By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Will have 50% Market Share by end of 2014

Gentlemen, when you make a bet, you should specify that only official number from Sony will say who is right , you cant make a bet based on VGC for ps4

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Whats there to discuss? Everyone can tell the PS4 is killing it and its the second round of the PS2 phenomenon.

Its just how it goes.

If my math is right it would have to match both the WiiU and Xbox1 then sell an additional 2mil on top of that to have 50% market share. i too see it at 18 mil ltd by jan 1 2015 so that would mean 6 mil in any combinatioon of WiiU/Xbox1 sales.... i just have a feeling Xbox1 will have a good holiday in 'merica so my vote is no

There is no way Wii-U is going to sell the same as Xbox One the last four months. Xbox One is going to sell much more starting September and through the holidays. Still not close to PS4 though.

celador said:
I think PS4 is overestimated by about 1.5 million, Wii U by 500k, and X1 underestimated by 500k. So I do not agree about 50% market-share.

What? You do realize that we have sony numbers showing that the ps4 is under tracked by at least a couple hundred thousand and vgchartz has been over tracking the xbox one at least in the us really since launch...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
There is no way Wii-U is going to sell the same as Xbox One the last four months. Xbox One is going to sell much more starting September and through the holidays. Still not close to PS4 though.

you think so? why? as far as i can tell Wii U has bigger games coming than Xone does

Normchacho said:
celador said:
I think PS4 is overestimated by about 1.5 million, Wii U by 500k, and X1 underestimated by 500k. So I do not agree about 50% market-share.

What? You do realize that we have sony numbers showing that the ps4 is under tracked by at least a couple hundred thousand and vgchartz has been over tracking the xbox one at least in the us really since launch...

I am talking about in relation to OP's estimates, not current numbers

celador said:
Normchacho said:
celador said:

I am talking about in relation to OP's estimates, not current numbers

Ooh ok that makes more sense.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Not if Smash has anything to say about it!

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

It's going to be really close to 50% by the end of September due to Destiny.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.