By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Access is a system seller.

Ea access, the biggest rip off known to man. Sorry your friends are about to be massively disappointed by EAA

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:

You where the first to compare them. Look at your comment "It only "started with Dreamcast" if you're completely ignoring PC. Read your own link.". All I said was how it started on consoles on the dreamcast for free and MS quickly adopted it and started to charge for dlc.

Stp spining please. I dont care for madden, but what I hear from people tht do, madden always had a demo, that they chosd to not do one and instead go with early acces is the same thing. Its almost a demo, but less restrictive specially with this type of game. They could have giving everybody an early access just like they did before with the demo. They chosed to only give it to subscribers to pretend to add value to it, but what they did was remove value that you already got for free before.

Your still waiting for a logical explanation as to why xbox should not use EA access as a +1 on sony. You care for nothing logical, just something to use as x1 greater then ps4, even though it will hurt xbox fans fist when ea shows its ugly face again. DO you remember this It only "started with Dreamcast" if you're completely ignoring PC. Read your own link. Thats one of the first I think, but there are many more. So EA has already done it before, what makes you think they wont do it again for EA access. And do you remember this http://wiiudaily.com/2012/08/ea-origin-wii-u/ Removing all suport just because nintendo refused the origin integration on the wii u. Like I mentioned before, they did it to steam but steam did cave ulike nintendo, so they ended loosing all support from EA. So it has happened. MS cant deny EA, cuz if EA removes suport to the x1, the x1 will die right then and there, so they will have MS and xbox fans by the balls.

Uh, pointing out that DLC existed for years on PC before it showed up on console is not a comparison. However, pointing out the difference in price and substance of PC DLC vs console DLC, as you did, is an actual comparison. Hope that helps.

Also, you don't seem to know anything about Madden or the demo/time trial. So why you would call someone giving you facts "spinning" is beyond me. Madden 25 had no demo. Madden 15 doesn't either. My guess is Madden 16 probably won't either. And no, the 6 hour time trial is not "almost a demo". It was complete access to the game, except Ultimate Team. It was infinitely more in depth than a demo. A demo in Madden is typically 2 minute quarters with 1 or 2 team matchups and only local MP. This is, of course, speaking as someone who actually played it and knows what he is talking about. If anyone is spinning here, it would be you ;)

IDGAF about any of the PS4 stuff you just typed, I haven't said a word about PS4 or Sony in this thread. Per usual, it seems I am arguing logic and reality in this thread, you're focused on looking into your crystal ball and make believe.

Oh and now EA will just drop Xbone support if MS didn't allow them to start the service. Makes complete sense for a company to just erase entirely that huge pool of potential sales with nothing in return. Completely the same as the WiiU. I mean, I guess it's a little different. EA's 7th best selling Xbone title still outsold EA's #1 selling WiiU title, but who cares about logic?

DonFerrari said:
Jazz2K said:

Everything has a risk but are we gonna stop doing anything because of some people's hate for a service/company? They don't know anything anyway just speculations. GWG on 360 was yours to keep once you downloaded them. GWG on X1 took Sony's approach and I personnaly hate that. But you can also redownload the games if you resub to XBLG once you unsubscribed. 

The thing is people just want to say it's bad for the sake of bashing EA or MS and have no arguments. "It could get ugly" yeah so is XBLG, PSN and especially PS Now but do we see people hate on this constantly? No, some see value in this, see the post of Superryo, another anecdoctal but in EAA's favor. I said it already, right now this service is good. If it ends up bad then people will just leave it's not like there are no other options.

So basically GwG and PS+ are basically the same model, the only difference being which have the games you preffer, and I don't see how it could get ugly, I just see how it could lose value if the games it offer start being worst.

On the so called value... EAA gives you right now 5 games for 30 dollars a year... PS+ give you 6 games a month for 50 dollars a year... GwG is 2 games or 1 per month for 60 dollars a year??? So this proves both Sony and MS take are more value packed than EAA right?

But on the risks... You can also perceive why people are more afraid of EA than Sony or MS service, EA have a thing for this (like Origin)... and let's not pretend that EAA get some flack from Sony fans because it is on MS console only, but don't pretend MS fans defend the service to the death basically because it is on X1.

Nothing prevents both Sony and/or MS from doing what some of you think EA "will" do with EAA. What exactly prevents them from releasing games or DLC exclusive to those who sub to PS+ or XBLG? Nothing, did they do it yet? When it happens they'll lose people, the same would happen if EA does something like that.

I think you should start to know what exactly is EAA and stop speculating about what it "I don't know the service but I'll still say it's bad". EAA gives you acces to games that are in the vault not that they give you 5 games for 30$ a year. There was 4 games at the start, now there are 5 and before you have been subscribed for 1 full year there will be more. If you don't see value in EA's games then I see no reason to subs. On the other hand Sony and MS offer 2 games per consoles every months (yes that means 4 games for Xbox and 6 for PS because they support one more console). They offer two random games, it doesn't mean these games are any good. It doesn't mean you know what games you are going to get. And once the month is over you can't get those games anymore unless you buy them. It's a plus imo because you pay for online but lets not act like they have to give us 2 games every months. Sony did this to start convincing their fanbase to pay for online, they kept bashing MS for charging for online so what would prevent these fans from bashing Sony for doing the same? Exactly.

I prefer publishers to show what they have to offer and give discounts than console makers giving random games. Imo this gives games more life than sitting on shelves or in the waiting of maybe being given away by console makers. Imo this will allow MS to focus on other things than securing Peggle2 to be given away. To each his own though. I wouldn't defend then opinion saying it doesn't appeal to them. But stating things like it's bad for industry and it's better to have PS+ or XBLG... ehh.

Danman27 said:
Ea access, the biggest rip off known to man. Sorry your friends are about to be massively disappointed by EAA

You can elaborate, don't be shy, unless you just want a piece of the hate pie... I would understand that though as it seems delicious, so many take a bite.

Jazz2K said:
Danman27 said:

You can elaborate, don't be shy, unless you just want a piece of the hate pie... I would understand that though as it seems delicious, so many take a bite.

It's not the service that they advertised.  When I first heard about it, I thought it sounded cool. Then I heard that basically no games are getting early release for subscribers, and there's like 5 games. So yes, it's a rip off. 

Around the Network
Danman27 said:
Jazz2K said:
Danman27 said:

It's not the service that they advertised.  When I first heard about it, I thought it sounded cool. Then I heard that basically no games are getting early release for subscribers, and there's like 5 games. So yes, it's a rip off. 

What is it they advertised and are not giving exactly?

What sounded cool but isn't anymore?

5 games and counting, and what did you expect for early release? Madden 15 released a few days before official release so people could try it for a given time before just buying it... what exactly is a rip off in this?

celador said:
It doesn't get much more anecdotal than that

Well, technically if it was just _one_ of his friends then it would be more anecdotal

Mr.Playstation said:
Well tell your friends this. " I hope that you have enjoyed supporting a buisness model, which will one day lead to the destruction of gaming ". Please do not buy an Xbox One because of Ea Access, in a year's time you willl regret it because Ea will always find a way how to screw over the consumer.

TBH  gaming is already destroyed by all the shit people supported in the  last gen.

I personally wouldnt give half a f*ck if the gaming industry would crash   it certainly deserves to.   The products I support dont have any of that crap anyway so let people pay for EAA if they want has no impact on what I am doing at all.

I find it amusing how MS and Sony are basically setting up
the console market to disappear after this generation.

With these streaming services, EA, Activision, even Sony themselves, and others will simply
not need a traditional console to reach their customers. They will be able to do it via TV,
smartphones, tablets, micro-consoles, etc.

The only one that will be left in the traditional console market will probably be Nintendo.
Because their first party IPs are strong enough to support a console.
And they might just let EA, Activision, Sony, MS, and others to stream their content via their console.

JazzB1987 said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Well tell your friends this. " I hope that you have enjoyed supporting a buisness model, which will one day lead to the destruction of gaming ". Please do not buy an Xbox One because of Ea Access, in a year's time you willl regret it because Ea will always find a way how to screw over the consumer.

TBH  gaming is already destroyed by all the shit people supported in the  last gen.

I personally wouldnt give half a f*ck if the gaming industry would crash   it certainly deserves to.   The products I support dont have any of that crap anyway so let people pay for EAA if they want has no impact on what I am doing at all.

You do know right that if Ea acces is popular, it might affect the products which you support. Yes, it affects me if people support EA access because somehow it will surely affect me since I am a gamer.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P