Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 has twice as many games released as Xbox One

Your thoughts?

The best place to play 352 77.53%

Those games don't count, so it haz no gaemz. 101 22.25%

Total:453
Troll_Whisperer said:
POE said:
Quantity V.S. Quality.

Going by Metacritic, PS4 is way ahead in both.

Clearly, the PS4 has more games available on it.  No debate there.

But, if your going to use Metacritic, which is just a compilation of others opinions, you make your point kind of mute. The total is black and white.   The listing of a group of opinions is not a definition in itself. What is the total of games that released a retail release on the PS4/XB1 and their combined ratings? Then you could list a crapload of ports that are only being ported because they were popular on another format.  For the ports, they would mostly have good ratings or they wouldn't have sold well and they wouldn't be ported to begin with.  The numbers are skewed either way.  The only games list that MOST people care about are the system exclusives.  Not the ports or minigames, even though they are nice to have when the gaps between major releases happen(first 18 months of any console launch). 

Nobody will convince me that any significant amount of buyers are getting any of the 3(PS4/XB1/WiiU) 8th gen systems for the indies and ports.  The metacritic scores are mostly meaningless to buyers(look at COD/BF/AC games or Flappy Bird) of games.  Even then, critics score games based on the intent of the game, meaning that they consider that it is a port or indie game and rate it against games of that nature.

If someone doesn't have a cell phone or tablet or PC, then the other games have a lot more value and might actually sell to them.  The problem is, that most people  have one of those three items.  Most of the indies/ports are available that way or have a nearly identical game to it.  There are MILLIONS of games available to those 3 platforms. 

The point of this OP isn't proving anything.  People already know that if they are going to buy a PS4 or XB1, its about the retail games.  Of the retail games, it's only the AAA that really matter.  With that in mind, both systems are very similar.  For this list to make sense, I would have to sell 3 cell phones, 4 computers, 4 tablets in my home before i would start to care for most of the titles for either of the 2 systems.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
NeoRatt said:
Aura7541 said:

But you said the X1 was catching up to the PS4 on indies.... Apparently not with that kind of reaction. Welp, looks like PS4 isn't overhyped and is offering more than the X1, even for this fall and holiday.

More <> better...

Especially when more is recycled PC indie games...

Ah ah ah. Making lame excuses again. Some of those PS4 indies I've mentioned aren't even on PC. Also, these so-called "recycled PC indie games" are still good games that aren't on the X1. Well, at least you've admitted that you're wrong on X1 catching up to the PS4 on indies, but moving goalposts.... that's another matter.

You should heed your own advice on Guilty Gear. More =/= Better. You literally shot your own argument when you said that.

More and better (PS4) >>> less and worse (X1)

It's not about the quantity of games. It's about which system has more games you want. Not games there is. Would you rather have 10 ugly women or 3hot women. Replace women with men if you prefer that

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

kinisking said:
Aura7541 said:

Ah ah ah. Making lame excuses again. Some of those PS4 indies I've mentioned aren't even on PC. Also, these so-called "recycled PC indie games" are still good games that aren't on the X1. Well, at least you've admitted that you're wrong on X1 catching up to the PS4 on indies, but moving goalposts.... that's another matter.

You should heed your own advice on Guilty Gear. More =/= Better. You literally shot your own argument when you said that.

It's not about the quantity of games. It's about which system has more games you want. Not games there is. Would you rather have 10 ugly women or 3hot women. Replace women with men if you prefer that

Agreed.  Quantity over quality every time...

But, it is also about the new experiences...  The women analogy can apply but it gets kind of weird...

As for the new consoles... When you compare quality of new game experiences none really shine...  Goes back to the Recycle Generation comment... Most indie games released to date are on other platforms. Then, most 3rd party retail games are mostly multiplatform...  In the end there are only a few experiences that you can only get on PS4, XB1, or Wii U... 

I have paid over $2,000 in consoles so far this generation and over $4,000 in games across those consoles... None have made me run out and say, "If you don't buy this console you are crazy".  If I was on the sidelines I would stay on the sidelines at least another year for the inveitable price drops and more new content to arrive.

Maciveli said:

It really should be simple logic for anyone to get around on, for many the PS4 version if not the best version its likely the only version available.  Sony already said many PS4 owners did not own a PS3 so to any of the 360 wii converts a game like TLoSR is the first time they have access to it.   Now you want to whine its a port go for it, but to most its the highest rated game on the 3 current consoles.  

I see the market for what it is, i have no bias like you clealry do.   Making stuff up to fit your feelings and by the wat you are using the wrong words, you seem to lack understaning what hype is and what it means.  

People don't care if they are ports indies or multi platform games, games are games.  And PS4 is leading in that depertment, thats all that matters and sales prove you wrong.  You can write an essey but a mere post of the sales numbers would nullyfy any argument you can possibly mount.  

lol...

10's of thousands of people are following ISIS does that make them right?

People install aesbestos insulation in homes for decades, did that make it right?

Almost everyone thought the earth was flat until about 500 years ago, did that make it right?

Numbers of people buying or believing anything is no measure for quality or success.

kinisking said:
Aura7541 said:
NeoRatt said:
Aura7541 said:

But you said the X1 was catching up to the PS4 on indies.... Apparently not with that kind of reaction. Welp, looks like PS4 isn't overhyped and is offering more than the X1, even for this fall and holiday.

More <> better...

Especially when more is recycled PC indie games...

Post of the thread right here.

Around the Network

Looks like all their indie courting really payed off. M$ dropped the ball on that front. Big time.

I do enjoy watching the mental gymnastics that go on in this forum to discount every game on the PS4.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

NeoRatt said:

I think XB fans are just laughing at sony fans for how they flip flop on how to count games all the time...  Remember, it was Sony fans that made the "digital games don't count" rule last gen, not Xbox fans...

I don't really know where you get that from? If someone truely believes this I don't agree with them. Trials HD and Limbo were a big part of why I rebought a 360 in 2010.

Indie games on your console can never be seen as a downside and even though not everyone loves them as much as I do they're great to have between big releases. I was excited to see lots of quality indies being announced for PS4 so I made this thread.

Indie games always mattered and that's why a lot of PS owners spammed the hell out of Sony and indie devs in hope to get certain games released for their console. Especially in the beginning of 7th gen Xbox 360 was the best place to find indies and many PS owners wanted those games on PS as well.

But eventually PS3 did receive an awful lot of great indie games as well you know. Maybe that's why it wasn't as big of a topic as it is now where PS4 without question is the place to go for indie games.

In my opinion only 3 important indie games are missing on the PS3 and that's Bastion, Super Meat Boy and Torchlight. There are more than 3 indie games I would've missed without a PS3. These are just the "indies" I own on the PS3:

Beat Hazard Ultra
Beyond Good and Evil
BIT.TRIP Runner 2
Bomberman ULTRA
Braid
Brothers
Castle Crashers
Castle of Illusion
Child of Light
Costume Quest
Crazy Taxi
Datura
Daytona USA
Dead Nation
DOOM 1+2
Ducktales: Remastered
Fat Princess
FEZ
Flow
Flower
From Dust
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Guacamelee!
Hotline Miami
Hydrophobia: Prophecy
Jet Set Radio
Joe Danger 1+2
Journey
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Limbo
Luftrausers
Machinarium
Max and the Magic Marker
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Minecraft
Oddworld: Stranger Boxx
Outland
Pac-Man Museum
PixelJunk Shooter+Monsters
Plants vs. Zombies
Quantum Conundrum
Retro City Rampage
Scott Pilgrim
Serious Sam 3
Shank 1+2
Shatter
Sideway: New York
Sine Mora
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1+2
Sound Shapes
Spelunky
Sportsfriends
Stacking
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
Strider
Super Stardust HD
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Terraria
The Cave
The Unfinished Swan
The Walking Dead
The Wolf Among Us
Thomas Was Alone
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD
TowerFall Ascension
Trine 1+2
Urban Trial: Freestyle
Where is my Heart?
Worms Revolution

Well, i see they both have games but some retail/digital multiplatform is a shovelware that came from PC/Xbox 360/PS3.

NeoRatt said:
Ninsect said:
NeoRatt said:

PS4 is over-hyped as well.  For every announcement at E3 MS had an equal announcement.  Same at Gamescom, and MS has already announced a lot of Japanese content so at TGS Sony is just catching up.  Name an announcement and I will counter every one with an equal X1 announcement.  It is just that people are only listening blindly to Sony right now.

Alright, let's start with Gamescom, match these:

The Tomorrow Children announced
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter announced
Volume announced
Hollowpoint announced, paradox partnership
DayZ PS4 announced
Hellblade announced
P.T. Horror game announced, AVAILABLE NOW
Update 2.0 detailed
Until Dawn re-announced for PS4, trailer
Tearaway Unfolded announced
Housemarque new game announced: Alienation
Wild announced

Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 announced

Tomb raider (timed) exclusivity announced

Goat Simulator announced

Media Play Update for new formats (including MKV) and external drive content and DLNA support

Halo channel announced

Screamride announced

Smite announced

Blues and Bullets announced

Cuphead announced

Dungeon of the Endless announced

Funk of Titans announced

Ghost of a Tale announced

Gunscape on X1 announced

Well I don't know about you but I CAN'T WAIT to play Halo Channel. That's my game of the generation son.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!