By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Access is a system seller.

Will you guys be getting Activision and Ubisoft access. Both have already expressed interest to Microsoft.

Around the Network

I think the EA deal is good because honestly games like Madden and FIFA and NHL you just want around the case especially when friends are over, it's generally the go to game that guys want to play. I usually end up buying one version of FIFA/NHL/Madden every 2-3 years just to make sure there's a copy around the house mostly for occassions like that, so that service would work well for me.

Your 2 friends=Everyone deciding between a XB1 and a PS4

cpg716 said:
Playstation_prophet said:
Is this place full of trolls or what? EA access a SYSTEM SELLER? EA access isn't a good value and is a way for EA to drain every penny from you.

Hiding demos that were free in the past to create false value is a system seller?

How does saving $114 dollars the first day you sign up for EA Access not a good value?    The USED pricing (Gamestop) for all the titles you get in the Vault is $144.99..  USED.. not NEW..        and you pay $29.99 for one full year of access..   plus get 10% off new purchases ($5.00 savings each game) and FREE PREVIEW access to Games BEFORE they come out.. (for limited peiod)  ..        There was no Madden demo at all..  so it was "hidden"   EA Access got 6 hour free preview access before release.. there is a NHL 15 avilable to EVERYONE now..  nothing to do with EA ACCESS.  

People who keep saying it is not of VALUE seem to be confused as to what EA Access is.

$144 value if you don't have a brain and a PC.  Most people do and decided agains't EA access. 6 hr access is a DEMO and the demo was free in the past. It is a false value. 10% off new purchases? Who buys a game for regular MSRP? Again, people without a brain or PC. Bestbuy, Amazon, Target etc all offer better incentives for pre-ordering titles than 10% off. Most EA titles are $10/$15 after the first two weeks anyway. So once agian, theres NO VALUE in EA access

After a quick 2 minute search on Ebay, I can buy Madden 15 for $49.99 with free shipping. A better value.

dreamcast210 said:
All the negativity people have toward EA Access reminds me of the original Xbox days when Splinter Cell 2 had some DLC come out and it cost $5. People were up in arms complaining, saying they wouldn't buy it.

Fast forward to now and few expect not to pay for DLC. It's a standard.

EA Access (more likely something akin to it in a subscription model) is a future we'll all come to accept in five years. Get over it.

Haven't paid for any DLC ever and won't pay for EA access.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

It will sell some consoles, sure.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

That's just psplus for fifa/madden fans ...

So yeah system seller.

RenCutypoison said:
That's just psplus for fifa/madden fans ...

So yeah system seller.

I have EA Access and dont play Fifa or Madden.

Playstation_prophet said:
cpg716 said:

How does saving $114 dollars the first day you sign up for EA Access not a good value?    The USED pricing (Gamestop) for all the titles you get in the Vault is $144.99..  USED.. not NEW..        and you pay $29.99 for one full year of access..   plus get 10% off new purchases ($5.00 savings each game) and FREE PREVIEW access to Games BEFORE they come out.. (for limited peiod)  ..        There was no Madden demo at all..  so it was "hidden"   EA Access got 6 hour free preview access before release.. there is a NHL 15 avilable to EVERYONE now..  nothing to do with EA ACCESS.  

People who keep saying it is not of VALUE seem to be confused as to what EA Access is.

$144 value if you don't have a brain and a PC.  Most people do and decided agains't EA access. 6 hr access is a DEMO and the demo was free in the past. It is a false value. 10% off new purchases? Who buys a game for regular MSRP? Again, people without a brain or PC. Bestbuy, Amazon, Target etc all offer better incentives for pre-ordering titles than 10% off. Most EA titles are $10/$15 after the first two weeks anyway. So once agian, theres NO VALUE in EA access

After a quick 2 minute search on Ebay, I can buy Madden 15 for $49.99 with free shipping. A better value.

I don't think you need to insult anyone interested in the service.

Secondly just because someone has a PC doesn't mean they'll use it to play/buy games on it. Who are "most people".

6h access of Madden wasn't a demo. It was the entire game that you could play for 6h to see if you liked the game or not. The entire game means the same game you get when you buy it not some gimped demo where you could only chose between 2 teams and had limited options. But of course you can choose to ignore these facts, it's pretty common around here to just pick parts of the info and deal with it anyway you want.

10% is nice, they didn't have to offer it yet they did. Why spit on it?

And frankly, I'm surprised how fierce some are towards EAA. 30$ for 5 games and more will be added during the year and it's bad and money sucking? What exactly do I have to pay after I paid the 30$ that will suck my money?

From the definition of some people if it sells one console it is a system seller... so maybe this is as well...

The only publishers I would get this kind of deal (if enough games were there) would be Ninty and Sony... no 3rd party have enough games to make me sign.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."