By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Access is a system seller.

Yes and no.

On one side its x amount of games at 30 a year, awesome.

But on the other its more cost and for content limited to one publisher.

Around the Network

Doubtful. Then again, it seems everything on x1 is deemed a system seller messiah until it fails

You pay a subscription fee to pay EA games... That's not a system seller

celador said:
It doesn't get much more anecdotal than that

Haha yea that's true, but two is more than zero and I'msure more will think this way.

Umm PS4 even with Ea access has more games, if you factor in ps now .... No see weekly sales..ea access wont do anything in the grand scheme of things.

Around the Network

Its not a system seller at all. Its good if you have the Xbone and want it, but no it is not going to compelling enough to cause people to buy consoles. Secondly, any service outside of Xbox Live is secondary on the payment scale. I think you're just trying to hype it up because its exclusive and its not gaining any true natural hype.

Goatseye said:
Xenostar said:

If Fifa 15 is on there at all its definaltey a demo, im guessing you mean the soon to be £2 in every second hand store Fifa 14 

Still can't beat the deal.

You can certainly try. Look at certain posters here talking shit about it. Laughable to see them exaggerate and try so hard

Jazz2K said:
celador said:
It doesn't get much more anecdotal than that

Haha yea that's true, but two is more than zero and I'msure more will think this way.

Maybe, but they don't really seem to be advertising much, I wonder how many of the 'casual' market even know that it exists right now

Nicklesbe said:
Xenostar said:

Yeah it is a good deal on the whole,

I do fear what it has already brought, that you have to pay for demos, and this type of service being implemented by every other publisher to the point where to play games you have to subscribe. And it ends up being a hellish place to be. 

We already sub to play online, now subbing per publisher could just get awful very quickly. 

Also if anything it will prevent people with limited budgets from buying games from that publisher ever again and will likely push more people to the already cheap and easy mobile market.

Limited budget is the reason they went with EAA. Why would they stop buying games from that publisher exactly? The first months are when a game sells the most, after that nobody buys them (unless they're Mario games).

I am just confused why some people think EA Access is just "demos".

Demos are not EVEN a part of EA ACCESS at all..

1. Full Access to VAULT Games.. Which include Battlefield 4, MADDEN 25, Fifa 14, Peggle 2 and son Need For Speed Rivals. Using GAMESTOPS USED PRICING.. This is $145 is games.. used price.. for $29.99 a year.. and more games will be added..

2. Access to FULL Game 5 days before release.. Usually 6 hour gameplay (but may vary). Again... NOT A DEMO.. FULL ACCESS to the game for a period BEFORE release of the game.

3. 10% EA games and DLC. So if you decide to buy game you get 10% off.

So. again.. DEMOs are not even a part of EA Access.. Vault Games, Full Access Preview, and discount.

$29.99 a year.. saves you $114 dollars the first day..

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m