By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would You Be Okay If Nintendo Made Another New Super Mario Bros.?

Yeah or No

Yeah 105 49.07%

No 109 50.93%

Total:214
Rafie said:

The bold in the post that you're replying to is what I believe he was ultimately saying. Also...he has a point. If Mario was the face of Splatoon, you would have gotten fans from others bashing it because they would say Nintendo can't do anything without Mario. Gotta give him a break here in there.  Think about if there was always something with Master Chief from Halo in different Xbox games, or something with Kratos in different PlayStation games. People would get burnt out by those characters. He's not saying don't ever do another Mario game. Just give Mario a rest for a bit before introducing another Mario game.

Oh and at your bolded. He's not the center of fighting games. That belongs to Street Fighter. Still Mario is popular in the field do to the brawler, Super Smash Bros.

Mario's different because he can be placed into absolutely any setting, whereas Kratos can't be in a space station nor Masterchief in a basketball game. There's no conflict with Mario being in anything. He can be used as a tool to launch a new IP as well. Quite frankly, there's no new Nintendo IP that wouldn't see a huge boost by featuring Mario in its first outing, and it wouldn't be unnatural for him to be there.

Also, the Smash Bros franchise has only three games, at the moment.One is the best selling fighter of all time, and two of the top 3 fighters are Smash. On top of that, Smash is one of the youngest franchises in the genre. Take the three best sellers from any fighting franchise and they don't compete in sales with the Smash series.

Around the Network

No I'm not okay with that, or even mario in general. Nintendo needs to ditch the plumber and move Kirby to the main stage.

Yeah, I want more 2D Mario. It would be better if they ditched the "new" theme though. And they really need to up the effort and originality. I want a true sequel like SMB3 or SMW, a game which pushes the boundaries of today, not yesterday.

Experimental42 said:
Rafie said:

The bold in the post that you're replying to is what I believe he was ultimately saying. Also...he has a point. If Mario was the face of Splatoon, you would have gotten fans from others bashing it because they would say Nintendo can't do anything without Mario. Gotta give him a break here in there.  Think about if there was always something with Master Chief from Halo in different Xbox games, or something with Kratos in different PlayStation games. People would get burnt out by those characters. He's not saying don't ever do another Mario game. Just give Mario a rest for a bit before introducing another Mario game.

Oh and at your bolded. He's not the center of fighting games. That belongs to Street Fighter. Still Mario is popular in the field do to the brawler, Super Smash Bros.

Mario's different because he can be placed into absolutely any setting, whereas Kratos can't be in a space station nor Masterchief in a basketball game. There's no conflict with Mario being in anything. He can be used as a tool to launch a new IP as well. Quite frankly, there's no new Nintendo IP that wouldn't see a huge boost by featuring Mario in its first outing, and it wouldn't be unnatural for him to be there.

Also, the Smash Bros franchise has only three games, at the moment.One is the best selling fighter of all time, and two of the top 3 fighters are Smash. On top of that, Smash is one of the youngest franchises in the genre. Take the three best sellers from any fighting franchise and they don't compete in sales with the Smash series.

You're missing the point. It's not about what what the character himself represents, it's seeing him/her on the forefront constantly. People will get tired of seeing that said character. I'm not speaking about not having Mario at all. Of course he should be there with Nintendo. He's the mascot! However, people do get tired of seeing him sometimes. Even Nintendo fans have admitted that. Nintendo has THEE most robust 1st party franchises out of all of the others, yet they continue to use Mario every chance they get. It's time for them to start using their other characters for games and such.

Now you said one of the Smash games is the best fighter of all time. No it isn't. I told you already Street Fighter holds that record. Wait I take that back....Tekken holds that record, then Street Fighter. The SF series in all total sales are more than Smash, let alone Tekken. Smash sales are impressive with only 3 games making about 21 million between the 3 games though.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

They need to change the art style v.v also I want the overworld maps to be as awesome as SMB3! NSMB maps for the most part are just straight lines with "secret" areas to the side. Or just remake SMB3 on the NSMB engine and add another set of levels and a few extra worlds... It wont happen though v.v

Around the Network

oh my gosh...!next super mario bros will come with the new handheld series(2017) and new home console(2017 or 2018) as always

I want Wario Land 5.

I want a new Mario Tennis, Mario Party, and Mario Strikers game, all with online mode support, on the Wii U.

I am still waiting on New Super Mario World

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

No, stop with that. Please move on.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile