By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has twice as many games released as Xbox One

Your thoughts?

The best place to play 352 77.53%

Those games don't count, so it haz no gaemz. 101 22.25%

Total:453
LudicrousSpeed said:
enditall727 said:

Yea, you have to say that "PS4 has no games i want" when compared to the X1.. Which i'm not sure if you were trying to do or not

Nope, really don't. It's clear what anyone is meaning when they say that.

People ask me all the time why I don't have a PS4 yet. I always reply: no games. They seem to understand just fine. Many of them say the same thing about Xbone. That's fine. I don't point out to them that actually there are many games you can buy right now on an Xbox One.

So in this comment, you're claiming that people understand when you say PS4 has no games but just a couple comments ago, you were basically claiming that people didn't understand by saying " i don't know why people get confused by that moniker"

WTF make up your mind man! Lol

That's why i said that you have to tell them that it doesn't have games that you want if they get confused.

Around the Network

So now does everybody agree with me? I made a similar argument with PS3 vs 360-- whole library (exclusives, indies, multi-plat, casual, etc) vs whole library. People tried to rip me a new asshole! They said "Only exclusive hardcore games count". Now that the pendulum has swung in Sony's direction, can we all agree that it's all about what your console can play and not about what's shared with PC/ Portables/Last gen?

d21lewis said:
So now does everybody agree with me? I made a similar argument with PS3 vs 360-- whole library (exclusives, indies, multi-plat, casual, etc) vs whole library. People tried to rip me a new asshole! They said "Only exclusive hardcore games count". Now that the pendulum has swung in Sony's direction, can we all agree that it's all about what your console can play and not about what's shared with PC/ Portables/Last gen?

The only people who did or do disagree are the ones trying to make their postion more favorable. Me I feel that ALL games on a console count not just freaking retail "AAA" games....when people say that I just cringe lol. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

d21lewis said:

Fuck no! Lol =P

It depends on who is talking about it and if it's a fanboy war. If an individual is talking exclusives then that's one thing, if they're trying to get strict and talk exclusives that aren't found on other consoles, then that's another.

But imo, i dont count remakes and games that are on last gen consoles when looking to buy one. I only see the next gen games built for these next gen consoles. I'm not dropping $400-$500 on a brand new console to play a bunch of last gen games. LBP3, for example, hasn't released yet but i still view it as a PS3 game.

I have Garden Warfare and will be getting Destiny with my white PS4 and like i said earlier in the thread, it hurt my soul to get these games on PS4. I decided to get Garden Warfare because i know a couple females who got it on PS4 and Destiny is coming free with the PS4. But that's just me..

crissindahouse said:

Yeah and Xbox 360 had probably some thousand more games as PS3 and many still said that Xbox 360 has no games. You can count every single game but yeah...

If quantity would be a great measurement I would play only on my phone. 

Also funny that I have twice as many games on Steam as PS4 has as whole library. Shows that the amount of games doesn't say much. 

You're just making stuff up.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
enditall727 said:

So in this comment, you're claiming that people understand when you say PS4 has no games but just a couple comments ago, you were basically claiming that people didn't understand by saying " i don't know why people get confused by that moniker"

WTF make up your mind man! Lol

That's why i said that you have to tell them that it doesn't have games that you want if they get confused.

People online understand it just fine too, the moniker just bothers them so they feign ignorance.

Lengthy post after lengthy post, and all in the name of proving reality wrong.

The PS4 has more games.

The PS5 Exists. 

Captain_Tom said:
And this is why the PS4 is beating the Xbox One by so much. With the removal of Kinect there is literally no reason for people to own the X1.

More games, higher rated games, better looking games, and cheaper online. GG MS...

What a clownish post. Unbelievable. Point me in the direction of Gears Halo and Killer Instinct. No reason at all this dude says. The blind following is so sad.

d21lewis said:

It's just console wars so no, there won't be any agreeing. Last year when I was replying to thread after thread about how MS was completely ignoring the 360 with talk of games like Battleblock and State of Decay and Shogun, the posts were considered jokes because indie and downloadable games don't count. Now they apparently make or break a console.

It's all relative to what your company is focusing on.

CGI-Quality said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Tell me when either console has a good list of quality retail exclusives, which is the reason I bought my Xbone and PS4 for, not Indie games. (I like the occasional indie game (Minecraft, No Mans Sky, Ori, and Inside. Making them out to be a big part of the platforms is annoying imo)

Edit: I know No Mans Sky, Ori, and Inside aren't out yet, I listed them because I know they'll end up being good games and games that I buy.

If the PS4 was only ahead because of Indie games, I'd side with your sentiments. However, all the OP has done is attempt to silence the belief that the X1 has more games than the PS4, be they retail or otherwise.

The reason for the "PS4 has no games" talk is because there is a perception that the system doesn't have many games for it because people don't give a shit about Indie titles or know they are even there.