By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS3 will at least equal the lifetime sales of the Wii, in Europe

TWRoO said:
tombi where do you live? because either there has been a huge shipment last weekend or I was halucinating when I found no Wii in stock last Thursday.

Worthing, which is just outside Brighton. My local Game and Gamestation have had the Wii in stock since the beginning of January. They sold out for a brief time during in christmas. 

Last year they were in stock in Worthing and Brighton from about May onwards.  

Around the Network

all bold predictions, not based on facts.

"I expect this to happen, but I dont base myself on anything, just a wild prediction"

Here goes my prediction: I predict MGS4 will go to x360, then sales of the 360 will start going up making the 360 expand its lead WW and pass japan ps3 sales

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Coglestop said:
I suppose it's possible, but right now I'm just not seeing it happen.

Right now the Wii has a 2+ million lead in Others and is still outselling the PS3 almost every week even WITH heavy supply constraints on the Wii side. Until that changes, the gap will grow larger and catching up will become harder and harder to do.

Aren't the heavy constraints only in France and UK?

Well if they were only sold out for a brief period over Christmas then it is clearly a localised issue, because the UK was generally in low supply throughout the year, and was critically low through Nov/Dec (possibly Oct too)

I suspect the Spanish have been wafting Sony vibes over to Brighton.

I really doubt it can make up almost a 3 million lead when the Wii is still outselling the PS3. It would have to outsell it dramatically to gain this much ground for years.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network

"If tell a tell them a lie often enough they will eventually beleive it." Adolf Hitler(para-phrase)

this is in reference to the reports from secluded sony fanboys living in the mountains that there are piles of Wii to be found at WILL!!!

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Until the PS3 outsells the Wii for more than a week or two (4 weeks straight without major releases for either console would be best) I don't think this is going to happen. And everyone seems to forget that Nintendo can drop the price if demand decreases too much. Everyone talks of the price drops from the other two, but no one ever mentions Nintendo.

There is none around in South Wales area that i have seen Newport/Cardiff area and last time i checked Wales was in the United Kingdom of Great Britan and Northern Island.

I think it's possible, the only region that it is possible in, but i'm still not sure that it will happen. If PS3 doesn't equal Wii when all is said and done, it speaks to the magnitude of Nintendo's turnaround considering how badly they were beaten in 'Others' in the last two generations.

tombi123 said:
Neos said:
tombi123 said:
There are no supply problems for the Wii in Europe.

ROFL, good joke there mate, im guessing those wii's are all invisible in my city or something?

Well there is no supply issues in the UK. Is Holland a big market?

Thats total texas bullocks my friend, the majority of the uk is still struggling to find a wii, trust me i know, i work at toys r us. we're the only store in the uk to have consistent deliveries and reliable stock because we have a deal with nintendo. everywhere else still sells out within an hour or so.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)