they could play Fifa 14 just because of one player that's not on the roster of a newer version. So there is always value to older games. I have cousins that are part of the minor league roster in the NHL '07 & '08.  

Sony used to not charge for their online service in order to charge customer they brought in a new service called PS+. This service was amazing giving access to full retail game for a very cheap low price of $50/year. I never owned a sony console but I know that PS+ is great value and I would love the service.

Having said that now ignore PS+ and look at what you’re getting for Ea Access.... $30.year or 5$/month..... You get five retail games. Fifa 14, Madden25, Peggle 2, Battlefield 4 and Need for speed rival. If none of these game interests you and you don't want to take part of the trial. You don't buy EA Access and you haven't spent a penny **GREAT VALUE- cost you nothing**. But, If you were interested in anyone of these game how much would you have to spend at retail to buy it? Certainly more than 5$.... you can play the heck out of Need for speed rivals for a month and never give EA further money. You've gotten plenty of VALUE.  If you're like me and interest in more than 3 of these games, love the 6-hour trial of games... I'm getting insane amount of value out of 29.99$ .. Heck I though the service should cost $49.99/year and still think its great value.

I think I've made my case on DRM.... I love DRM ... I can't wait to get away from our reliance on Retail and the useless need for disc. I don't like reselling my game simply a waste of my time, discs are vulnerable to damage and clutter my living space, I much prefer digital. Because of gamers reliance on disc based and their ability to resell game ... console sell game digitally at a premium and  I would much rather do away with disc entire and bring down the overall cost of digital games.

I own the Kinect you don't... you probably haven't really spent much amount of time with it. By now we know that Microsoft is charging around 50-100$ for the Kinect (Early adopter paid $100, new bundle get a free game worth around $50) I got the Titan fall bundle..... (399.99 Xbox one, Titanfall Digital $50 and $50 Kinect) Great value.....  What is the Kinect and what does it offer. As a game controller it's good enough to replace the controller but it's great for game like Just dance and fitness games other not too demanding input games. What makes it important is it comes with a camera (needed for twitch, skype, in game features), Kinect enable voice command - these features actually enhance the experience on the xbox one creating shortcut and easy navigation that is far superior to just having the controller. Kinect as seamless face recognition.... I have three xbox one profile and not once did I need to logging under my name because of the Kinect face recognition.    

We all agree that the original Xbox One bundle at $499 was overpriced compare to PS4 when it first release because of the Kinect and there was a $40 mark up compared to the PS4. But now that they included a game in the bundle they have reach price parity with the PS4.  What's $40 for a console that you will own for 5-6 years?

Okay I proved my point before and just secured that you approve anything MS, good... no further use for this discussion.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:

Okay I proved my point before and just secured that you approve anything MS, good... no further use for this discussion.

Except that my primary console is the wiiU of which I own over 20 games and for the record EA Access is from EA not Microsoft. 

yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:

Except that my primary console is the wiiU of which I own over 20 games and for the record EA Access is from EA not Microsoft. 

Well... you can have your Wii U as your primary console and approve anything MS.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Lol is that the best you can do? How did you come up to that conclusion? Is it possible to end up saying you on the other hand try to disprove anything MS? Even if the service is from EA? Let me tell you something, even if the deal was exclusive to Playstation I'm sure those defending the service would still think it's decent value. But I get the feeling you would just change your tune had it been Playstation exclusive. Hope other publishers jump on this and then Sony to finaly accept just to see your reaction...

LudicrousSpeed said:
eva01beserk said:

You where the first to compare them. Look at your comment "It only "started with Dreamcast" if you're completely ignoring PC. Read your own link.". All I said was how it started on consoles on the dreamcast for free and MS quickly adopted it and started to charge for dlc.

Stp spining please. I dont care for madden, but what I hear from people tht do, madden always had a demo, that they chosd to not do one and instead go with early acces is the same thing. Its almost a demo, but less restrictive specially with this type of game. They could have giving everybody an early access just like they did before with the demo. They chosed to only give it to subscribers to pretend to add value to it, but what they did was remove value that you already got for free before.

Your still waiting for a logical explanation as to why xbox should not use EA access as a +1 on sony. You care for nothing logical, just something to use as x1 greater then ps4, even though it will hurt xbox fans fist when ea shows its ugly face again. DO you remember this It only "started with Dreamcast" if you're completely ignoring PC. Read your own link. Thats one of the first I think, but there are many more. So EA has already done it before, what makes you think they wont do it again for EA access. And do you remember this http://wiiudaily.com/2012/08/ea-origin-wii-u/ Removing all suport just because nintendo refused the origin integration on the wii u. Like I mentioned before, they did it to steam but steam did cave ulike nintendo, so they ended loosing all support from EA. So it has happened. MS cant deny EA, cuz if EA removes suport to the x1, the x1 will die right then and there, so they will have MS and xbox fans by the balls.

Uh, pointing out that DLC existed for years on PC before it showed up on console is not a comparison. However, pointing out the difference in price and substance of PC DLC vs console DLC, as you did, is an actual comparison. Hope that helps.

Also, you don't seem to know anything about Madden or the demo/time trial. So why you would call someone giving you facts "spinning" is beyond me. Madden 25 had no demo. Madden 15 doesn't either. My guess is Madden 16 probably won't either. And no, the 6 hour time trial is not "almost a demo". It was complete access to the game, except Ultimate Team. It was infinitely more in depth than a demo. A demo in Madden is typically 2 minute quarters with 1 or 2 team matchups and only local MP. This is, of course, speaking as someone who actually played it and knows what he is talking about. If anyone is spinning here, it would be you ;)

IDGAF about any of the PS4 stuff you just typed, I haven't said a word about PS4 or Sony in this thread. Per usual, it seems I am arguing logic and reality in this thread, you're focused on looking into your crystal ball and make believe.

Oh and now EA will just drop Xbone support if MS didn't allow them to start the service. Makes complete sense for a company to just erase entirely that huge pool of potential sales with nothing in return. Completely the same as the WiiU. I mean, I guess it's a little different. EA's 7th best selling Xbone title still outsold EA's #1 selling WiiU title, but who cares about logic?

I gave up on this a while ago. But I came acroos this vid thats very old. Start waching around 4:30.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9ekOtn7L1N0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ekOtn7L1N0 

This video was just at the anouncedment, ps now was not even known about yet, I think, not sure. But the thing is that joe predicted this 1.5 years ago and whos joe to predict this kind of stuff? Just a gamer with an opinion. So when others more qualifyed(not me, like yoshid and others who do research and shit) tell you its going to happen, that all other third partys will do it, that gamers will be put of, that console gaming will die or get seriously hurt, at least consider it.

P.S. Ignore that hes Bashing MS, we know they changed all their policys since reveal but its not about that, its about how he predicted something like EA acces would come even on MS only.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Jazz2K said:
DonFerrari said:

Lol is that the best you can do? How did you come up to that conclusion? Is it possible to end up saying you on the other hand try to disprove anything MS? Even if the service is from EA? Let me tell you something, even if the deal was exclusive to Playstation I'm sure those defending the service would still think it's decent value. But I get the feeling you would just change your tune had it been Playstation exclusive. Hope other publishers jump on this and then Sony to finaly accept just to see your reaction...

Nope since I haven't said once it is bad or good value... I said Sony justification that it isn't the value PS+ costumers are used to is valid because they offer 72 games per 50 a year and EAA offered so far 5 games for 30 a year, so it is less value in Sony opinion. And the point I proved? The guy basically approved all MS actions this gen that were bashed by basically everybody and have no hint of ever being against any MS measure, so your point? And you can say I disapprove anything MS, the thing is even tough I don't support then in the slightest you can find several posts of mine being favorable to some of their points and of course several more against them (mainly the shenanigans) and that is because I don't enter all the MS threads to cause ruckus, I go were some people are saying things spinned to favour MS in a blind manner and oppose it. Since I don't have a MS console I don't care much for what happens there besides what can make my friend and brother play better or worse so where MS fans are discussing the games they like, what is coming to the console, etc I don't bother... But were we have guys with fantastic predictions or bold claims (often false or exagerated) then I enter.

Anyway as I said I proved my point that no matter how much was discussed the guy wouldn't ever accept MS have done anything wrong (in another thread he said DRM is good, MS just didn't explained enough), and until now I haven't saw anyone that have approved the always online that wasn't a MS supporter.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

eva01beserk said:

I gave up on this a while ago. But I came acroos this vid thats very old. Start waching around 4:30.

This video was just at the anouncedment, ps now was not even known about yet, I think, not sure. But the thing is that joe predicted this 1.5 years ago and whos joe to predict this kind of stuff? Just a gamer with an opinion. So when others more qualifyed(not me, like yoshid and others who do research and shit) tell you its going to happen, that all other third partys will do it, that gamers will be put of, that console gaming will die or get seriously hurt, at least consider it.

P.S. Ignore that hes Bashing MS, we know they changed all their policys since reveal but its not about that, its about how he predicted something like EA acces would come even on MS only.

Sorry but I started at 4:30 like you said and made it about three and a half minutes before I could not stomach any more of Joe's idiotic shtick, maybe just direct link to when he talks about EA Access? I only heard him make two predictions:

You'll have to pay to borrow a friends game (DRM related, reversed)
You'll have to pay an extra fee to use NFL on Xbone (nope, completely free)

I will "at least consider it" when somone puts forth a logical explanation of why they would do it.

LudicrousSpeed said:
eva01beserk said:

Sorry but I started at 4:30 like you said and made it about three and a half minutes before I could not stomach any more of Joe's idiotic shtick, maybe just direct link to when he talks about EA Access? I only heard him make two predictions:

You'll have to pay to borrow a friends game (DRM related, reversed)
You'll have to pay an extra fee to use NFL on Xbone (nope, completely free)

I will "at least consider it" when somone puts forth a logical explanation of why they would do it.

Good luck