By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo tweets list of upcoming Wii U games(2014/2015)

I doubt this list is accurate.

In interviews around E3, Miyamoto stated that he wanted to incorporate the two "Project" titles into Star Fox itself. There'll be a main story, with a mission structure like Star Fox or Star Fox 64, and then side stories utilising gameplay mechanics like those on display in the two prototypes. That's why there wasn't enough gameplay to sustain a full game; they're probably all going to be different parts of Star Fox.

I think this list is something NoA have mocked up without consulting Japan, based on what information they have so far. That's probably why it's being distributed across social media. I expect the list will largely be accurate, and 2015 should be a good one for Nintendo published titles on Wii U.

In Europe it's shaping up something like this:

Captain Toad (January)
Yoshi's Woolly World (Spring)
Mario Maker (First half)
Splatoon (First half)
Mario Party 10
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Star Fox
The Legend of Zelda

Add to that Mario vs Donkey Kong, Devil's Third, potentially Fire Emblem vs Shin Megami Tensei and Pokken Tournament, and at least one downloadable content pack for Mario Kart 8, and it's shaping up decently.

It'll be interesting to see if any delays or new announcements for 2015. My guess is some of the titles confirmed so far (most likely Pokken and Fire Emblem vs Shin Megami Tensei) will end up in 2016. My main worry is that some combination of Zelda, Star Fox and Xenoblade Chronicles X slip into 2016. Without such potentially high quality titles like that, and particularly without a heavy blockbuster like Zelda for the end of 2015, next year's Wii U line up could end up being quite thin.

Hopefully not, though!

Around the Network

Looks like it's just the same exact list from E3. Miyamoto has said he doesn't think Project Guard and Giant Robot will be stand alone games. 

Looks pretty solid (well at least the 2015 stuff..), considering the vast majority of major third parties avoid Nintendo like the plague, and many third party games are absent from that list. Personally, as someone who jumped on board to the Wii U party pretty late in the game, there are already more games than I will probably EVER need between the current games I have to catch up with in addition to the new and future games. Pays to be patient..

Already bought, conquered, and since sold off NSMB, just beat Pikmin 3 which was surprisingly fun. I have Mario Kart for my local and online multi needs. Wii Party U/Nintendoland for hanging with friends. Got a couple Ubi games on the cheap, Rayman and AC4 and I'm enjoying the hell out of both. I noticed Mass Effect 3 on amazon for like 9 bucks which I simply couldn't resist. Waiting for the newest Batman game to get just a little cheaper and I'll be picking up that one too. Figure I'll enjoy Wonderful 101 as a lover of Pikmin so I'll probably grab that soon. Might get Zombi U but I'm a little wary to pick up a launch title, especially from a third party, even at 15 bucks.. Still haven't gotten the successor to one of my all time favorite franchises yet, DKC.. Will probably get Watch Dogs when it hits budget price (which knowing the lackluster sales of most third parties, shouldn't take long).

Then of course the big one.. Smash Bros soon O_O

Then you got Splatoon, which to me looks like it could be one of the most fun multiplayer games since Wii Sports.. The Yoshi and Kirby games look good, as a big 2D platforming kinda guy.. And further down the line, you got Zelda and X (Xenoblade?) whatever it's called.. Starfox O_O. Not to mention all the indie stuff I got to catch up on. Honestly, if Nintendo didn't annouce a single game from here on out, I think I'd still be set until like 2017 when the new Nintendo machine will (hopefully) be released.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Yay! 4 new IP's for Wii U in 2015!

nice

TreeTurtle said:
Yay! 4 new IP's for Wii U in 2015!

None count.