By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - No Dutch speech recognition for Xbox One Kinect at launch

anamme said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Well I highly doubt there will be Maltese speech recognition at launch or at all, so what so special about the dutch.

Absolutely nothing special about the language, except that around 20 million people speak it. Compared to Maltese which about half a million people speak.

Yes, but in the grand scheme of things 20 million is not that much when comparing it to how many people know how to speak English, spanish and so on. Anyways dutch people usually know english too, so this probably won't be a problem.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Really not much of an issue, kinect has no real use outside of being supremely lazy currently.

I am shocked and disappointed!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Mr.Playstation said:

Yes, but in the grand scheme of things 20 million is not that much when comparing it to how many people know how to speak English, spanish and so on. Anyways dutch people usually know english too, so this probably won't be a problem.

True, the console's been on sale here in Belgium and Holland since it launched, eventhough they're considered tier 2 countries.

it will not be a big deal, the damn thing never listens to english anyways.

Around the Network

They only have themselved to blame. EU is truly lost for the xbox brand.

foodfather said:
They only have themselved to blame. EU is truly lost for the xbox brand.

Well that's true. But really i'd much rather Microsoft get it's act together and try and compete a little more. I mean i love Sony, but there ARE a company and they will get cocky if there is no worthy competitor. I wonder why no one else is entering the game market?

LiquorandGunFun said:
it will not be a big deal, the damn thing never listens to english anyways.

You should try Portuguese, it works 99% of the time.

That's dumb. A delay of almsot a year for nothing then.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Natuurlijk niet.

Dat is volgens mij ook bijna nooit zo bij dit soort apparaten, en als het er wel is werkt het niet echt denderend. Komt denk ik door onze gorgelende G's en rollende R'en. Daar snappen die Amerikanen natuurlijk helemaal niks van .