By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did PS4 just win the console war?

Mystro-Sama said:
I fucking hate musou games... Couldn't SE give us a legit DQ game.

With all these spin-offs and musou-reskins, how long until we start seeing studios tapping into other popular games?

How long until we can play Gears of Hyrulian Wars? Halo Quest VII? Super Joel & Elie Galaxy III? Yoshi's Biohazard (Resident) World? Grand Theft Mario?

Around the Network
Vena said:
Mystro-Sama said:

With all these spin-offs and musou-reskins, how long until we start seeing studios tapping into other popular games?

How long until we can play Gears of Hyrulian Wars? Halo Quest VII? Super Joel & Elie Galaxy III? Yoshi's Biohazard (Resident) World? Grand Theft Mario?

Never, Never, Savage Starlight, Never, Miyamoto is in talks.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
menx64 said:
Japan... Difficult call. DQ spin-off and P5 may increase ps4 number for the week, but increase the weekly baseline? None of those games have good legs...

Persona has bad legs?

ucrazy!

P4Golden is a remake of a PS2 game thats one of the best selling games on the Vita.

If I am not mistaken P4g started about 160k... and ended up around 300k... I mean it sold well, but that's not what I would call a system seller... The vita baseline did not really increased. I know it was a port, but on a console with little big games, and a game with a strong fan base, that does not bold well.

The game may have legs, but the baseline of the console wont based on those 2 games.

Edits: Numbers to back up my words:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115957454&postcount=32

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115956899&postcount=1

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

You seem to have insider information!

What about Lara Croft Treasure Tracker? Captain Toad Tomb Raider?  The Legend of Nathan Drake? Unspoken: Link's End?

If the PS4 gets as big as PS2 in the amount of quality third party games, then I will not make the same mistake and miss out on it again.

Around the Network
Vena said:
Mystro-Sama said:

I'll try it as long it's not a musou game.

Vena said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

You seem to have insider information!

What about Lara Croft Treasure Tracker? Captain Toad Tomb Raider?  The Legend of Nathan Drake? Unspoken: Link's End?

Maybe, probably not, Naughty Dog said UC4 would be the last of Drake's adventure, so I doubt it.
My sources wish to remain Anonymous.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

With a damn Dragon Quest spin-off? Yup, the PS4 will over 100 million in Japan thanks to this game!!!!1

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

yes

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)