By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - No Dutch speech recognition for Xbox One Kinect at launch

celador said:
What exactly was the year wait for then?

This is one of the reasons they removed kinect.  So they could actually launch everywhere...

Around the Network

This type of thing seems to happen alot in the Netherlands. Scribblenauts usually takes a year to release a dutch version too.
Either way, the Xbox One has been widely available here for quite a long time, so its a launch only on paper anyways.

Jammer :(

To be fair they didn't completely have english recognition set either.(Both EU and NA). If you have a thick accent it won't recognize shit.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

shikamaru317 said:

MS does have 20 some odd Tier 2 countries and speech recognition is not exactly the easiest thing to do, it was inevitable that some tier 2 countries would have to wait longer.

This knowledge should have been there when they decided to make the Kinect mandatory for the X1, don't you agree? They corrected that later, but that's just some of the stuff i mean by them concentrating too much on the US..

Around the Network

Wait so people want Kinect now?

jlmurph2 said:

Some say some people need it. I doubt everyone hates it.

bubblegamer said:
jlmurph2 said:

Oh I love it, I was just under the impression that the Kinect was very unpopular with non-Xbox One owners. Also there's barely any games for it.

jlmurph2 said:
bubblegamer said:
jlmurph2 said:

Oh I love it, I was just under the impression that the Kinect was very unpopular with non-Xbox One owners. Also there's barely any games for it.

Yes, but the speech recognition gets advertized a lot so some people think they can operate the console with voice commands. But that's not possible in this case..

bubblegamer said:
jlmurph2 said:
bubblegamer said:
jlmurph2 said:

Yes, but the speech recognition gets advertized a lot so some people think they can operate the console with voice commands. But that's not possible in this case..

Not possible right now.