By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would You Be Okay If Nintendo Made Another New Super Mario Bros.?

Yeah or No

Yeah 105 49.07%

No 109 50.93%

Total:214

No, I don't want another one.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Gammalad said:
I am still waiting on New Super Mario World

That would be so awesome! I've been waiting for a true to sequel to Mario World for ages!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I most certainly would break out in cold sweats, hives, and stop breathing if this game was released. So no, I would be far from okay.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Not for at least 3 years, I still haven't gotten around to playing nsmb2 or super luigi yet even.

Rafie said:

You're missing the point. It's not about what what the character himself represents, it's seeing him/her on the forefront constantly. People will get tired of seeing that said character. I'm not speaking about not having Mario at all. Of course he should be there with Nintendo. He's the mascot! However, people do get tired of seeing him sometimes. Even Nintendo fans have admitted that. Nintendo has THEE most robust 1st party franchises out of all of the others, yet they continue to use Mario every chance they get. It's time for them to start using their other characters for games and such.

Now you said one of the Smash games is the best fighter of all time. No it isn't. I told you already Street Fighter holds that record. Wait I take that back....Tekken holds that record, then Street Fighter. The SF series in all total sales are more than Smash, let alone Tekken. Smash sales are impressive with only 3 games making about 21 million between the 3 games though.

We're gonna have to disagree on the Mario thing. Fans want more Mario as seen by the Splattoon + Mario reaction. They just don't want the same things to be repackaged.

Smash only has 3 releases. Tekken has more than 10 entries. Of course as a franchise it has sold more. However, Smash has gone up in popularity over the years while  Tekken has declined. Brawl is the highest selling fighting game, and Melee is so close to Tekken 3 that it's well within the margin of error that it could have sold more copies. Tekken's last few entries have been dropping off. Smash is currently the most popular fighting game franchise in the world.

Around the Network

If they have cool ideas like the Van Gogh inspired levels then I'd like it.

They should rebrand it and pour some of their soul into it. Maybe put the Tokyo teams at it. But continuing like they have been over the last years won't cut it.

Experimental42 said:
Rafie said:

You're missing the point. It's not about what what the character himself represents, it's seeing him/her on the forefront constantly. People will get tired of seeing that said character. I'm not speaking about not having Mario at all. Of course he should be there with Nintendo. He's the mascot! However, people do get tired of seeing him sometimes. Even Nintendo fans have admitted that. Nintendo has THEE most robust 1st party franchises out of all of the others, yet they continue to use Mario every chance they get. It's time for them to start using their other characters for games and such.

Now you said one of the Smash games is the best fighter of all time. No it isn't. I told you already Street Fighter holds that record. Wait I take that back....Tekken holds that record, then Street Fighter. The SF series in all total sales are more than Smash, let alone Tekken. Smash sales are impressive with only 3 games making about 21 million between the 3 games though.

We're gonna have to disagree on the Mario thing. Fans want more Mario as seen by the Splattoon + Mario reaction. They just don't want the same things to be repackaged.

Smash only has 3 releases. Tekken has more than 10 entries. Of course as a franchise it has sold more. However, Smash has gone up in popularity over the years while  Tekken has declined. Brawl is the highest selling fighting game, and Melee is so close to Tekken 3 that it's well within the margin of error that it could have sold more copies. Tekken's last few entries have been dropping off. Smash is currently the most popular fighting game franchise in the world.

Again...you're missing the point! You brought up sales in favor of Smash being the highest. I countered with Tekken (which I'm factually right in). I'm not discussing popularity progangda or anything like that.  It's irrelevant concerning this singular topic. Another thing, Smash is not the most popular fighting game franchise. It's ONE of them. The most popular goes to Street Fighter 4 ( Super, AE, AE2012,Ultra).

I won't argue Mario because I've seen lots of fans ask for him, and in the same breath detest that he's being "milked". I myself have barely seen anyone voice a concern over Mario not being in Splatoon. I'm also not saying that there wasn't some pushback of the idea of him not being in the game. I believe that's more to the idea of another Mario Sunshine game and the fact that they where packs like he did that he would be a perfect fit for the game.

Please don't think I'm being argumenative. I just have a different opinion than you do concerning these factors about Smash. I most definitely love Smash and I have every single Smash since 64. I, of course, will definitely be getting Smash U when it drops day 1. Thanks for being civil btw.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

What i wouldn`t give for another Super Mario Bros 2 kind of game.
Different story, world, mechanics, artstyle.

That`s what the next NSMB game should strive for.

I wouldn't mind another NSMB game, just not so close to the last one or wait until the next generation. I think it would be interesting to have a RPG Mario game for the Wii U. Nintendo could maximize the usage of the gamepad with it. If not then another game in the style of Mario 64 or Mario Galaxy.