By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Access is a system seller.

Puppyroach said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Well tell your friends this. " I hope that you have enjoyed supporting a buisness model, which will one day lead to the destruction of gaming ". Please do not buy an Xbox One because of Ea Access, in a year's time you willl regret it because Ea will always find a way how to screw over the consumer.

Well, that argument kind of strengthens their choice then, considering Sony was first at launching this kind of subcription model...

OT: I think it might help a bit in the US, but not elsewhere much.

Yep, you are so right sir. I guess Xbox live did not exist before .

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

I completely believe that EAA was why your friends got the XB1. OMG sooo much value!!!!!

BMaker11 said:
dreamcast210 said:
All the negativity people have toward EA Access reminds me of the original Xbox days when Splinter Cell 2 had some DLC come out and it cost $5. People were up in arms complaining, saying they wouldn't buy it.

Fast forward to now and few expect not to pay for DLC. It's a standard.

EA Access (more likely something akin to it in a subscription model) is a future we'll all come to accept in five years. Get over it.

Yea, the above is standard now. And it sucks. Don't tell people to "get over it" when we see a shitty practice coming from miles away. You know what happened when you "got over it"? On-disc DLC; content already on the disc, locked behind a paywall. DLC for Day 1 purchases; punishing people for not buying the game at launch. DLC planned before the game even releases; content which they could have just put into the game that's still being developed. Being complacent and "getting over it" allowed this crap to become the norm.

If bullshit is preventable, then you should fight against it by all means, not "get over it" and let it become standard. Otherwise, the Xbox One, for example, would have its original vision fulfilled and we'd all have to just "deal with it" being the standard for video games, moving forward. Imagine how you'd react if the attitude to 24-hour check in and other forms of DRM was "get over it". Actually, I'm pretty sure that's what MS said (well if you can't deal with XBone and 24 hour check-ins, we still have a great platform called Xbox 360) and there was outrage.

All that matters is money. That's it. Fight something all you want, nothing is going to happen unless the corporation making the money starts losing it. That's what happened with the Xbox One. The preorders went down the toilet and the PS4 was raised up to be the savior of the console race. So Microsoft had to change their tune.

Mob psychology is a funny thing. The mob of people all have to move in the same direction to make a change happen. No single person's protest on a matter will change anything.  And in this case, as has been established in other forms of entertainment like movies and music, the mob will speak with their wallets. Their wallets are going to accept this change.

So keep fighting your fight. But it's a pointless fight because you're at the mercy of the thinking of the entire video game playing population that consists of casual and hardcore players. That's why I say, "Get over it.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Mr.Playstation said:
Puppyroach said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Well tell your friends this. " I hope that you have enjoyed supporting a buisness model, which will one day lead to the destruction of gaming ". Please do not buy an Xbox One because of Ea Access, in a year's time you willl regret it because Ea will always find a way how to screw over the consumer.

Well, that argument kind of strengthens their choice then, considering Sony was first at launching this kind of subcription model...

OT: I think it might help a bit in the US, but not elsewhere much.

Yep, you are so right sir. I guess Xbox live did not exist before .

He means PS+. Giving games for a subscription. 

While it might mean great deal to you, I do not see something like this moving the needle in any significant way.

Around the Network

Do the same ubisoft? Do you really want every major publisher to offer this deal?

Must be huge EA fans.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Not sure about this being a system seller :)
But there is a good value there for sure.

EA access seems pretty awesome. Im thinking about getting it just to play madden.

Madden 25? That's fine if you like playing last years game.