By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Access is a system seller.

Intrinsic said:
I completely believe that EAA was why your friends got the XB1. OMG sooo much value!!!!!

Not every gamer is a hardcore gamer and a lot of them play sports and multiplatform games. It's not like games like Bloodborn or Scalebound are mainstream enough people will rush to buy consoles for those games. Here NHL is very popular and most of the time people go for the cheapest one.

Around the Network
fireburn95 said:
Do the same ubisoft? Do you really want every major publisher to offer this deal?

Yea why not?

Jazz2K said:
Nicklesbe said:
Xenostar said:

Yeah it is a good deal on the whole,

I do fear what it has already brought, that you have to pay for demos, and this type of service being implemented by every other publisher to the point where to play games you have to subscribe. And it ends up being a hellish place to be. 

We already sub to play online, now subbing per publisher could just get awful very quickly. 

Also if anything it will prevent people with limited budgets from buying games from that publisher ever again and will likely push more people to the already cheap and easy mobile market.

Limited budget is the reason they went with EAA. Why would they stop buying games from that publisher exactly? The first months are when a game sells the most, after that nobody buys them (unless they're Mario games).

Because it started with just games behind the paywall, already theyve moved demos which were once free behind this paywall, probably only a matter of time before they put Multiplayer of new games behind this paywall. Its a fucking slippery slope where they try to add value not by actually adding new things, but taking away things that were once free for everyone. 

For along time live pretended it was adding value by putting things like Netflix behind its paywall, thankfully MS reversed that decision to try and remain competitive. But Ea are blazing a new trail of publisher subs, so expect heavy tons of shit to follow. 

Hopefully thats just being pesimistic, but this is EA here and and if other publishers follow it will be very crap indeed. 

Jazz2K said:

Limited budget is the reason they went with EAA. Why would they stop buying games from that publisher exactly? The first months are when a game sells the most, after that nobody buys them (unless they're Mario games).

I don't believe that for a second. $100 a year (XBL+EAA) is not exactly affordable if you truly have a limited budget. Much better and cheaper to get games from gamefly or buy them used for a few bucks. Granted $30 a year is not a lot of money but it is if you have a limited budget. Every dollar counts and I have a hard time seeing someone that does, that's not just a kid with an allowance taking that kind of gamble and investing in a very expensive console just for that service that given EA's history and earned title of worst company in the gaming industry seems like a dangerous gamble. Especially when there are better and cheaper ways to get games that arn't restricted to a single publisher and require the purchase of an entirly new console that has weaker hardware and much less game support.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

LiquorandGunFun said:
LOL ok OP. have fun with that.

i reject any more subs period.. unless its a mmo i want to actively play. i dont like the thought of the future being 10 subs to play games and no option just to buy the game i want physically.

the sun will be setting on this console gamer.

You see I think the other way. I don't like to pay for mmos except for the entry price. But paying a subs to have unlimited access to content is great value imo. It's like Skype vs phone companies. Skype offers unlimited calls in the same country for a cheap price while phone companies make you pay monthly to call in the same city and pay more to call everywhere else... (I live in Canada). To me it's better to pay once and play the games you want.

Around the Network
Frank_kc said:
Congratulate your friends for paying to play a demo....

I'm pretty sure there paying for the games in the Vault (hence why he said they were taking the plunge with the addition of NFS Rivals in the Vault) -______-

cpg716 said:
I am just confused why some people think EA Access is just "demos".

Demos are not EVEN a part of EA ACCESS at all..

1. Full Access to VAULT Games.. Which include Battlefield 4, MADDEN 25, Fifa 14, Peggle 2 and son Need For Speed Rivals. Using GAMESTOPS USED PRICING.. This is $145 is games.. used price.. for $29.99 a year.. and more games will be added..

2. Access to FULL Game 5 days before release.. Usually 6 hour gameplay (but may vary). Again... NOT A DEMO.. FULL ACCESS to the game for a period BEFORE release of the game.

3. 10% EA games and DLC. So if you decide to buy game you get 10% off.

So. again.. DEMOs are not even a part of EA Access.. Vault Games, Full Access Preview, and discount.

$29.99 a year.. saves you $114 dollars the first day..

Careful, this is what they dont like to hear.

Xenostar said:
Jazz2K said:

Because it started with just games behind the paywall, already theyve moved demos which were once free behind this paywall, probably only a matter of time before they put Multiplayer of new games behind this paywall. Its a fucking slippery slope where they try to add value not by actually adding new things, but taking away things that were once free for everyone. 

For along time live pretended it was adding value by putting things like Netflix behind its paywall, thankfully MS reversed that decision to try and remain competitive. But Ea are blazing a new trail of publisher subs, so expect heavy tons of shit to follow. 

Hopefully thats just being pesimistic, but this is EA here and and if other publishers follow it will be very crap indeed. 

How is this "games behind a paywall" exactly? It's not like you can't buy these games otherwise. And you guys like to be pessimistic about anything.  Some people see value behind this service and they don't constantly spell doom and gloom.

I'm already glade I bought a year of EA Access instead of the 1 month. (Why pay more over the long run? )

NobleTeam360 said:
Frank_kc said:
Congratulate your friends for paying to play a demo....

I'm pretty sure there paying for the games in the Vault (hence why he said they were taking the plunge with the addition of NFS Rivals in the Vault) -______-

Let me explain this to you. Who will wont to play Fifa 14 when Fifa 15 will be released in a few week (Sept 18th). Who wants to play Madden 25 when madden 15 was just released couple of weeks ago? It is a demo since you are getting access to the game for a limited time (6 hours), then you need pay the full price to get the full game. What will six hours do for you when you play upcoming BF game online where i can use the 6 hours in 1-2 day!!!!

It is not a system  seller and i am betting that it will fail.

On a second note, maybe such a service would push Sony to provide better games for PS+.