By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - No Dutch speech recognition for Xbox One Kinect at launch

Lafiel said:
GamechaserBE said:
Not really a big deal if it will update later...

as far as I remember MS' reason for not officially releasing the X1 in Benelux yet was because voice recognition wasn't ready, so people are amused that they are releasing it now, although it still isn't ready

I doubt it's a big deal for people who want the console

I hope you're aware that you're boldly implying that there are Dutch people who want the console.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
aikohualda said:

i think they will release the dutch voice recognition when they release the xbox one: orange edition.....

OMG, I want an orange Xbox. 

On topic: I don't care too much for the voice recognition part, since I prefer the English language over our ugly Dutch language any day of the week.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

anamme said:

Jammer :(

Ach, Nederlands is toch een lelijke taal. ^_^

NiKKoM said:
bubblegamer said:
NiKKoM said:
Does anyone play in dutch? I hated when some game automaticly go to dutch when your psn is account is dutch.. Beyond Good or Evil, Uncharted.. freck that

It's not about the games, it's about Kinect. The speech recognition, meaning Kinect has no use here still.

But they give us english like from groep 8? .. surely most of the dutch gamer speak english.. mom would be confused but not us..

I always play my games in English. Have my Xbox set to English as well, since Dutch is so horrible for games. Not as bad as German though. I played Batman in German (incl. voice acting) and it was hilarious.

JoeAncelotti said:
anamme said:

Dat is waar!

Around the Network

i remember the days before release and the Tier 2 delay

all due to "bad yields and Problems"
the localisation reason was just a bullshit lie from ms

like to see People get proven wrong

prinz_valium said:
i remember the days before release and the Tier 2 delay

all due to "bad yields and Problems"
the localisation reason was just a bullshit lie from ms

like to see People get proven wrong

So, why take so long?

According to VGChartz there are at least 800k shipped but unsold XOnes since later June. That is like 2 months WW of summer sales.

But any way, I thought people didn´t want Kinect after all and it supose to be no reason to have one.

Well I highly doubt there will be Maltese speech recognition at launch or at all, so what so special about the dutch.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

bubblegamer said:
JoeAncelotti said:
anamme said:

Dat is waar!

Maar niet zo lelijk als Duits ;)

Mr.Playstation said:
Well I highly doubt there will be Maltese speech recognition at launch or at all, so what so special about the dutch.

Absolutely nothing special about the language, except that around 20 million people speak it. Compared to Maltese which about half a million people speak.