Your thoughts?

The best place to play 352 77.53%

Those games don't count, so it haz no gaemz. 101 22.25%

Total:453
Landguy said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
POE said:
Quantity V.S. Quality.

Going by Metacritic, PS4 is way ahead in both.

Clearly, the PS4 has more games available on it.  No debate there.

But, if your going to use Metacritic, which is just a compilation of others opinions, you make your point kind of mute. The total is black and white.   The listing of a group of opinions is not a definition in itself. What is the total of games that released a retail release on the PS4/XB1 and their combined ratings? Then you could list a crapload of ports that are only being ported because they were popular on another format.  For the ports, they would mostly have good ratings or they wouldn't have sold well and they wouldn't be ported to begin with.  The numbers are skewed either way.  The only games list that MOST people care about are the system exclusives.  Not the ports or minigames, even though they are nice to have when the gaps between major releases happen(first 18 months of any console launch). 

Nobody will convince me that any significant amount of buyers are getting any of the 3(PS4/XB1/WiiU) 8th gen systems for the indies and ports.  The metacritic scores are mostly meaningless to buyers(look at COD/BF/AC games or Flappy Bird) of games.  Even then, critics score games based on the intent of the game, meaning that they consider that it is a port or indie game and rate it against games of that nature.

If someone doesn't have a cell phone or tablet or PC, then the other games have a lot more value and might actually sell to them.  The problem is, that most people  have one of those three items.  Most of the indies/ports are available that way or have a nearly identical game to it.  There are MILLIONS of games available to those 3 platforms. 

The point of this OP isn't proving anything.  People already know that if they are going to buy a PS4 or XB1, its about the retail games.  Of the retail games, it's only the AAA that really matter.  With that in mind, both systems are very similar.  For this list to make sense, I would have to sell 3 cell phones, 4 computers, 4 tablets in my home before i would start to care for most of the titles for either of the 2 systems.

Wow.... sony/ms/nintendo needs to find you and put you in charge of their PR department.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Landguy said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
POE said:
Quantity V.S. Quality.

Going by Metacritic, PS4 is way ahead in both.

Clearly, the PS4 has more games available on it.  No debate there.

But, if your going to use Metacritic, which is just a compilation of others opinions, you make your point kind of mute. The total is black and white.   The listing of a group of opinions is not a definition in itself. What is the total of games that released a retail release on the PS4/XB1 and their combined ratings? Then you could list a crapload of ports that are only being ported because they were popular on another format.  For the ports, they would mostly have good ratings or they wouldn't have sold well and they wouldn't be ported to begin with.  The numbers are skewed either way.  The only games list that MOST people care about are the system exclusives.  Not the ports or minigames, even though they are nice to have when the gaps between major releases happen(first 18 months of any console launch). 

Nobody will convince me that any significant amount of buyers are getting any of the 3(PS4/XB1/WiiU) 8th gen systems for the indies and ports.  The metacritic scores are mostly meaningless to buyers(look at COD/BF/AC games or Flappy Bird) of games.  Even then, critics score games based on the intent of the game, meaning that they consider that it is a port or indie game and rate it against games of that nature.

If someone doesn't have a cell phone or tablet or PC, then the other games have a lot more value and might actually sell to them.  The problem is, that most people  have one of those three items.  Most of the indies/ports are available that way or have a nearly identical game to it.  There are MILLIONS of games available to those 3 platforms. 

The point of this OP isn't proving anything.  People already know that if they are going to buy a PS4 or XB1, its about the retail games.  Of the retail games, it's only the AAA that really matter.  With that in mind, both systems are very similar.  For this list to make sense, I would have to sell 3 cell phones, 4 computers, 4 tablets in my home before i would start to care for most of the titles for either of the 2 systems.

Wow.... sony/ms/nintendo needs to find you and put you in charge of their PR department.

What's your point?

If you look at their PR, it matches what I just said.  The only one of the 3 pimping the indies and ports is Sony.  Even then, they spend only stage time and interviews talking about them, they don't spend $$$ advertising them.

To the masses, AAA is what sells consoles.

It is near the end of the end....

enditall727 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Cool beans.

As soon as it gets a game worth buying, I'll own one. So for me the PS4 still has no games. Not sure why people get so confused on that moniker.

This is why you have to say "PS4 has no games i want" because saying that it has no games in general would be a lie.

I will be getting a PS4 on the 9th with Destiny and it doesn't have that many games i specifically want either right now. I'm trying my best to avoid games that will also be released on Last Gen consoles. I already have PVZ Garden Warfare, Infamous Second Son and Knack.

It hurt my soul to get Garden Warfare and Destiny on PS4 because i can get them on PS3. So games like Little Big Planet 3 and Titanfall dont appeal to me much because they are on last gen consoles. So uhh yea 

Not really, because it should be common sense that when someone says "PS4 has no games" they're are not literally stating in a factual manner that the Playstation 4 console has 0 games released for it.

The complaining and confusion about this moniker is surprising to me, especially considering many of the people throughout the Internet acting put off by it, were the same people saying things like "360 has no games" during 2012/2013. Which, funny enough, 360 actually had plenty of these downloadable indie type games the same people now champion on PS4. It's the circle of life I guess. I am glad they have finally come around to realizing indie/downloadable titles are good games.

LudicrousSpeed said:
enditall727 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Cool beans.

As soon as it gets a game worth buying, I'll own one. So for me the PS4 still has no games. Not sure why people get so confused on that moniker.

This is why you have to say "PS4 has no games i want" because saying that it has no games in general would be a lie.

I will be getting a PS4 on the 9th with Destiny and it doesn't have that many games i specifically want either right now. I'm trying my best to avoid games that will also be released on Last Gen consoles. I already have PVZ Garden Warfare, Infamous Second Son and Knack.

It hurt my soul to get Garden Warfare and Destiny on PS4 because i can get them on PS3. So games like Little Big Planet 3 and Titanfall dont appeal to me much because they are on last gen consoles. So uhh yea 

Not really, because it should be common sense that when someone says "PS4 has no games" they're are not literally stating in a factual manner that the Playstation 4 console has 0 games released for it.

The complaining and confusion about this moniker is surprising to me, especially considering many of the people throughout the Internet acting put off by it, were the same people saying things like "360 has no games" during 2012/2013. Which, funny enough, 360 actually had plenty of these downloadable indie type games the same people now champion on PS4. It's the circle of life I guess. I am glad they have finally come around to realizing indie/downloadable titles are good games.

They would be(unknowingly) talking about the support from the company on the retail side.

If you look at PS4, Sony has supported PS4 with Knack, Killzone shadowfall, Infamous Second Son and MLB The Show so far(excluding remakes). You brought up Microsoft so lets look at what MS has supported X1 with on the retail side. We would have Forza 5, Kinect Sports Rivals and.. That's about it. So we see that Sony has supported PS4 more so than MS has their Xbox One. when talking exclusives, PS4 has Knack, Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous Second Son and X1 has only Forza 5 and Kinect Sports Rivals on the retail side.

Also, 360 in 2012, 2013 didn't really receive support from MS from what i remember but i could be wrong.

And all those people who championed Indie games on the 360 seem to have forgot how important they used to be just as fast as how you say PS4 people champion them now when they didn't on ps3. 

It seems that it is just only something used that fits an individuals argument on some fanboy type shit

But why listen to fanboys?

Yea, you have to say that "PS4 has no games i want" when compared to the X1.. Which i'm not sure if you were trying to do or not

kinisking said:
Aura7541 said:
NeoRatt said:
Aura7541 said:

But you said the X1 was catching up to the PS4 on indies.... Apparently not with that kind of reaction. Welp, looks like PS4 isn't overhyped and is offering more than the X1, even for this fall and holiday.

More <> better...

Especially when more is recycled PC indie games...

Ah ah ah. Making lame excuses again. Some of those PS4 indies I've mentioned aren't even on PC. Also, these so-called "recycled PC indie games" are still good games that aren't on the X1. Well, at least you've admitted that you're wrong on X1 catching up to the PS4 on indies, but moving goalposts.... that's another matter.

You should heed your own advice on Guilty Gear. More =/= Better. You literally shot your own argument when you said that.

More and better (PS4) >>> less and worse (X1)

It's not about the quantity of games. It's about which system has more games you want. Not games there is. Would you rather have 10 ugly women or 3hot women. Replace women with men if you prefer that.

Actually the better question would be, would you like some pasta, rosemary chicken, salad, and garlic bread, or would you like a hamburger, a hamburger, a hamburger, and another hamburger? That is what the PS4 library and X1 library represents, respectively. One offers a lot more variety of flavors while the other is monotonous. Like how people will get tired of eating the same kind of food everytime, people will get tired of playing the games of the same genre everytime. The PS4 offers games that cover several different genres, not just a select few.

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:

Agreed.  Quantity over quality every time...

But, it is also about the new experiences...  The women analogy can apply but it gets kind of weird...

As for the new consoles... When you compare quality of new game experiences none really shine...  Goes back to the Recycle Generation comment... Most indie games released to date are on other platforms. Then, most 3rd party retail games are mostly multiplatform...  In the end there are only a few experiences that you can only get on PS4, XB1, or Wii U... 

I have paid over $2,000 in consoles so far this generation and over $4,000 in games across those consoles... None have made me run out and say, "If you don't buy this console you are crazy".  If I was on the sidelines I would stay on the sidelines at least another year for the inveitable price drops and more new content to arrive.

Well the PS4 covers both quality and quantity, so I'm not sure what you're trying to get at...

Let's review your several mishaps:

• You lied about the X1 catching up to the PS4 on indies. As soon as I mentioned that PS4 had some indies coming up for the rest of 2014, you replied with "I haven't mentioned any indies...".
  • You lied about the current Sony announcing all their games too early by a year or more. Most of their delayed games were delayed for a few months. The only game that was delayed for a long time was Driveclub. You even went as far as to claim that The Last of Us was announced for 2011 and was delayed until 2013.
  • Ninsect and I gave a really huge list of announced games for the PS4-only, Playstation-only, or PS4/PC only. You decided to move the goalposts and tried to limit to only games from now to the end of 2014. Doesn't work that way, bud.
  • When you tried to make a list that matched Ninsect's, you just gave a bunch of random titles no one has even heard about. Seriously, Fruit Ninja 2?Halo Channel?Goat Simulator?!! Heck, you even put Tomb Raider to inflate that list even though it'll eventually be out on PS4 and PC.
  • You claimed that Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- isn't good despite never playing it while people who have played it in demos during E3, for instance, had positive feedback on the game. Doesn't matter if the previous titles weren't good. The impressions of the demo of Xrd were positive.
  • You also lied about PS3 fans making the rule that "digital games don't count." Mike_L gave you a nice long list of games he downloaded on his PS3.
  • You gave a horrible analogy by comparing the PS4 to a car frame. However, a car and the PS4 are machines. Thus, they should be compared at their entireties. If you want to compare the PS4 to a car frame, only compare the PS4's plastic casing, for goodness sakes!!
  • It's pretty darn clear that the PS4 is not overhyped because otherwise, you wouldn't have done all of the above. You were merely trying to fabricate a lie no one believed whatsoever.

Overall, the PS4 still has the better offerings for the rest of 2014. Halo MCC, Forza Horizon 2, and Sunset Overdrive vs. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, Driveclub, LittleBigPlanet 3, Natural Doctrine, and Samurai Warriors 4. On top of that, the PS4 will have exclusive content for Destiny for a year and for Far Cry 4 where another person can join his/her playthrough online without having to own the game. The PS4 gets the better performing multiplats as icing on the cake. One console has a repetitive theme while the other is multidimensional. Consumers are going to stick with the one that offers a lot more diversity, quantity, and quality. Not bad for an "overhyped" console.

Aura7541 said:
NeoRatt said:

But, it is also about the new experiences...  The women analogy can apply but it gets kind of weird...

As for the new consoles... When you compare quality of new game experiences none really shine...  Goes back to the Recycle Generation comment... Most indie games released to date are on other platforms. Then, most 3rd party retail games are mostly multiplatform...  In the end there are only a few experiences that you can only get on PS4, XB1, or Wii U... 

I have paid over $2,000 in consoles so far this generation and over $4,000 in games across those consoles... None have made me run out and say, "If you don't buy this console you are crazy".  If I was on the sidelines I would stay on the sidelines at least another year for the inveitable price drops and more new content to arrive.

Well the PS4 covers both quality and quantity, so I'm not sure what you're trying to get at...

• You lied about the X1 catching up to the PS4 on indies. As soon as I mentioned that PS4 had some indies coming up for the rest of 2014, you replied with "I haven't mentioned any indies...".
  • You lied about the current Sony announcing all their games too early by a year or more. Most of their delayed games were delayed for a few months. The only game that was delayed for a long time was Driveclub. You even went as far as to claim that The Last of Us was announced for 2011 and was delayed until 2013.
  • Ninsect and I gave a really huge list of announced games for the PS4-only, Playstation-only, or PS4/PC only. You decided to move the goalposts and tried to limit to only games from now to the end of 2014. Doesn't work that way, bud.
  • When you tried to make a list that matched Ninsect's, you just gave a bunch of random titles no one has even heard about. Seriously, Fruit Ninja 2?Halo Channel?Goat Simulator?!! Heck, you even put Tomb Raider to inflate that list even though it'll eventually be out on PS4 and PC.
  • You claimed that Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- isn't good despite never playing it while people who have played it in demos during E3, for instance, had positive feedback on the game. Doesn't matter if the previous titles weren't good. The impressions of the demo of Xrd were positive.
  • You also lied about PS3 fans making the rule that "digital games don't count." Mike_L gave you a nice long list of games he downloaded on his PS3.
  • You gave a horrible analogy by comparing the PS4 to a car frame. However, a car and the PS4 are machines. Thus, they should be compared at their entireties. If you want to compare the PS4 to a car frame, only compare the PS4's plastic casing, for goodness sakes!!
  • It's pretty darn clear that the PS4 is not overhyped because otherwise, you wouldn't have done all of the above. You were merely trying to fabricate a lie no one believed whatsoever.

Overall, the PS4 still has the better offerings for the rest of 2014. Halo MCC, Forza Horizon 2, and Sunset Overdrive vs. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-, Driveclub, LittleBigPlanet 3, Natural Doctrine, and Samurai Warriors 4. On top of that, the PS4 will have exclusive content for Destiny for a year and for Far Cry 4 where another person can join his/her playthrough online without having to own the game. The PS4 gets the better performing multiplats as icing on the cake. One console has a repetitive theme while the other is multidimensional. Consumers are going to stick with the one that offers a lot more diversity, quantity, and quality. Not bad for an "overhyped" console.

Let's cool the tone down just a shade.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Just let the games speak for them selves as they release.

Aura7541 said:
NeoRatt said:

Let me make myself clear...

X1 will release just as many indie games as PS4 by the end of 2014...

There are no lies on Sony's delays...  Where is last guardian (5 years), The Agent (5 years), Killzone 2 was demo'd at E3 in 2005 (3 years before it actually shipped), Drive Club (delayed one year)... TLOU was demod at E3 2012 as a holiday game but shipped in May-June 2013...  Beyond was supposed to be a spring 2013 game but ended up moving to fall. 

MS has announced just as many games as sony both in 2014 and 2015...  Go look at the conferences ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ANNOUNCEMENT.

As for games lists that is petty...  What counts is what actually ships.

I have played previous Guilty Gears.  I was very clear that my views were based on the IP history.  I didn't claim I know anything about the new one.

Sony gamers last generation made the rules about digital games and I was very clear that...

Analogies are analogies... You might not have been able to figure out but I know many others did because the PM'd me thanking me.  They just are tired of dealing with the Sony gamers always piling onto them with every non-postive sony comment.

The PS4 is over-hyped, and I made it clear several times in this thread that I feel every console in this gen is over-hyped.  It is only sony fans that are questioning that in this thread...  What is so wrong with you guys admitting that you wasted $400 for recycled games?  I did...

"The best" is a matter of opinion... So, far after buying and playing every game this generation on ALL consoles I think Sony has done the worst job...  But, none of the consoles are doing great so when you compare crap to crap there is not much difference... 

You can try and say I lied, but I was straight up all the way...

NeoRatt said:
Aura7541 said:

Let me make myself clear...

X1 will release just as many indie games as PS4 by the end of 2014...

There are no lies on Sony's delays...  Where is last guardian (5 years), The Agent (5 years), Killzone 2 was demo'd at E3 in 2005 (3 years before it actually shipped), Drive Club (delayed one year)... TLOU was demod at E3 2012 as a holiday game but shipped in May-June 2013...  Beyond was supposed to be a spring 2013 game but ended up moving to fall. 

MS has announced just as many games as sony both in 2014 and 2015...  Go look at the conferences ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ANNOUNCEMENT.

As for games lists that is petty...  What counts is what actually ships.

I have played previous Guilty Gears.  I was very clear that my views were based on the IP history.  I didn't claim I know anything about the new one.

Sony gamers last generation made the rules about digital games and I was very clear that...

Analogies are analogies... You might not have been able to figure out but I know many others did because the PM'd me thanking me.  They just are tired of dealing with the Sony gamers always piling onto them with every non-postive sony comment.

The PS4 is over-hyped, and I made it clear several times in this thread that I feel every console in this gen is over-hyped.  It is only sony fans that are questioning that in this thread...  What is so wrong with you guys admitting that you wasted $400 for recycled games?  I did...

"The best" is a matter of opinion... So, far after buying and playing every game this generation on ALL consoles I think Sony has done the worst job...  But, none of the consoles are doing great so when you compare crap to crap there is not much difference... 

You can try and say I lied, but I was straight up all the way...

You were very dishonest in your posts and people can easily look back to see them. It's as clear as day. You made up a lot of things that weren't true just so that they could fit your argument that "the PS4 is overhyped". For instance, MS did not match Sony announcement for announcement. Your very own list proves that when compared to Ninsect's and mine. The majority of people called you out on that and obviously, you denied because you made such extreme and outrageous of a claim. The PS4 is not overhyped and saying all consoles are overyhyped doesn't omit you from being called out for saying unreasonable things. The PS4 may not be for you, but it doesn't mean it's not for everyone else. To you (and only you, for that matter. No one else has really sided with you.), the PS4 is overhyped. However, to the vast majority, the PS4 is not overhyped.