By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After the Wii U disaster, will you buy Nintendo's next console?

I'll wait for the game which will make me want one, just like with the Wii U.

A good 3D Mario or Zelda are the Nintendo console sellers for me.  Other franchises I like to play but are not console sellers to me (i.e. MK, Smash).

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

well just because the console didnt live up to expectations (sales wise) doesn't mean was a bad console..

Nintendo is a good brand

Shadow1980 said:
oniyide said:

maybe they are, but maybe they dont want to, considering the fusion thing im thinking maybe they really cant or dont want to fund another console

The Fusion? Oh, you mean that thing that's just an unsubstantiated rumor? I'll believe it when I see it. IMO I think it would be foolish for Nintendo to put all their eggs in one basket and only release a single piece of hardware next generation. What if the market doesn't go for a console/handheld hybrid and it ends up being another Wii U? Nintendo really would be in danger of being forced to go third party then. No, I think their current model of two different hardware lines is working fine and that the Wii U is just a hiccup. There's no need for radical risk-taking. They need to play it safe next generation.

you mean like they played it safe with the WIi? oh wait. It isnt working fine or else the WIi U would be doing much better. Hell it hasnt been working fine for a long time. Not since SNES days and even then. Actually the WIi was the hiccup as they have seen steady decline in home console sales since SNES until Wii now we are back to normal. 

Teeqoz said:
etking said:
If it is the Nintendo Playstation 5 (after buying Sony), I woud buy it.

Yeah...... because Nintendo can totally afford buying Sony....

OT: If they get a proper account system, and achievements then yes! (I might buy it anyways, but this would certainly help.)

they can afford to buy half of Sony to get control by just using the cash they have on hand.  If Sony wanted to buy anything they'd have to borrow the money.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I'll be dead before I stop buying Nintendo consoles...
Ms and Sony consoles on the other hand I will not always buy beacuse they will most likely stop making then long before I die(if I die by natural causes)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Shadow1980 said:
oniyide said:

maybe they are, but maybe they dont want to, considering the fusion thing im thinking maybe they really cant or dont want to fund another console

The Fusion? Oh, you mean that thing that's just an unsubstantiated rumor? I'll believe it when I see it. IMO I think it would be foolish for Nintendo to put all their eggs in one basket and only release a single piece of hardware next generation. What if the market doesn't go for a console/handheld hybrid and it ends up being another Wii U? Nintendo really would be in danger of being forced to go third party then. No, I think their current model of two different hardware lines is working fine and that the Wii U is just a hiccup. There's no need for radical risk-taking. They need to play it safe next generation.

you mean like they played it safe with the WIi? oh wait. It isnt working fine or else the WIi U would be doing much better. Hell it hasnt been working fine for a long time. Not since SNES days and even then. Actually the WIi was the hiccup as they have seen steady decline in home console sales since SNES until Wii now we are back to normal. 

Before this discussion goes on, let's not forget that the "Nintendo Fusion" rumor of early this year mentioned 2 consoles, 1 home console and 1 handheld, not a single device that would work as both things.

http://nintendonews.com/2014/01/nintendo-fusion-could-be-nintendos-next-gen-hardware-name/

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

How is the Wiiu a disaster? Not having all the mainstream gamers is actually a pretty big plus in my book. The WiiU not selling to consumers is not really affecting me personally. Third party would not be there anyway and Nintendo games come to the WiiU no matter the userbase.

So for me its not even close to a disaster.

johnsobas said:
Teeqoz said:
etking said:
If it is the Nintendo Playstation 5 (after buying Sony), I woud buy it.

Yeah...... because Nintendo can totally afford buying Sony....

OT: If they get a proper account system, and achievements then yes! (I might buy it anyways, but this would certainly help.)

they can afford to buy half of Sony to get control by just using the cash they have on hand.  If Sony wanted to buy anything they'd have to borrow the money.

Nintendo has 5,34 BN in cash reserves, Sonys market cap (value of all shares in total) is 20,15 BN so no, Nintendo can't afford buying half of Sonys shares, even if they spent ALL of their cash on it. Sony on the other hand has 8,08 BN cash reserves (not to mention the 148,93 BN worths of assets theyhave) while Nintendos market cap is only 16,62 BN  so in fact Sony is much closer to afford buying Nintendo than Nintendo is close to buying Sony. This also ignores that both companie currently have something called a buyout defense in place which avoids them being bought out buy anyone.

It helps to check facts before you post stuff like that.

Srassy said:
New 3DS games are about the same price as PS4 games.

that annoys me too. when i look for 3ds games i feel as if i'm paying "next gen tax".

Angelv577 said:
bigtakilla said:
Angelv577 said:
How can people decide to buy something they don't know anything about it. I can't make that decision now. For all we know, it could be worse than Wii U.

Because they know it will carry the IPs they want. We know it's going to get another Monolith Soft, Zelda, Metriod, Mario, and Smash game. Then we also get some of the smaller franchises like Pikmin, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, and whatever games they decide to produce but pay others to make (2nd party games). It'd be even better if Nintendo would get their heads out of their asses and realise we want Fatal Frame as well.

For myself, I KNOW for an absolute fact I will be getting the next Nintendo system, I love their games.

Well, we can conclude nintendo fans will always buy their next nintendo console but Wii U is label as a "disaster" not because of nintendo fans but for the rest of the players who don't find Wii U attractive enough to buy it based on current sales.  Those are the consumers nintendo as a company need to attract and I'm one of them so I can't decide to buy their next console now if the Nintendo games aren't enough.

I'm just answering the question, anyone else who knows.