By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS3 will at least equal the lifetime sales of the Wii, in Europe

bigjon said:
"If tell a tell them a lie often enough they will eventually beleive it." Adolf Hitler(para-phrase)

this is in reference to the reports from secluded sony fanboys living in the mountains that there are piles of Wii to be found at WILL!!!

I suppose you would know coming from the USA.

I am not a Sony Fanboy, I got the Wii on launch day and the PS3 last October. 

Go to www.game.co.uk It says, Wii, Available for Immediate dispatch.

Go to www.gameplay.co.uk It says Wii in stock 

Go to www.gamestation.co.uk It has Wii's in stock

Go to www.play.com It says Dispatched within 24 hours 

Around the Network
blink182 said:
tombi123 said:
Neos said:
tombi123 said:
There are no supply problems for the Wii in Europe.

ROFL, good joke there mate, im guessing those wii's are all invisible in my city or something?

Well there is no supply issues in the UK. Is Holland a big market?

Thats total texas bullocks my friend, the majority of the uk is still struggling to find a wii, trust me i know, i work at toys r us. we're the only store in the uk to have consistent deliveries and reliable stock because we have a deal with nintendo. everywhere else still sells out within an hour or so.

Well thats a lie, I was in Game and Gamestation at the weekend and they both had about 15 on display. This was at about 1 in the afternoon, no one was in the que buying one. I went back at about 3 and there were still the same amount of Wii's on display.

Being in stock doesn't mean it's not going to sell though. So I hope you aren't backing your prediction on the fact that the Wii isn't sold out.

Also, I think most of those sites sell them as bundles with out games and controllers and stuff. I know you can find a few sites in NA that sell Wiis with 3 or 4 games and an extra controller set for $500, and they are usually in stock.

@Stever89

My prediction isn't based on whether the Wii is or isn't sold out at the moment. It is just a general feeling.

http://www.walmart.com/search/browse-ng.do?ic=24_0&ref=125866.183467+500524.4293873225&catNavId=482412

Walmart has premiums and elites with a bundle... there is no supply issue with 360. This proves it.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

While I doubt it will happen, I wouldn`t be surprised if Sony manage this in Australia as the PS3 is selling incredibly well down here even with the "base" model selling at $700. The Wii is still far ahead but with around 10% of the population owning a PS2 I would give the PS3 a decent shot at selling equal or greater than the Wii in Australia. It will be interesting anyway.

blink182 said:
tombi123 said:
Neos said:
tombi123 said:
There are no supply problems for the Wii in Europe.

ROFL, good joke there mate, im guessing those wii's are all invisible in my city or something?

Well there is no supply issues in the UK. Is Holland a big market?

Thats total texas bullocks my friend, the majority of the uk is still struggling to find a wii, trust me i know, i work at toys r us. we're the only store in the uk to have consistent deliveries and reliable stock because we have a deal with nintendo. everywhere else still sells out within an hour or so.

the majority of the uk has them in stock, toyrus website shows them instock , game in bangor which i said in another thread, has loads in stock

@bigjon

In America. I was talking about the UK. Why don't you believe my anecdotal evidence? My prediction isn't based on what is selling now, so I have no reason to lie. I am also not a fanboy, I waiting for about an hour on amazon.co.uk to pre order my Wii before it launched and I was lucky enough to get one.

tombi123 said:
@Stever89

My prediction isn't based on whether the Wii is or isn't sold out at the moment. It is just a general feeling.

So then why are you arguing that the Wii is not sold out or supply constrained right now? Another feeling?

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

There's just no indication that PS3 will ever outsell Wii in Europe, at least not in the long term. Europe may be PS3's strongest market, but that doesn't disregard the fact that Wii continues to outsell it there on a weekly basis with no signs of stopping.