By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most hypocritical thing ever

Should Wii U/3DS get Minecraft?

Yes, they deserve it 166 61.71%

No, keep it on the hardcore devices 53 19.70%

see results 50 18.59%

Total:269
amak11 said:
What's the point? Minecraft is dead and everyone knows it.

Hmm sales wise its the wiiu that is more dead, just going by facts not hopes and opinions.

Around the Network
amak11 said:

So I guess Mario Kart 8 has already walked it's path to oblivion, since Minecraft constantly outsells it?

Teeqoz said:
amak11 said:

So I guess Mario Kart 8 has already walked it's path to oblivion, since Minecraft constantly outsells it?

'Constantly outsells it'? The week ending August 23 is the first week since Mario Kart 8's release that any version of Minecraft has been above it. That's not constantly at all.

However, I will agree that Minecraft isn't dead, at least on consoles. Honestly, I think that Minecraft's controls would work the best on devices that have touch screens, like the Wii U, 3DS, and Vita, so I'm not sure what reasons Mojang could possibly have for not making ports of it on Nintendo systems yet. Install base is clearly not an issue, as the Xbox One and Vita are getting ports, even though the Wii U and 3DS, with higher install bases respectively, aren't.

StarDoor said:
Teeqoz said:
amak11 said:

'Constantly outsells it'? The week ending August 23 is the first week since Mario Kart 8's release that any version of Minecraft has been above it. That's not constantly at all.

However, I will agree that Minecraft isn't dead, at least on consoles. Honestly, I think that Minecraft's controls would work the best on devices that have touch screens, like the Wii U, 3DS, and Vita, so I'm not sure what reasons Mojang could possibly have for not making ports of it on Nintendo systems yet. Install base is clearly not an issue, as the Xbox One and Vita are getting ports, even though the Wii U and 3DS, with higher install bases respectively, aren't.

Combined SKU's, it's constantly outselling Mariokart

At least on consoles? It sells 14 thousand copies PER DAY on PC. As proven time and time again, most Wii U owners don't buy many third party games. Despite the larger installbase, ACIV sold far better on the Xbox One than on the Wii U

Teeqoz said:

Combined SKU's, it's constantly outselling Mariokart

At least on consoles? It sells 14 thousand copies PER DAY on PC. As proven time and time again, most Wii U owners don't buy many third party games. Despite the larger installbase, ACIV sold far better on the Xbox One than on the Wii U

Combing SKUs doesn't give an accurate comparison of game sales, especially when one console has 7 million units sold and the other two have over eighty million.

Also, I just didn't know how well Minecraft was selling on PC; I wasn't implying that it was dead on PC but not on consoles. The PC sales are irrelevant to this discussion, aside from pointing out the fact that Minecraft is far from being dead, which we agree on.

Finally, Wii U owners are mostly hardcore Nintendo fans and avid gamers, and they would prefer to play games like ACIV on consoles that don't get lazy, low-quality ports. Minecraft is a game which doesn't require high specs to run, and the Wii U version would likely be superior to the PS4 and Xbox One version simply because of the better control options. Minecraft has never been released on a Nintendo console, and it's much different from the AAA multiplatform titles that do poorly on Wii U. We can't really know how well it will do until Mojang starts acting like it's actually interested in profits.

Around the Network

Well Nintendo has to show that it is a viable platform for the product. If the developer / publisher is convinced that there is money to be made he will release it.

There way to many threads on this topic about publishers hating nintendo, their jobs is to sell games on which they have invested money, not to make nintendo fans happy. The fact that they dont release games is a business decision (correct/incorrect). No hate involved

As others have said, Nintendo's past dealings with 3rd parties probably has something to do with it.

Also, Vita owners are more likely to play Shooters/action adventure? Might want to take reality check there...

2 things.

1. I don't know if 3DS can handle a Minecraft game.
2. Sony and MS help publish Minecraft on their consoles.

Don't copy random editorials.

amak11 said:

What? Since when is Minecraft dead?

Doesn't make sense to me either!! I would think the gamepad would be great for Minecraft; however, I could be wrong. Should the Wii U and 3DS get this game...YES!! Will it ever come to both...most likely not...but here's hoping!!