By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why aren't there Wii U commercials like this?

Nintendo commercials are usually bad

Around the Network
HBninjaX said:

I agree.  That's actually something they can learn from Sony.

If they want this to be on television, I'd cut out the 2015 section, and split the other two sections in half. So four commercials total. I also like archbrix's idea of having all of the screens at every ending.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

PigPen said:
HBninjaX said:

This compilation looks exactly like the stuff Sony makes, even the music sounds similar.

Mystro-Sama said:
PigPen said:
HBninjaX said:

This compilation looks exactly like the stuff Sony makes, even the music sounds similar.

It looks better.

Around the Network
celador said:
It's over three minutes long for a start

This ^

Whether it is prime time or not, this will cost A LOT of money to air. 

Another note is that the cheesy commercials that they do air are short yet effective due to the audience that they are targeting.  I feel that  the video that you posted would appeal to say you and me, but not the parents who are going to be buying these consoles for their kids.

Well they produced this video for YouTube. It's a start. Nintendo is returning to core gaming and I like it.

My 8th gen collection

The last decent Nintendo commercial I remember seeing on TV was one for Fire Emblem Awakening, their Youtube content hasn't been that bad but the actual commercials that they put on television... disgusting.

I know Miyamoto is now trying to talk the talk about targeting "core" gamers more but one of the reasons they lost so much of their main audiences outside of Japan has more to do with badly showcasing their software to the average gamer then their half-arsed attempts at trying to target casuals.

Edit: That being said, chopping the youtube montage linked in this thread (personally with different music but whatever) in 30 to 45 sec commericals would be a lot better then their normal Wii U advertiseing output.

Mystro-Sama said:
celador said:
It's over three minutes long for a start

I'm not saying it should be aired during prime time...

But that's when you want to have it aired

PigPen said:
HBninjaX said:

Sony just goes too far creepy. They are a movie company though. They have people to do this