By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 "stumbles where it counts"

CGI-Quality said:
BenVTrigger said:
Gameplay for this game is going to turn some people off. I've had hands on time with it already and will have quite a bit of hands on time with the game again next week.

Its beautiful, but anyone downplaying those who have played it you really shouldn't be. Overall I expect from what I've played a solid 80s Metacritic so nothing bad at all, but there will be people who don't enjoy this game.

With my own hands on time, I agree that everyone won't like it. However, the general discussion in here is not: "downplaying those who've played it". On this site, we've only really seen negative previews of it, and to some, that makes no sense (almost a similar situation with Quantum Break - although there have been a few positive threads about it here).

But then, saying the game won't be for everyone is pointless. NO game is for everyone.

This is true.

Personally I'm more excited to play these 2 next week, as I've had zero hands on time with them so far

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
BenVTrigger said:

This is true.

-pic

Personally I'm more excited to play these 2 next week, as I've had zero hands on time with them so far

Funnily enough, Unitl Dawn is my secondmost wanted game.

Yeah I'm really interested in acutally giving it a spin. I wasn't too hyped for it at first because it was Move and I'm not into motion controls but the re reveal of it on PS4 has me very interested. I want to mess with it a couple times and see how your different choices effect the game.

BenVTrigger said:
Gameplay for this game is going to turn some people off. I've had hands on time with it already and will have quite a bit of hands on time with the game again next week.

Its beautiful, but anyone downplaying those who have played it you really shouldn't be. Overall I expect from what I've played a solid 80s Metacritic so nothing bad at all, but there will be people who don't enjoy this game.

There were people who didn't like TLOU either, so it's not really saying much. Indeed some people reckon you can get the same amount of enjoyment from TLOU if you watch the stitched together movie of it on Youtube.

The big question is whether the game will disappoint those who would be generally inclinded to quite like this sort of game. As far as I can tell that's where games like TLOU differ from games like what people are suggesting the Order may be. The disappointment factor, which makes it hard to recommend even for those who do end up enjoying it. Like how Infamous Second Sons was for me, I liked it but it was over all a bit of a disappointment, so I could not in all honestly say that the game was worth buying a PS4 for it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

BenVTrigger said:
CGI-Quality said:
BenVTrigger said:

This is true.

-pic

Funnily enough, Unitl Dawn is my secondmost wanted game.

Yeah I'm really interested in acutally giving it a spin. I wasn't too hyped for it at first because it was Move and I'm not into motion controls but the re reveal of it on PS4 has me very interested. I want to mess with it a couple times and see how your different choices effect the game.

My question is: How far away from release do you get the games to try out? Does it mean that Until Dawn can be Q1 15 game same as The Order and Bloodborne?

enditall727 said:

Oh lord

I hope this game doesn't end up pulling a "Knack" when it comes to review scores.

Aint nobody got time for another game to come out being TRASH.

Every... fucking... time you turn around, a game you were seriously looking forward to comes out and ends up being TRASH. EVERY FUCKING TIME!!!

PLEEEEEEAAAAAASE dont let this happen with The Order. PLEASE!!

If its happening every time then stop getting hyped for shitty games :P.

Around the Network

So The Order has a terrible gun roster?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Some people in the comments section of the article are saying that the writer wasn't even using the weapons as they're supposed to be, especially the 'machine gun' with flares one. For the people who have had hands-on with the game, is there any truth to this?

How shocking. It's time to realize that new original innovative fun masterpiece triple A action games like Batman Arkham Asylum is a thing of past and not gonna happen anymore. It's over - nothing new can be invented. It's all about 1080p 60 fps now. You want to discover new gaming horizons you will have to dig into the libraries of past gen systems and get hyped about Grim Fandango, a game from 1998, being released on PS4 while PC gamers have been comfortably playing it for the last 15 years. KAPOO

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Josiah said:
This game just went from preorder to wait for reviews. I still think it will sell extremely will for being "like gears of war" and "gorgeous".

Nah you never even tought about pre-ordering this game, infact i don't think u even liked this game at all, why u must lie little one?

but ok let's say u are telling the truth huh? then i feel sorry for u because a freakin preview from ONE site can change ur mind so fast...

Add me if u want :)

This is game is not going to revolutionize the gameplay aspects of TPS and the developer said they are trying to tell a story using this TPS mechanics and some unique elements to make this better experience with excellent characters, story, visuals etc., But IGN think this game was meant to revolutionize the gameplay which is not. This game is about to provide unique experience with mix of everything not about pure gameplay all over the game, so one needs to play the game completely to understand it instead of playing a small section which is meant only for that section using weapons and tactics.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.